Judicial Independence in a Civil Law Regime: The Evidence from Japan
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lambert-Mogiliansky, Ariane & Sonin, Konstantin & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2007.
"Are Russian commercial courts biased? Evidence from a bankruptcy law transplant,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 254-277, June.
- Ariane Lambert-Mogiliansky & Konstantin Sonin & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "Are Russian Commercial Courts Biased? Evidence from a Bankruptcy Law Transplant," Post-Print halshs-00754226, HAL.
- Ariane Lambert-Mogiliansky & Konstantin Sonin & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "Are Russian Commercial Courts Biased? Evidence from a Bankruptcy Law Transplant," Working Papers w0099, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Pablo T. Spiller, 2003.
"The Institutional Foundations of Public Policy: A Transactions Approach with Application to Argentina,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(2), pages 281-306, October.
- Mariano Tommasi & Pablo T. Spiller, 2000. "The Institutional Foundations of Public Policy: A Transactions Approach with Application to Argentina," Working Papers 29, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised May 2000.
- Pablo T Spiller & Rafael Gely, 2007. "Strategic Judicial Decision Making," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000001409, David K. Levine.
- J. Mark Ramseyer & Eric B. Rasmusen, 2001. "When are Judges and Bureaucrats Left Independent? Theory and History from Imperial Japan, Postwar Japan, and the United States," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-126, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Daniel L. Rubinfeld, 2004. "Empirical Study of the Civil Justice System," NBER Working Papers 10825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melcarne Alessandro & Ramello Giovanni B., 2015.
"Judicial Independence, Judges’ Incentives and Efficiency,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 149-169, July.
- Alessandro Melcarne & Giovanni Battista Ramello, 2015. "Judicial Independence, Judges’ Incentives and Efficiency," Post-Print hal-01386058, HAL.
- Melcarne, Alessandro & Ramello, Giovanni B., 2015. "Judicial Independence, Judges’ Incentives and Efficiency," IEL Working Papers 19, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Tom Ginsburg, 2002. "Comparative Administrative Procedure: Evidence from Northeast Asia," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 247-264, September.
- Hiroko Okudaira, 2009. "The Economic Costs of Court Decisions Concerning Dismissals in Japan: Identification by Judge Transfers," ISER Discussion Paper 0733r, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University, revised Sep 2015.
- Padovano, Fabio & Fiorino, Nadia, 2012.
"Strategic delegation and “judicial couples” in the Italian Constitutional Court,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 215-223.
- Fabio Padovano & Nadia Fiorino, 2011. "Strategic delegation and "judicial couples" in the Italian Constitutional Court," Post-Print halshs-00661513, HAL.
- Martin Schneider, 2002. "Judicial Lawmaking in a Civil Law System: Evidence from German Labor Courts of Appeal," IAAEG Discussion Papers until 2011 200202, Institute of Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Union (IAAEU).
- Andrei Shleifer & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Rafael La Porta, 2008.
"The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 285-332, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2007. "The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins," NBER Working Papers 13608, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008. "The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins," Scholarly Articles 2962610, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Pushkar Maitra & Russell Smyth, 2004. "Judicial Independence, Judicial Promotion and the Enforcement of Legislative Wealth Transfers—An Empirical Study of the New Zealand High Court," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 209-235, March.
- Dimitrova-Grajzl Valentina & Grajzl Peter & Zajc Katarina & Sustersic Janez, 2012. "Judicial Incentives and Performance at Lower Courts: Evidence from Slovenian Judge-Level Data," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 215-252, August.
- Fiorino, Nadia & Gavoille, Nicolas & Padovano, Fabio, 2015.
"Rewarding judicial independence: Evidence from the Italian Constitutional Court,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 56-66.
- Nadia FIORINO & Nicolas GAVOILLE & Fabio PADOVANO, 2014. "Rewarding Judicial Independance: Evidence from the Italian Constitutional court," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2014-06-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Nadia Fiorino & Nicolas Gavoille & Fabio Padovano, 2015. "Rewarding judicial independence: Evidence from the Italian Constitutional Court," Post-Print halshs-01183207, HAL.
- repec:kap:ejlwec:v:44:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10657-017-9565-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carney, Richard, 2004. "Economic Backwardness in Security Perspective," MPRA Paper 3279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pablo T. Spiller & Sanny Liao, 2006. "Buy, Lobby or Sue: Interest Groups' Participation in Policy Making - A Selective Survey," NBER Working Papers 12209, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brooks, Robert & Davidson, Sinclair & Faff, Robert, 2003. "Sudden changes in property rights: the case of Australian native title," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 427-442, December.
- Lars P. Feld & Stefan Voigt, 2004. "Making Judges Independent â€“ Some Proposals Regarding the Judiciary," CESifo Working Paper Series 1260, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hadfield, Gillian K., 2008. "The levers of legal design: Institutional determinants of the quality of law," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 43-73, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jleorg:v:13:y:1997:i:2:p:259-86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/jleo .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .