Pay for Performance? CEO Compensation and Acquirer Returns in BHCs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philipp E. Otto & Friedel Bolle, 2016. "Organizational power: Should remuneration heterogeneity mirror hierarchy?," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 20(3), pages 187-205, September.
- King, Timothy & Srivastav, Abhishek & Williams, Jonathan, 2016. "What's in an education? Implications of CEO education for bank performance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 287-308.
- Cowan, Arnold R. & Salotti, Valentina, 2015. "The resolution of failed banks during the crisis: Acquirer performance and FDIC guarantees, 2008–2013," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 222-238.
- Burns, Natasha & Jindra, Jan & Minnick, Kristina, 2017. "Sales of private firms and the role of CEO compensation," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 444-463.
- Ghosh, Chinmoy & Petrova, Milena, 2013. "Does deregulation induce competition in the market for corporate control? The special case of banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5220-5235.
- Srivastav, Abhishek & Armitage, Seth & Hagendorff, Jens, 2014. "CEO inside debt holdings and risk-shifting: Evidence from bank payout policies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 41-53.
- Entrop, Oliver & Merkel, Matthias F., 2018. "Managers' research education, the use of FX derivatives and corporate speculation," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Betriebswirtschaftliche Reihe B-32-18, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Bennett, Rosalind L. & Güntay, Levent & Unal, Haluk, 2015. "Inside debt, bank default risk, and performance during the crisis," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 487-513.
- Krolikowski, Marcin W., 2016. "Incentive pay and acquirer returns – The impact of Sarbanes–Oxley," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 99-111.
- repec:eee:finana:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jens Hagendorff & Francesco Vallascas, 2012. "CEO Pay and Risk-taking in Banking: The Roles of Bonus Plans and Deferred Compensation in Curbing Bank Risk-taking," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hagendorff, Jens & Vallascas, Francesco, 2011. "CEO pay incentives and risk-taking: Evidence from bank acquisitions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 1078-1095, September.
- Igan, Deniz & Lambert, Thomas & Wagner, Wolf & Zhang, Quxian, 2017.
"Winning Connections? Special Interests and the Sale of Failed Banks,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12440, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Deniz O Igan & Thomas Lambert & Wolf Wagner & Quxian Zhang, 2017. "Winning Connections? Special Interests and the Sale of Failed Banks," IMF Working Papers 17/262, International Monetary Fund.
- Colonnello, Stefano & Herpfer, Christoph, 2018. "Do courts matter for firm value? Evidence from the U.S. court system," IWH Discussion Papers 1/2016, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- repec:eee:corfin:v:47:y:2017:i:c:p:131-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balafas, Nikolaos & Florackis, Chris, 2014. "CEO compensation and future shareholder returns: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 97-115.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:20:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1057_s41260-018-0100-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrey Golubov & Dimitris Petmezas & Nickolaos G. Travlos, 2013. "Empirical mergers and acquisitions research: a review of methods, evidence and managerial implications," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, chapter 12, pages 287-313 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:bla:abacus:v:53:y:2017:i:2:p:211-239 is not listed on IDEAS
- Esref Kaan Aslan & Halil Zaim, 2014. "Effects of M&A Integration Strategies on Organizational Performance: With Human Resource Management View," European Journal of Economic and Political Studies, Fatih University, vol. 7(2), pages 1-20.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:24:y:2011:i:2:p:439-472. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.