The Self-Regulating Profession
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stange, Kevin, 2014.
"How does provider supply and regulation influence health care markets? Evidence from nurse practitioners and physician assistants,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-27.
- Kevin M. Stange, 2013. "How Does Provider Supply and Regulation Influence Health Care Market? Evidence from Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants," NBER Working Papers 19172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Evans, R. & Guinnane, T.W., 2006. "Reputational Externality and Self-Regulation," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0628, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mario Pagliero, 2019. "Occupational Licensing in the EU: Protecting Consumers or Limiting Competition?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 55(1), pages 137-153, August.
- Potts, Jason & Kastelle, Tim, 2017. "Economics of innovation in Australian agricultural economics and policy," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 96-104.
- Pagliero, Mario, 2013.
"The impact of potential labor supply on licensing exam difficulty,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 141-152.
- Mario Pagliero, 2007. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 53, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2013.
- Adriana Kugler & Robert Sauer, 2002.
"Doctors without borders: The returns to an occupational license for Soviet immigrant physicians in Israel,"
Economics Working Papers
648, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Kugler, Adriana D. & Sauer, Robert M, 2003. "Doctors without Borders: The Returns to an Occupational License for Soviet Immigrant Physicians in Israel," CEPR Discussion Papers 3683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kugler, Adriana & Sauer, Robert M., 2002. "Doctors Without Borders: The Returns to an Occupational License for Soviet Immigrant Physicians in Israel," IZA Discussion Papers 634, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Maroun, Warren & Solomon, Jill, 2014. "Whistle-blowing by external auditors: Seeking legitimacy for the South African Audit Profession?," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 109-121.
- Kolesnik, Georgiy, 2015. "Modelling "race to the bottom" effect on the self-regulated markets," MPRA Paper 64138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Atkeson & Christian Hellwig & Guillermo Ordoñez, 2015.
"Optimal Regulation in the Presence of Reputation Concerns,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 130(1), pages 415-464.
- Guillermo Ordonez & Andrew Atkeson, 2009. "Optimal Regulation in the Presence of Reputation Concerns," 2009 Meeting Papers 830, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Atkeson, Andrew & Hellwig, Christian & Ordoñez, Guillermo, 2014. "Optimal Regulation in the Presence of Reputation Concerns," CEPR Discussion Papers 10080, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew Atkeson & Christian Hellwig & Guillermo L. Ordonez, 2012. "Optimal regulation in the presence of reputation concerns," Staff Report 464, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Andrew Atkeson & Christian Hellwig & Guillermo Ordonez, 2012. "Optimal Regulation in the Presence of Reputation Concerns," NBER Working Papers 17898, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Jullien, Bruno, 2007. "The Market for Lawyers: The Value of Information on the Quality of Legal Services," IDEI Working Papers 485, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Simon Ashby & Swee-Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann, 2004.
"Industry Self-Regulation: A Game-Theoretic Typology of Strategic Voluntary Compliance,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 91-106.
- Simon Ashby & Swee Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann, 2003. "Industry Self-Regulation: A Game-Theoretic Typology of Strategic Voluntary Compliance," Occasional Papers 2, Nottingham University Business School.
- Simon Ashby & Swee Hoon Chuah & Robert Hoffmann, 2003. "Industry Self-Regulation: A Game-Theoretic Typology of Strategic Voluntary Compliance," Occasional Papers 3, Industrial Economics Division.
- Bendikov, Mikhail & Kolesnik, Georgiy, 2013. "Конкуренция Саморегулируемых Организаций И Эффективность Рынков [Self-regulatory organizations competition and the market efficiency]," MPRA Paper 47812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank H. Stephen, 2013. "Lawyers, Markets and Regulation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14803.
- Grajzl, Peter & Murrell, Peter, 2007.
"Allocating lawmaking powers: Self-regulation vs government regulation,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 520-545, September.
- Peter Grajzl & Peter Murrell, 2005. "Allocating Law-Making Powers: Self-Regulation vs. Government Regulation," Electronic Working Papers 05-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Niels Philipsen, 2011. "Professional Licensing and Self-regulation in Europe and China: A Law and Economics Perspective," Chapters, in: Michael Faure & Xinzhu Zhang (ed.),Competition Policy and Regulation, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- O’Regan, Philip & Killian, Sheila, 2014. "‘Professionals who understand’: Expertise, public interest and societal risk governance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 615-631.
- Rick Harbaugh & John W. Maxwell & Beatrice Roussillon, 2011. "Label Confusion: The Groucho Effect of Uncertain Standards," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(9), pages 1512-1527, February.
- van Zijl, Wayne & Maroun, Warren, 2017. "Discipline and punish: Exploring the application of IFRS 10 and IFRS 12," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 42-58.
- Silvester Van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2013. "Self-regulating organizations under the shadow of governmental oversight: An experimental investigation," Discussion Papers 2013-13, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Silvester Van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2016.
"Self-Regulatory Organizations under the Shadow of Governmental Oversight: An Experimental Investigation,"
Research in Experimental Economics, in: Sebastian J. Goerg & John R. Hamman (ed.),Experiments in Organizational Economics, volume 19, pages 85-104,
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Silvester Van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2014. "Self-Regulatory Organizations under the Shadow of Governmental Oversight: An Experimental Investigation," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/114, European University Institute.
- Silvester Van Koten & Andreas Ortmann, 2014. "Self-Regulatory Organizations Under the Shadow Of Governmental Oversight: An Experimental Investigation," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp519, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Andreas Ortmann, 2014. "Self-Regulatory Organizations under the Shadow of Governmental Oversight: An Experimental Investigation," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0412, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Mario Pagliero, 2007.
"The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty in the US Market for Lawyers,"
CHILD Working Papers
wp19_08, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Mario Pagliero, 2011. "The Impact of Potential Labor Supply on Licensing Exam Difficulty in the US Market for Lawyers," Working papers 18, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino, revised May 2013.
- Silvester Van Koten, 2015. "Self-Regulatory Organizations Under the Shadow of Governmental Oversight: Blossom Or Perish?," RSCAS Working Papers 2015/84, European University Institute.
- Crespi John M. & Marette Stephan, 2009. "Quality, Sunk Costs and Competition," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-36, August.
- Niels J. Philipsen, 2013. "Regulation of Pharmacists: A Comparative Law and Economics Analysis," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(2), pages 225-241, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:restud:v:48:y:1981:i:2:p:217-234.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.