Stability of Farm Income and the Role of Nonfarm Income in U.S. Agriculture
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:rfa:aefjnl:v:5:y:2018:i:2:p:49-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Moss, Charles B., 2013. "Modeling the effect of off-farm income on farmland values: A quantile regression approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 361-368.
- Richard Nehring & Jorge Fernandez-Cornejo & David Banker, 2005. "Off-farm labour and the structure of US agriculture: the case of corn/soybean farms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(6), pages 633-649.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Dedah, Cheikhna O., 2008. "Farmland Values, Government Payments, and the Overall Risk to U.S. Agriculture: A Structural Equation-Latent Variable Model," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6569, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S. & Johnson, James D., 2004. "Succession In Family Farm Business: Empirical Evidence From The U.S. Farm Sector," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20114, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ashok Mishra & Barry Goodwin, 2006. "Revenue insurance purchase decisions of farmers," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 149-159.
- Seidu, Ayuba & Onel, Gulcan & Moss, Charles B. & Seale, James L., 2016. "Do Off-farm Work and Remittances affect Food Consumption Patterns? Evidence from Albania," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235851, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Simone Severini & Giuliano Di Tommaso & Hovhannes Harutyunyan & Antonella Tantari, 2016. "Price and Yield As Sources of Variability of Farm Revenues in Transition Economies: The Case of Armenia," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 157-167, November.
- O'Donoghue, Erik J. & Key, Nigel D. & Roberts, Michael J., 2005. "Does risk matter for farm businesses? The effect of crop insurance on production and diversification," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19397, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:bla:jageco:v:68:y:2017:i:2:p:471-493 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bignebat, Céline & Bosc, Pierre-Marie & Perrier-Cornet, Philippe, 2016. "Exploring structural transformation: a labour-based analysis of the evolution of French agricultural holdings 2000-2010," 160th Seminar, December 1-2, 2016, Warsaw, Poland 249790, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Keeney, Roman, 2015. "A new index measure and its use for describing US agriculture: Some initial findings and suggestions for monitoring and reporting," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196822, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Severini, Simone & Tantari, Antonella & Di Tommaso, Giuliano, 2016. "The instability of farm income. Empirical evidences on aggregation bias and heterogeneity among farm groups," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), vol. 5(1), April.
- Pandit, Mahesh & Paudel, Krishna P. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2013. "Do Agricultural Subsidies Affect the Labor Allocation Decision? Comparing Parametric and Semiparametric Methods," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), April.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & El-Osta, Hisham S., 2002. "Risk Management Through Enterprise Diversification: A Farm-Level Analysis," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19711, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Aditya R. Khanal & Ashok K. Mishra, 2014. "Agritourism and off-farm work: survival strategies for small farms," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(S1), pages 65-76, November.
- Chang, Yang-Ming & Huang, Biing-Wen & Chen, Yun-Ju, 2012. "Labor supply, income, and welfare of the farm household," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 427-437.
- Severini, Simone & Tantari, Antonella, 2014. "The contribution of different off-farm income sources and government payments to regional income inequality among farm households in Italy," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 2, August.
- Regmi, Madhav & Featherstone, Allen M., 2017. "Farm Households Consumption Heterogeneity And Rural Business Dynamics," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252755, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Mishra, Ashok K. & Paudel, Krishna P., 2008. "Policy Reform and Off-farm Labor Supply by Operators in the Delta Region: A," 2008 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2008, Dallas, Texas 6725, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Paul Allanson & Kalina Kasprzyk & Andrew P. Barnes, 2017.
"Income Mobility and Income Inequality in Scottish Agriculture,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 471-493, June.
- Paul Allanson & Kalina Kasprzyk & Andrew P. Barnes, 2015. "Income mobility and income inequality in Scottish agriculture," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 290, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Ashok K. Mishra & J. Mathew Fannin & Hyunjeong Joo, 2014. "Off-Farm Work, Intensity of Government Payments, and Farm Exits: Evidence from a National Survey in the United States," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 62(2), pages 283-306, June.
- Streeter, Deborah H. & Bills, Nelson L., 2003. "Value-Added Ag-Based Economic Development: A Panacea or False Promise? Part One of a Two-Part Companion Series: What is Value-Added and How Do We Study It?," Working Papers 127189, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Brian C. Briggeman & Maria M. Akers, 2010. "The credit advantage of farm and rural small business ownership," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(3), pages 353-364, November.
- Key, Nigel & Prager, Daniel & Burns, Christopher, 2015. "Household Income Volatility in U.S. Farm Households," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205407, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revage:v:24:y:2002:i:1:p:208-221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.