Food Prices, Quality, and Quality's Pricing in Supermarkets versus Traditional Markets in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bart Minten & Thomas Reardon, 2008. "Food Prices, Quality, and Quality's Pricing in Supermarkets versus Traditional Markets in Developing Countries," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 480-490.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dalton, Timothy J., 2004. "A household hedonic model of rice traits: economic values from farmers in West Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 149-159, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schipmann, Christin & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Modern food retailers and traditional markets in developing countries: Comparing quality, prices, and competition strategies in Thailand," Discussion Papers 108348, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Sinha, Piyush Kumar & Gokhale, Srikant & Thomas, Sujo, 2012. "Development of Modern Retailing in India: It’s Impacts on Distribution and Procurement Networks and Changing Consumption Pattern," IIMA Working Papers WP2012-12-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Minten, Bart & Murshid, K.A.S. & Reardon, Thomas, 2013.
"Food Quality Changes and Implications: Evidence from the Rice Value Chain of Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 100-113.
- Minten, Bart & Murshid, K.A.S. & Reardon, Thomas, 2012. "Food quality changes and implications: Evidence from the rice value chain of Bangladesh," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125280, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Danielle Resnick & David Tschirley & Thomas Reardon & Michael Dolislager & Jason Snyder, 2015.
"The Rise of a Middle Class in East and Southern Africa: Implications for Food System Transformation,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(5), pages 628-646, July.
- Tschirley, David & Reardon, Thomas & Dolislager, Michael & Snyder, Jason, 2014. "The rise of a middle class in East and Southern Africa: Implications for food system transformation," WIDER Working Paper Series 119, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Linking urban consumers and rural farmers in India: A comparison of traditional and modern food supply chains," IFPRI discussion papers 883, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Madhavan-Nambiar, Padmanand & Florkowski, Wojciech & Chinnan, Manjeet & Ressurrecion, Anna, 2015. "Shopping outlet choice and frequency in urban areas of the Republic of Uganda," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196821, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Gaddis,Isis, 2016. "Prices for poverty analysis in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7652, The World Bank.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0062-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Minten, Bart & Reardon, Thomas & Sutradhar, Rajib, 2010. "Food Prices and Modern Retail: The Case of Delhi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1775-1787, December.
- Chen, Lijun & Parcell, Joe L & Chen, Chao & James, Harvey S. Jr & Xu, Danning, 2016. "Consumer preference for supermarket food sampling in China," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236043, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revage:v:30:y:2008:i:3:p:480-490. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .