Human Capital Theory and UK Vocational Training Policy
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1990.
"Tax harmonization and tax competition in Europe,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2-3), pages 489-504, May.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1990. "Tax Harmonization and Tax Competition in Europe," NBER Working Papers 3248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1990. "Tax harmonization and tax competition in Europe," Munich Reprints in Economics 19846, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
478, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1991. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," NBER Working Papers 3579, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt40m5g6pp, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "Is Europe an Optimum Currency Area?," Economics Working Papers 90-151, University of California at Berkeley.
- Robert Ford & Pierre Poret, 1991. "Infrastructure and Private-Sector Productivity," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 91, OECD Publishing.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Razin, A. & Sadka, E., 1991. "International Fiscal Policy Coordination and Competition," Papers 3-91, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Olson, Mancur, Jr, 1969. "The Principle of "Fiscal Equivalence": The Division of Responsibilities among Different Levels of Government," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 479-487, May.
- Klepper, Gernot, 1990. "Entry into the market for large transport aircraft," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 775-798, June.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1988. "Economic competition among jurisdictions: efficiency enhancing or distortion inducing?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 333-354, April.
- Herbert Giersch, 1989. "Anmerkungen zum weltwirtschaftlichen denkansatz," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 125(1), pages 1-16, March.
- Soltwedel, Rüdiger, 1987. "Wettbewerb zwischen Regionen statt zentral koordinierter Regionalpolitik," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1338, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1991. "International Fiscal Policy Coordination and Competition: An Exposition," NBER Working Papers 3779, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tobey, James A, 1990. "The Effects of Domestic Environmental Policies on Patterns of World Trade: An Empirical Test," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 191-209.
- Siebert, Horst & Koop, Michael J., 1990. "Institutional competition: a concept for Europe?," Kiel Working Papers 440, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sinn, Stefan, 1990. "The taming of Leviathan: Competition among governments," Kiel Working Papers 433, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duncan McVicar & Cain Polidano, 2015.
"If You Get What You Want, Do You Get What You Need? Course Choice and Achievement Effects of a Vocational Education and Training Voucher Scheme,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2015n06, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Duncan McVicar & Cain Polidano, 2015. "If You Get What You Want, Do You Get What You Need? Course Choice and Achievement Effects of a Vocational Education and Training Voucher Scheme," Economics Working Papers 15-01, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
- Samuel Muehlemann & Paul Ryan & Stefan C. Wolter, 2013.
"Monopsony Power, Pay Structure, and Training,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 66(5), pages 1097-1114, October.
- Mühlemann, Samuel & Ryan, Paul & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011. "Monopsony Power, Pay Structure and Training," IZA Discussion Papers 5587, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Samuel Muehlemann & Paul Ryan & Stefan C. Wolter, 2011. "Monopsony power, pay structure and training," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0099, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- William Collier & Francis Green & Young-Bae Kim & John Peirson, 2011.
"Education, Training and Economic Performance: Evidence from Establishment Survival Data,"
Journal of Labor Research,
Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 336-361, December.
- William Collier & Francis Green & Young-Bae Kim & John Peirson, 2008. "Education, Training and Economic Performance: Evidence from Establishment Survival Data," Studies in Economics 0822, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Ryan, Paul & Wagner, Karin & Teuber, Silvia & Backes-Gellner, Uschi, 2011. "Financial aspects of apprenticeship training in Germany, Great Britain an Switzerland / Finanzielle Aspekte der betrieblichen Ausbildung in Deutschland, Großbritannien und der Schweiz," Arbeitspapiere 241, Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Düsseldorf.
- Paul Ryan & Uschi Backes-Gellner & Silvia Teuber & Karin Wagner, 2012. "Apprentice pay in Britain, Germany and Switzerland: institutions, market forces, market power," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0075, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Bornemann, Stefan, 2005. "Spillovers in Vocational Training," Discussion Papers in Economics 693, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Konstantinos Angelopoulos & Andrea Benecchi & Jim Malley, 2017. "Can Subsidising Job-Related Training Reduce Inequality?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6605, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yanick Labrie & Claude Montmarquette, 2005. "La formation qualifiante et transférable en milieu de travail," CIRANO Project Reports 2005rp-04, CIRANO.
- Inge Sieben, 2007. "Does training trigger turnover - or not?," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 21(3), pages 397-416, September.
- Guidetti, Giovanni & Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2007. "Firm-level training in local economic systems: Complementarities in production and firm innovation strategies," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 875-894, December.
- Konstantinos Angelopoulos & Andrea Benecchi & James Malley, 2017. "Can subsidising job-related training reduce inequality?," Working Papers 2017_10, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Holger Görg & Eric Strobl, 2006.
"Do Government Subsidies Stimulate Training Expenditure? Microeconometric Evidence from Plant-Level Data,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 860-876, April.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2005. "Do Government Subsidies Stimulate Training Expenditure? Microeconometric Evidence from Plant Level Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1606, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Berthold Norbert & Stettes Oliver, 2001. "Die betriebliche Mitbestimmung in Deutschland – eine richtige Reform in die falsche Richtung," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 52(1), pages 15-36, January.
- Andrew Sharpe & James Gibson, 2005. "The Apprenticeship System in Canada: Trends and Issues," CSLS Research Reports 2005-04, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Giuseppe Croce, 2005. "A model of training policies in an imperfectly competitive labour market," Working Papers 90, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Cusin, Giuseppe, 2007. "General training and oligopsony," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 113-121, September.
- Giorgio Brunello & Maria De Paola, 2004. "Market Failures and the Under-Provision of Training," CESifo Working Paper Series 1286, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:oxford:v:15:y:1999:i:1:p:16-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/oxrep .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .