Shareholder-Manager Conflict and the Information Content of Dividends
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malcolm Baker & Brock Mendel & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2016.
"Dividends as Reference Points: A Behavioral Signaling Approach,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 29(3), pages 697-738.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2012. "Dividends as Reference Points: A Behavioral Signaling Approach," NBER Working Papers 18242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankfurter, George M. & Wood, Bob Jr., 2002. "Dividend policy theories and their empirical tests," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 111-138.
- Chen, Chung & Wu, Chunchi, 1999. "The dynamics of dividends, earnings and prices: evidence and implications for dividend smoothing and signaling," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 29-58, January.
- Larry H. P. Lang & Mara Faccio & Leslie Young, 2001. "Dividends and Expropriation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 54-78, March.
- Jeong, Jinho, 2013. "Determinants of dividend smoothing in emerging market: The case of Korea," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 76-88.
- Karpavičius, Sigitas, 2014. "Dividends: Relevance, rigidity, and signaling," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 289-312.
- Roni Michaely & Stefano Rossi & Michael Weber, 2017.
"The Information Content of Dividends: Safer Profits, Not Higher Profits,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6751, CESifo Group Munich.
- Roni Michaely & Stefano Rossi & Michael Weber, 2018. "The Information Content of Dividends: Safer Profits, Not Higher Profits," NBER Working Papers 24237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ahmad Ahmadpour & Mahmoud yahyazadefar & Babak Garmroudi, 2006. "The Influence of Agency Costs on Dividend Policy in an Emerging Market: “Evidence from the Tehran Stock Exchange”," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 11(1), pages 59-80, winter.
- David, Thomas & Ginglinger, Edith, 2016.
"When cutting dividends is not bad news: The case of optional stock dividends,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 174-191.
- Thomas David & Edith Ginglinger, 2015. "When Cutting Dividends Is Not Bad News: The Case Of Optional Stock Dividends," Post-Print hal-01637541, HAL.
- Thomas David & Edith Ginglinger, 2016. "When cutting dividends is not bad news: The case of optional stock dividends," Post-Print hal-01356060, HAL.
- Jian Wang, 2004. "Which currency to set price? A model of multiple countries and risk averse firm," International Finance 0410004, EconWPA.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Skinner, Douglas J., 1996. "Reversal of fortune Dividend signaling and the disappearance of sustained earnings growth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 341-371, March.
- Breuer, Wolfgang & Rieger, M. Oliver & Soypak, K. Can, 2014. "The behavioral foundations of corporate dividend policy a cross-country analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 247-265.
- Henkel, Sam James & Martin, J. Spencer & Nardari, Federico, 2011. "Time-varying short-horizon predictability," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(3), pages 560-580, March.
- Brennan, Michael J & Thakor, Anjan V, 1990. " Shareholder Preferences and Dividend Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 993-1018, September.
- Cyert, Richard & Kang, Sok-Hyon & Kumar, Praveen, 1996. "Managerial objectives and firm dividend policy: A behavioral theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 157-174, November.
- Gugler, Klaus, 2003. "Corporate governance, dividend payout policy, and the interrelation between dividends, R&D, and capital investment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1297-1321, July.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Douglas, Alan & Robertson, Fiona, 2005.
"Testing dividend signaling models,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 77-98, January.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Robertson, Fiona J., 1993. "Testing Dividend Signalling Models," Working Papers 828, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dan Bernhardt & J. Fiona Robertson & Ray Farrow, 1994. "Testing Dividend Signalling Models," Working Papers 895, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Jumming Hsu & Xu-Ming Wang & Chunchi Wu, 1998. "The Role of Earnings Information in Corporate Dividend Decisions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-2), pages 173-191, December.
- Araujo, Aloisio & Moreira, Humberto & Tsuchida, Marcos, 2011. "Do dividend changes signal future earnings?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 117-134, January.
- Javakhadze, David & Ferris, Stephen P. & Sen, Nilanjan, 2014. "An international analysis of dividend smoothing," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 200-220.
- John, Kose & Knyazeva, Anzhela & Knyazeva, Diana, 2011. "Does geography matter? Firm location and corporate payout policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 533-551, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rfinst:v:1:y:1988:i:2:p:111-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfsssea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .