Stock Volatility and the Crash of '87: Discussion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takaishi, Tetsuya, 2018. "Bias correction in the realized stochastic volatility model for daily volatility on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 500(C), pages 139-154.
- Giraitis, Liudas & Leipus, Remigijus & Robinson, Peter M. & Surgailis, Donatas, 2004. "LARCH, leverage, and long memory," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 294, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Goncalves, Silvia & Kilian, Lutz, 2004.
"Bootstrapping autoregressions with conditional heteroskedasticity of unknown form,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 89-120, November.
- Gonçalves, Sílvia & Kilian, Lutz, 2002. "Bootstrapping autoregressions with conditional heteroskedasticity of unknown form," Working Paper Series 196, European Central Bank.
- Kilian, Lutz & Gonçalves, Sílvia, 2002. "Bootstrapping Autoregressions with Conditional Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,26, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- GONÇALVES, Silvia & KILIAN, Lutz, 2003. "Bootstrapping Autoregressions with Conditional Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Cahiers de recherche 2003-01, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Gonçalves, Sílvia & KILIAN, Lutz, 2003. "Bootstrapping Autoregressions with Conditional Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," Cahiers de recherche 01-2003, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en Ã©conomie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Silvia Gonçalves & Lutz Kilian, 2003. "Bootstrapping Autoregressions with Conditional Heteroskedasticity of Unknown Form," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-17, CIRANO.
- Tim Bollerslev, 2008. "Glossary to ARCH (GARCH)," CREATES Research Papers 2008-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Liudas Giraitis, 2004. "LARCH, Leverage, and Long Memory," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(2), pages 177-210.
- Ghysels, Eric & Santa-Clara, Pedro & Valkanov, Rossen, 2005.
"There is a risk-return trade-off after all,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 509-548, June.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2003. "There is a Risk-Return Tradeoff After All," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-26, CIRANO.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "There is a Risk-Return Tradeoff After All," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-24, CIRANO.
- Eric Ghysels & Pedro Santa-Clara & Rossen Valkanov, 2004. "There is a Risk-Return Tradeoff After All," NBER Working Papers 10913, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Köksal, Bülent, 2009. "A Comparison of Conditional Volatility Estimators for the ISE National 100 Index Returns," MPRA Paper 30510, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caldeira, João F & Moura, Guilherme Valle & Santos, André Alves Portela, 2013.
"Seleção de carteiras utilizando o modelo Fama-French-Carhart,"
Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 67(1), April.
- Guilherme Valle Moura & João Frois Caldeira & André Santos, 2014. "Seleção De Carteiras Utilizando O Modelofama-French-Carhart," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 117, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:67:n:1:a:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Gang & Li, Yong, 2015. "Forecasting copper futures volatility under model uncertainty," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 167-176.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1996. "Stock market volatility and the crash of 1987: evidence from six emerging markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 969-981, December.
- Buncic, Daniel & Gisler, Katja I.M., 2016.
"Global equity market volatility spillovers: A broader role for the United States,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1317-1339.
- Buncic, Daniel & Gisler, Katja I. M., 2015. "Global Equity Market Volatility Spillovers: A Broader Role for the United States," Economics Working Paper Series 1508, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Takaishi, Tetsuya, 2017. "Rational GARCH model: An empirical test for stock returns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 473(C), pages 451-460.
- Liudas Giraitis & Remigijus Leipus & Peter M Robinson & Donatas Surgailis, 2003. "LARCH, Leverage and Long Memory," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 460, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- João Caldeira & Guilherme Moura & André Santos, 2015. "Measuring Risk in Fixed Income Portfolios using Yield Curve Models," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 65-82, June.
- Montero, José M. & García-Centeno, Maria C. & Fernández-Avilés, Gema, 2011. "Modelling the Volatility of the Spanish Wholesale Electricity Spot Market. Asymmetric GARCH Models vs. Threshold ARSV model/Modelización de la volatilidad en el mercado eléctrico español. Modelos GARC," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 597-616, Agosto.
- Haas, Markus & Krause, Jochen & Paolella, Marc S. & Steude, Sven C., 2013.
"Time-varying mixture GARCH models and asymmetric volatility,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 602-623.
- Markus Haas & Jochen Krause & Marc S. Paolella & Sven C. Steude, 2013. "Time-Varying Mixture GARCH Models and Asymmetric Volatility," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 13-04, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Carol Alexander & Emese Lazar, 2009. "Modelling Regime‐Specific Stock Price Volatility," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(6), pages 761-797, December.
- Nicholas Apergis & Sophia Eleptheriou, 2001. "Stock returns and volatility: Evidence from the Athens Stock market index," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 25(1), pages 50-61, March.
- Viviana Fernández, 2002. "How Sensitive is Volatility to Exchange Rate Regimes?," Documentos de Trabajo 135, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Santos, André A.P. & Moura, Guilherme V., 2014. "Dynamic factor multivariate GARCH model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 606-617.
- Spodniak, Petr & Bertsch, Valentin, 2020. "Is flexible and dispatchable generation capacity rewarded in electricity futures markets? A multinational impact analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 196(C).
- Bülent Köksal & Ahmet Çalışkan, 2012. "Political Business Cycles and Partisan Politics: Evidence from a Developing Economy," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 182-199, July.
- José‐María Montero & Gema Fernández‐Avilés & María‐Carmen García, 2010. "Estimation of Asymmetric Stochastic Volatility Models: Application to Daily Average Prices of Energy Products," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 78(3), pages 330-347, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:3:y:1990:i:1:p:103-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press or Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.