Euthanizing the Value of a Statistical Life
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fouquet, Roger, 2011. "Long run trends in energy-related external costs," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2380-2389.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & DeShazo, J.R., 2013. "Demand for health risk reductions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 87-109.
- Kochi, Ikuho & Taylor, Laura O., 2011.
"Risk Heterogeneity and the Value of Reducing Fatal Risks: Further Market-Based Evidence,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 1-28, August.
- Kochi Ikuho & Taylor Laura O, 2011. "Risk Heterogeneity and the Value of Reducing Fatal Risks: Further Market-Based Evidence," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3), pages 1-28, August.
- Maureen Cropper & James K. Hammitt & Lisa A. Robinson, 2011.
"Valuing Mortality Risk Reductions: Progress and Challenges,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 313-336, October.
- Cropper, Maureen & Hammitt, James & Robinson, Lisa, 2011. "Valuing Mortality Risk Reductions:Progress and Challenges," LERNA Working Papers 11.11.345, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Maureen L. Cropper & James K. Hammitt & Lisa A. Robinson, 2011. "Valuing Mortality Risk Reductions: Progress and Challenges," NBER Working Papers 16971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cropper, Maureen & Hammitt, James K. & Robinson, Lisa A., 2011. "Valuing Mortality Risk Reductions: Progress and Challenges," Discussion Papers dp-11-10, Resources For the Future.
- Bert Wee & Piet Rietveld, 2013. "Using value of statistical life for the ex ante evaluation of transport policy options: a discussion based on ethical theory," Transportation, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 295-314, February.
- John C. Whitehead & O. Ashton Morgan & William L. Huth & Gregory S. Martin & Richard Sjolander, 2012. "Willingness-to-Pay for Oyster Consumption Mortality Risk Reductions," Working Papers 12-07, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Louise B Russell, 2014. "Do We Really Value Identified Lives More Highly Than Statistical Lives?," Departmental Working Papers 201413, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Courard-Hauri David & Lauer Stephen A., 2012. "Taking "All Men Are Created Equal" Seriously: Toward a Metric for the Intergroup Comparison of Utility Functions Through Life Values," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-30, August.
- Jonathan M. Lee & Laura O. Taylor, 2014. "Randomized Safety Inspections And Risk Exposure On The Job: Quasi-Experimental Estimates Of The Value Of A Statistical Life," Working Papers 14-05, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Doucouliagos, Hristos & Stanley, T. D. & Giles, Margaret, 2011. "Are estimates of the value of a statistical life exaggerated?," Economics Series eco_2011_2, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf, 2014. "Retrospectives: The Cold-War Origins of the Value of Statistical Life," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 213-226, Fall.
- Scotton Carol R., 2013. "New risk rates, inter-industry differentials and the magnitude of VSL estimates," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 39-80, March.
- Doucouliagos, Chris & Stanley, T.D. & Giles, Margaret, 2012.
"Are estimates of the value of a statistical life exaggerated?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 197-206.
- Doucouliagos, Hristos & Stanley, T. D. & Giles, Margaret, 2011. "Are estimates of the value of a statistical life exaggerated?," Working Papers eco_2011_2, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Gerking, Shelby & Dickie, Mark & Veronesi, Marcella, 2014.
"Valuation of human health: An integrated model of willingness to pay for mortality and morbidity risk reductions,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 20-45.
- Shelby Gerking & Mark Dickie & Marcella Veronesi, 2012. "Valuation of Human Health: An Integrated Model of Willingness to Pay for Mortality and Morbidity Risk Reductions," NCEE Working Paper Series 201207, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Oct 2012.
- Trudy Cameron & J. DeShazo & Peter Stiffler, 2010. "Demand for health risk reductions: A cross-national comparison between the U.S. and Canada," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 245-273, December.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:67:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0033-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wiktor L. (Vic) Adamowicz, 2016. "Economic Analysis and Species at Risk: Lessons Learned and Future Challenges," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(1), pages 21-32, March.
- Christoph M. Rheinberger & Nicolas Treich, 2017. "Attitudes Toward Catastrophe," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 67(3), pages 609-636, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:renvpo:v:4:y:2010:i:2:p:161-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aereeea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .