The Role of Venture Capital Syndication in Value Creation for Entrepreneurial Firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huberman, Gur, 2001. "Familiarity Breeds Investment," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 659-680.
- Blume, Marshall E & Friend, Irwin, 1975. "The Asset Structure of Individual Portfolios and Some Implications for Utility Functions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 585-603, May.
- Cohn, Richard A, et al, 1975. "Individual Investor Risk Aversion and Investment Portfolio Composition," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 605-620, May.
- John Heaton & Deborah Lucas, 2000. "Portfolio Choice and Asset Prices: The Importance of Entrepreneurial Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1163-1198, June.
- Merton, Robert C, 1987.
" A Simple Model of Capital Market Equilibrium with Incomplete Information,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 483-510, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1987. "A simple model of capital market equilibrium with incomplete information," Working papers 1869-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Perraudin, William R. M. & Sorensen, Bent E., 2000. "The demand for risky assets: Sample selection and household portfolios," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 117-144, July.
- De Bondt, Werner F. M., 1998. "A portrait of the individual investor," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 831-844, May.
- R. S. Uhler & J. G. Cragg, 1971. "The Structure of the Asset Portfolios of Households," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 341-357.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Obrimah, Oghenovo A. & Prakash, Puneet, 2010. "Performance reversals and attitudes towards risk in the venture capital (VC) market," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(6), pages 537-561, November.
- Das, Sanjiv R. & Jo, Hoje & Kim, Yongtae, 2011. "Polishing diamonds in the rough: The sources of syndicated venture performance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 199-230, April.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Suchard, Jo-Ann, 2013. "Foreign VCs and venture success: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 16-35.
- Tykvová, Tereza & Borell, Mariela, 2012.
"Do private equity owners increase risk of financial distress and bankruptcy?,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 138-150.
- Tykvová, Tereza & Borell, Mariela, 2011. "Do private equity owners increase risk of financial distress and bankruptcy?," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-076, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Diego Escobari & Alejandro Serrano, 2016.
"Reducing asymmetric information in venture capital backed IPOs,"
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(6), pages 553-568, June.
- Escobari, Diego & Serrano, Alejandro, 2015. "Reducing Asymmetric Information in Venture Capital Backed IPOs," MPRA Paper 68140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Escobari, Diego & Serrano, Alejandro, 2015. "Reducing Asymmetric Information in Venture Capital Backed IPOs," EconStor Preprints 123498, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Maxin, Hannes, 2017.
"Corporate Venture Capital and the Nature of Innovation,"
Hannover Economic Papers (HEP)
dp-603, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Maxin, Hannes, 2017. "Corporate Venture Capital and the Nature of Innovation," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168199, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Monika Dhochak & Anil Kumar Sharma, 2016. "Using interpretive structural modeling in venture capitalists’ decision-making process," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 43(1), pages 53-65, March.
- Vithanage, Kulunu & Neupane, Suman & Chung, Richard, 2016. "Multiple lead underwriting syndicate and IPO pricing," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 193-208.
- MIYAKAWA Daisuke & TAKIZAWA Miho, 2013. "Time to IPO: Role of heterogeneous venture capital," Discussion papers 13022, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Tian, Xuan, 2011. "The causes and consequences of venture capital stage financing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 132-159, July.
- Massimo G. Colombo & Douglas Cumming & Ali Mohammadi & Cristina Rossi-Lamastra & Anu Wadhwa, 2016.
"Open business models and venture capital finance,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 353-370.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Cumming, Douglas & Mohammadi, Ali & Rossi-Lamastra , Cristina & Wadhwa , Anu, 2014. "Open Business Models And Venture Capital Finance," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 347, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Bertoni, Fabio & Tykvová, Tereza, 2013. "Which form of venture capital is most supportive of innovation? Evidence from European biotechnology companies," FZID Discussion Papers 69-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Khavul, Susanna & Deeds, David, 2016. "The Evolution of Initial Co-investment Syndications in an Emerging Venture Capital Market," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 280-293.
- Annalisa Croce & Diego D’Adda & Elisa Ughetto, 2015. "Venture capital financing and the financial distress risk of portfolio firms: How independent and bank-affiliated investors differ," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 189-206, January.
- Asif Siddiqui & Dora Marinova & Amzad Hossain, 2016. "Impact of Venture Capital Investment Syndication on Enterprise Lifecycle and Success," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(5), pages 75-85, May.
- Annalisa Croce & José Martí, 2017. "Financial constraints in family firms and the role of venture capital," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(1), pages 119-144, March.
- Broughman, Brian J. & Fried, Jesse M., 2012. "Do VCs use inside rounds to dilute founders? Some evidence from Silicon Valley," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1104-1120.
- Hong, Suting, 2013. "Competition, syndication, and entry in the venture capital market," Working Papers 13-49, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Annalisa Croce & Luca Grilli & Samuele Murtinu, 2014. "Venture capital enters academia: an analysis of university-managed funds," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(5), pages 688-715, October.
- Wang, Pengfei, 2017. "Syndication and Foreignness: Venture Capital Investments in Emerging and Developed Markets," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-15.
- Bertoni, Fabio & Tykvová, Tereza, 2012. "Which form of venture capital is most supportive of innovation?," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Paul Gompers & Vladimir Mukharlyamov & Yuhai Xuan, 2012. "The Cost of Friendship," NBER Working Papers 18141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revfin:v:16:y:2011:i:1:p:245-283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eufaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.