Time-Separable Preferences and Intertemporal-Substitution Models of Business Cycles
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert J. Barro & Robert G. King, 1982. "Time-Separable Preference and Intertemporal-Substitution Models of Business Cycles," NBER Working Papers 0888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grossman, Herschel I, 1973. "Aggregate Demand, Job Search, and Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(6), pages 1353-1369, Nov.-Dec..
- Long, John B, Jr & Plosser, Charles I, 1983. "Real Business Cycles," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 39-69, February.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- McKenzie, Lionel W., 1979. "Optimal Economic Growth and Turnpike Theorems," Working Papers 267, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Froyen, Richard T & Waud, Roger N, 1988. "Real Business Cycles and the Lucas Paradigm," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 183-201, April.
- Louis Phaneuf & Jang-Ok Cho, 1992.
"A Business Cycle Model with Nominal Wage Contracts and Government,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
6, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal, revised Jan 1993.
- Jang-Ok Cho & Louis Phaneuf, 1993. "A business cycle model with nominal wage contracts and government," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 80, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Charles I. Plosser, 1989.
"Money and business cycles: a real business cycle interpretation,"
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Plosser, C.I., 1989. "Money And Business Cycles A Real Business Cycle Interpretation," RCER Working Papers 210, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Charles I. Plosser, 1990. "Money and Business Cycles: A Real Business Cycle Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 3221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romain Plassard, 2019. "From Disequilibrium to Equilibrium Macroeconomics: Barro and Grossman's Trade-off between Rigor and Realism," GREDEG Working Papers 2019-17, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), Université Côte d'Azur, France.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1990. "Inflation: Theory and evidence," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 18, pages 963-1012, Elsevier.
- Michael Dotsey & Robert G. King, 1988. "Rational expectations business cycle models: a survey," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 74(Mar), pages 3-15.
- Florence Contré & Ian Goldin, 1991. "L'agriculture en période d'ajustement au Brésil," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 32(126), pages 271-302.
- Chan Guk Huh & Bharat Trehan, 1991. "Real business cycles: a selective survey," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr, pages 3-17.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 1987. "Recent developments in modeling financial intermediation," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 11(Sum), pages 19-29.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1988. "Real Business Cycle Models," NBER Working Papers 2480, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mester Ioana, 2012. "Stylized Facts Of Romanian Business Cycle. The Literature (I)," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 624-629, July.
- Anelí Bongers & José L. Torres & Jesús Rodríguez, 2010. "Caracterización del ciclo económico en Andalucía 1980 - 2008," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2010/08, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Bennet T. McCallum, 1984. "A Linearized Version of Lucas's Neutrality Model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(1), pages 138-145, February.
- Mulder, C.B., 1986. "Testing Korteweg's rational expectations model for a small open economy," Research Memorandum FEW 222, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Grossman, Herschel I., 1983.
"The natural-rate hypothesis, the rational-expectations hypothesis, and the remarkable survival of non-market-clearing assumptions,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 225-245, January.
- Herschel I. Grossman, 1982. "The Natural-Rate Hypothesis, the Rational-Expectations Hypothesis, and the Remarkable Survival of Non-Market-Clearing Assumptions," NBER Working Papers 1010, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mankiw, N Gregory, 1989. "Real Business Cycles: A New Keynesian Perspective," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 79-90, Summer.
- Alejandro Rodríguez Arana, 2014. "The relationship between the variance of inflation and the variance of output under different types of monetary policy," Working Papers 0814, Universidad Iberoamericana, Department of Economics.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Miller, Marcus, 1980. "Monetary Policy And International Competitiveness," Economic Research Papers 269135, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- María Ángeles Caraballo & Carlos Dabús., 2008. "The Determinants of Relative Price Variability: Further Evidence from Argentina," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 45(132), pages 235-255.
- Nicholas APERGIS, 1996. "The Cyclical Behavior Of Prices: Evidence From Seven Developing Countries," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 34(2), pages 204-211, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:qjecon:v:99:y:1984:i:4:p:817-839.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.