The Strategic Underreporting of Bank Risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kok, Christoffer & Müller, Carola & Ongena, Steven & Pancaro, Cosimo, 2021.
"The disciplining effect of supervisory scrutiny in the EU-wide stress test,"
Working Paper Series
2551, European Central Bank.
- Kok, Christoffer & Müller, Carola & Ongena, Steven & Pancaro, Cosimo, 2021. "The disciplining effect of supervisory scrutiny in the EU-wide stress test," CEPR Discussion Papers 16157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nakashima, Kiyotaka & Ogawa, Toshiaki, 2020. "The Impacts of Strengthening Regulatory Surveillance on Bank Behavior: A Dynamic Analysis from Incomplete to Complete Enforcement of Capital Regulation in Microprudential Policy," MPRA Paper 99938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abbassi, Puriya & Schmidt, Michael, 2018.
"A comprehensive view on risk reporting: Evidence from supervisory data,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 74-85.
- Abbassi, Puriya & Schmidt, Michael, 2018. "A comprehensive view on risk reporting: Evidence from supervisory data," Discussion Papers 08/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Ho, Kin-Yip & Shi, Yanlin & Zhang, Zhaoyong, 2020. "News and return volatility of Chinese bank stocks," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 1095-1105.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Williams, Barry, 2018. "Effective governance, financial markets, financial institutions & crises," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1-15.
- Liu, Cai, 2021. "The IRB model, bank regulatory arbitrage, and the Eurozone crisis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Mariassunta Giannetti & José María Liberti & Jason Sturgess, 2017. "Information Sharing and Rating Manipulation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(9), pages 3269-3304.
- Laura Blattner & Luisa Farinha & Francisca Rebelo, 2017.
"When Losses Turn Into Loans: The Cost of Undercapitalized Banks,"
pbl215, Job Market Papers.
- Blattner, Laura & Farinha, Luísa & Rebelo, Francisca, 2019. "When losses turn into loans: the cost of undercapitalized banks," Working Paper Series 2228, European Central Bank.
- Blattner, Laura & Farinha, Luisa & Rebelo, Francisco, 2018. "When Losses Turn into Loans: The Cost of Undercapitalized Banks," Research Papers 3688, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Luísa Farinha & Francisca Rebelo & Laura Blattner, 2018. "When losses turn into loans: the cost of undercapitalized banks," Working Papers w201816, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Jean-Edouard Colliard, 2019.
"Strategic Selection of Risk Models and Bank Capital Regulation,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(6), pages 2591-2606, June.
- Colliard, Jean-Edouard, 2017. "Strategic Selection of Risk Models and Bank Capital Regulation," HEC Research Papers Series 1229, HEC Paris, revised 29 Nov 2017.
- Leitner, Yaron & Yilmaz, Bilge, 2019. "Regulating a model," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 251-268.
- Lim, Ivan & Hagendorff, Jens & Armitage, Seth, 2019. "Is the fox guarding the henhouse? Bankers in the Federal Reserve, bank leverage and risk-shifting," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 478-504.
- Arnould, Guillaume & Guin, Benjamin & Ongena, Steven & Siciliani, Paolo, 2020.
"(When) do banks react to anticipated capital reliefs?,"
Bank of England working papers
889, Bank of England.
- Guillaume Arnould & Benjamin Guin & Steven Ongena & Paolo Siciliani, 2020. "(When) Do Banks React to Anticipated Capital Reliefs?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 20-113, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Enzo Scannella & Salvatore Polizzi, 2021. "How to measure bank credit risk disclosure? Testing a new methodological approach based on the content analysis framework," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(1), pages 73-95, March.
- Calza, Alessandro & Hey, Julius-Benjamin & Parrini, Alessandro & Sauer, Stephan, 2021. "Corporate loans, banks’ internal risk estimates and central bank collateral: evidence from the euro area," Working Paper Series 2579, European Central Bank.
- Rosario Roca & Francesco Potente & Luca Giulio Ciavoliello & Alessandro Conciarelli & Giovanni Diprizio & Lanfranco Lodi & Roberto Mosca & Tommaso Perez & Jacopo Raponi & Emiliano Sabatini & Antonio S, 2017. "Risks and challenges of complex financial isntruments: an analysis of SSM banks," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 417, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Goel, Tirupam & Lewrick, Ulf & Tarashev, Nikola, 2020.
"Bank capital allocation under multiple constraints,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 44(C).
- Tirupam Goel & Ulf Lewrick & Agnė Nikola Tarashev, 2017. "Bank capital allocation under multiple constraints," BIS Working Papers 666, Bank for International Settlements.
- Janet Gao & Yeejin Jang, 0. "What Drives Global Lending Syndication? Effects of Cross-Country Capital Regulation Gaps," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 519-559.
- Behn, Markus Wilhelm & Haselmann, Rainer & Vig, Vikrant, 2014.
"The limits of model-based regulation,"
IMFS Working Paper Series
82, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Behn, Markus & Haselmann, Rainer & Vig, Vikrant, 2016. "The limits of model-based regulation," Working Paper Series 1928, European Central Bank.
- Behn, Markus & Haselmann, Rainer & Vig, Vikrant, 2014. "The limits of model-based regulation," SAFE Working Paper Series 75, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- João Granja & Christian Leuz & Raghuram Rajan, 2018. "Going the Extra Mile: Distant Lending and Credit Cycles," NBER Working Papers 25196, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sophia Döme & Stefan Kerbl, 2017. "Comparability of Basel risk weights in the EU banking sector," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 34, pages 68-89.
- Hanley, Kathleen W. & Jagolinzer, Alan D. & Nikolova, Stanislava, 2018. "Strategic estimation of asset fair values," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 25-45.
- Haselmann, Rainer & Tröger, Tobias, 2021. "What are the main differences between the practice of supervising large banks in the UK and in the euro area, and what are the main risks of regulatory divergence?," SAFE White Paper Series 86, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Irina Andrievskaya & Mikhail Raschupkin, 2015. "Is it Worth Being Transparent? Evidence from the Russian Banking System," HSE Working papers WP BRP 51/FE/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:30:y:2017:i:10:p:3376-3415.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.