Obstacles to Developing Indigenous Small and Medium Enterprises: An Empirical Assessment
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mesnard, Alice & Ravallion, Martin, 2001. "Wealth Distribution and Self-Employment in a Developing Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3026, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alice Mesnard & Martin Ravallion, 2006. "The Wealth Effect on New Business Startups in a Developing Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(291), pages 367-392, August.
- H. C. J. Hanns Pichler, 2015. "In Quest of SME-Conducive Policy Formulation," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 20(Special E), pages 271-282, September.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2006. "Foreign Ownership, Technological Capabilities and Exports: Evidence from 205 Clothing Firms in Sri Lanka," MERIT Working Papers 032, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ioan E. Nistor & Daniela-Rodica Popescu, 2013. "Romanian SMEs Financing Options: An Empirical Analysis," Finante - provocarile viitorului (Finance - Challenges of the Future), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(15), pages 12-21, December.
- Christopher J. Green & Colin H. Kirkpatrick & Victor Murinde, 2006. "Finance for small enterprise growth and poverty reduction in developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 1017-1030.
- Hossein Askari & Abbas Mirakhor, 2014. "Risk sharing, public policy and the contribution of Islamic finance," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 67(271), pages 345-379.
- Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, Banji, 2002. "Manufacturing Response in a National System of Innovation: Evidence from the Brewing Firms in Nigeria," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 03, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Kung'U, Gabriel Kamau, 2011. "Factors influencing SMEs access to finance: A case study of Westland Division,Kenya," MPRA Paper 66633, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Huw Lloyd-Ellis, 2003. "On the Impact of Inequality on Productivity Growth in the Short and Long Term: A Synthesis," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 29(s1), pages 65-86, January.
- Anjali Kumar & Manuela Francisco, 2005. "Enterprise Size, Financing Patterns, and Credit Constraints in Brazil : Analysis of Data from the Investment Climate Assessment Survey," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7330, June.
- Blackman, Allen & Bannister, Geoffrey, 1997. "Community Pressure and Clean Technologies in the Informal Sector: An Econometric Analysis of the Adoption of Propane by Traditional Brickmakers in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico," Discussion Papers dp-97-16-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Blackman, Allen & Bannister, Geoffrey J., 1998. "Community Pressure and Clean Technology in the Informal Sector: An Econometric Analysis of the Adoption of Propane by Traditional Mexican Brickmakers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, Banji, 2001. "Networks and Linkages in African Manufacturing Cluster: A Nigerian Case Study," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 5, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Marcus H. Böhme & Sarah Kups, 2017. "The economic effects of labour immigration in developing countries: A literature review," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 335, OECD Publishing.
- Hala El-Said & Mahmoud Al-Said & Chahir Zaki, 2013. "What Determines the Access to Finance of SMEs? Evidence from the Egyptian Case," Working Papers 752, Economic Research Forum, revised May 2013.
- Sjöquist, Pernilla, 1996. "Small Scale Industries, Transactions Costs and Reform: The Case of Tanzania," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 124, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Frazer, Garth, 2006. "Learning the master's trade: Apprenticeship and human capital in Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 259-298, December.
- McCormick, Dorothy & Kinyanjui, Mary Njeri & Ongile, Grace, 1997. "Growth and barriers to growth among Nairobi's small and medium-sized garment producers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1095-1110, July.
- Emily Chamlee-Wright, 2015. "Markets as an extension of culture," Chapters,in: Culture and Economic Action, chapter 5, pages 88-122 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Muritala Taiwo A & Awolaja Ayodeji M & Bako Yusuf A, 2012. "Small and Medium Enterprises and Economic Growth in Nigeria," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 3(3), pages 45-53, June.
- Lizbeth Navas-Alemán & Carlo Pietrobelli & Marco Kamiya, 2012. "Inter-Firm Linkages and Finance in Value Chains," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4067, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Rama, Martin & DEC, 1994. "Flexibility in Sri Lanka's labor market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1262, The World Bank.
- Duranton,Gilles & Ghani,Syed Ejaz & Goswami,Arti Grover & Kerr,William Robert, 2015. "Effects of land misallocation on capital allocations in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7451, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:wbecrv:v:7:y:1993:i:1:p:65-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wrldbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.