'Proactive fast-tracking' diffusion of supermarkets in developing countries: implications for market institutions and trade
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK|
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.co.uk/journals|
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Supatpongkul, Pajaree, 2009. "Investigating Thai Shopping Behaviour: Wet-Markets, Supermarkets and Food Quality," 83rd Annual Conference, March 30-April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland 51054, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Mathew Joseph & Nirupama Soundararajan & Manisha Gupta & Sanghamitra Sahu, 2008. "Impact of Organized Retailing on the Unorganized Sector," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22167, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- H.H. Chang & C. van Marrewijk & R. Stringer & W. Umberger, 2013. "Investment, awareness, supermarkets, and profits: heterogeneous chili farmers in Indonesia," Working Papers 13-13, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Mergenthaler, Marcus & Weinberger, Katinka & Qaim, Matin, 2009. "The food system transformation in developing countries: A disaggregate demand analysis for fruits and vegetables in Vietnam," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 426-436, October.
- Angela Cheptea, 2014.
"Do multinational retailers affect the export competitveness of host countries?,"
IAW Discussion Papers
106, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Angela Cheptea, 2014. "Do multinational retailers affect the export competitiveness of host countries?," Post-Print hal-01209065, HAL.
- Gomez, Miguel I. & Rao, Vithala R. & Yuan, Hong, 2009. "A Market Experiment on Trade Promotion Budget and Allocation," Working Papers 55928, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Wertheim-Heck, Sigrid C.O. & Vellema, Sietze & Spaargaren, Gert, 2015. "Food safety and urban food markets in Vietnam: The need for flexible and customized retail modernization policies," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 95-106.
- Grzegorz Karasiewicz & Mariusz Trojanowski, 2016. "Internationalization of the Grocery Retail Market in Poland (Internacjonalizacja handlu detalicznego produktow spozywczych w Polsce)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 14(57), pages 19-41.
- David Burch & Jane Dixon & Geoffrey Lawrence, 2013. "Introduction to symposium on the changing role of supermarkets in global supply chains: from seedling to supermarket: agri-food supply chains in transition," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(2), pages 215-224, June.
- Gagalyuk, Taras, 2012. "Goal achievement in supply chain networks: A study of the Ukrainian agri-food business," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Central and Eastern Europe, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 64, number 64, December.
- ITOH Ryo & NAKAJIMA Kentaro, 2014. "Impact of Supply Chain Network Structure on FDI: Theory and evidence," Discussion papers 14027, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Itoh, Ryo & Nakajima, Kentaro, 2016. "Impact of supply chain network structure on FDI: Theory and evidence," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 49, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Romero, Cristina & Wollni, Meike, 2015. "Supplier dynamics in horticultural export chains – Evidence from Ecuador. Revised version," Discussion Papers 209961, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Francis Ziba & Mwanda Phiri, 2017. "The expansion of regional supermarket chains: Implications for local suppliers in Zambia," WIDER Working Paper Series 058, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cédric Durand, 2007. "Pourquoi les distributeurs échouent ou réussissent à l'étranger ?," CEPN Working Papers hal-00165653, HAL.
- Gómez, Miguel I. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Raney, Terri & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Meerman, Janice & Croppenstedt, André & Carisma, Brian & Thompson, Brian, 2013. "Post-green revolution food systems and the triple burden of malnutrition," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 129-138.
- Taras Gagalyuk & Jon Henrich Hanf, 2012. "Impact of Retail Internationalization on Agribusiness: the Case of Ukraine," Accounting and Finance, Institute of Accounting and Finance, issue 4, pages 93-101, December.
- Reardon, Thomas & Gulati, Ashok, 2008. "The rise of supermarkets and their development implications: International experience relevant for India," IFPRI discussion papers 752, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mathew Joseph & Nirupama Soundararajan & Manisha Gupta & Sanghamitra Sahu, "undated". "Impact of Organized Retailing on the Unorganized Sector," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 222, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Nir Kshetri & Ralf Bebenroth, 2011. "Sources of Global Heterogeneity in Retail Spending," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-03, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Gorton, Matthew & Sauer, Johannes & Supatpongkul, Pajaree, 2011. "Wet Markets, Supermarkets and the "Big Middle" for Food Retailing in Developing Countries: Evidence from Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1624-1637, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jecgeo:v:7:y:2007:i:4:p:399-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed