Time Inconsistency of Protectionist Programs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael P. Leidy, 1994. "TRADE POLICY AND INDIRECT RENT SEEKING: A SYNTHESIS OF RECENT WORK -super-†," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 97-118, July.
- Mitsuhiro Kaneda, 2000. "Warranted Skepticism: A Dynamic Model of Infant Industry Protection," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1668, Econometric Society.
- Breitscheidel, Jörg, 2005. "Hold-up Problems with Respect to R&D Investment and Licensing in Environmental Regulation," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-86, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Crowley, Meredith A., 2006.
"Do safeguard tariffs and antidumping duties open or close technology gaps?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 469-484, March.
- Meredith A. Crowley, 2002. "Do safeguard tariffs and antidumping duties open or close technology gaps?," Working Paper Series WP-02-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Amihai Glazer & Stef Proost, 2012. "Informational Benefits of International Treaties," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(2), pages 185-202, October.
- Levy, Santiago & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1992.
"Transition problems in economic reform : agriculture in the Mexico - U.S. free trade agreement,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
967, The World Bank.
- Levy, Santiago & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 1992. "Transition Problems in Economic Reform: Agriculture in the Mexico-US Free Trade Agreement," CEPR Discussion Papers 624, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Federico Sturzenegger, 1995. "Bolivia: From Stabilization to What?," NBER Chapters,in: Reform, Recovery, and Growth: Latin America and the Middle East, pages 239-288 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaneda, Mitsuhiro, 2003. "Policy designs in a dynamic model of infant industry protection," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 91-115, October.
- Campos, Jose Edgardo & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 2000. "Credible Commitment and Success with Public Enterprise Reform," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 221-243, February.
- Mitra, Devashish, 2002. "Endogenous political organization and the value of trade agreements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 473-485, August.
- Amihai Glazer & Stef Proost, 2008. "Signaling Commitment by Excessive Spending," Working Papers 070811, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Jaewoo Lee & Michelle R. Garfinkel, 2000. "Political Influence and the Dynamic Consistency of Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(3), pages 649-666, June.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Lapan, Harvey E., 2002.
"Time consistent export quotas in an oligopolistic world market,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 445-463, March.
- Gervais, Jean-Philippe & Lapan, Harvey E., 2002. "Time Consistent Export Quotas in an Oligopolistic World Market," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5186, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Miravete, Eugenio J., 2003.
"Time-consistent protection with learning by doing,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(5), pages 761-790, October.
- Miravete, E.J., 1997. "Time-Consistent Protection With Learning by Doing," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 395.97, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Miravete, Eugenio J, 2001. "Time-Consistent Protection with Learning by Doing," CEPR Discussion Papers 2937, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joerg Breitscheidel & Hans Gersbach, 2005. "Self-Financing Environmental Mechanisms," CESifo Working Paper Series 1528, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wilfred J. Ethier & Arye L. Hillman, 2017. "The Politics of International Trade," CESifo Working Paper Series 6456, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mattoo, Aaditya, 1998. "Financial services and the WTO: Liberalization in the developing and transition economies," WTO Staff Working Papers TISD-98-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Karp, Larry & Paul, Thierry, 1998. "Labor adjustment and gradual reform: when is commitment important?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 333-362, December.
- Tanapong Potipiti, 2012. "Import tariffs and export subsidies in the World Trade Organization: A small-country approach," Working Papers 11912, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- Aurora Gómez Galvarriato & César L. Guerrero-Luchtenberg, 2005. "Impatience, International Competitiveness, and Political," DEGIT Conference Papers c010_015, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Maggi, Giovanni, 2014. "International Trade Agreements," Handbook of International Economics, Elsevier.
- Hillman, Arye L. & Ursprung, Heinrich W., 1996. "The political economy of trade liberalization in the transition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 783-794, April.
- Greetje Everaert, 2003. "Technology Adoption under Price Undertakings," LICOS Discussion Papers 13703, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Breitscheidel, Jörg, 2005. "Self-financing Tax/Subsidy Mechanisms in Environmental Regulation with Many Firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-87, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Glazer, Amihai & Rothenberg, Lawrence S., 1999. "Increased capacity may exacerbate rationing problems: with applications to medical care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 669-678, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:qjecon:v:106:y:1991:i:3:p:963-974.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.