Everyone's a 'winner': problematising the discourse of regional competitiveness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilles Duranton & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2005. "When economists and geographers collide, or the tale of the lions and the butterflies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(10), pages 1695-1705, October.
- Henderson, J V, 1974. "The Sizes and Types of Cities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(4), pages 640-656, September.
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995.
"Globalization and the Inequality of Nations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 857-880.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J, 1994. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 1015, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," Working Paper Series 430, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," NBER Working Papers 5098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gabaix, Xavier & Ioannides, Yannis M., 2004.
"The evolution of city size distributions,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 53, pages 2341-2378
- Xavier Gabaix & Yannis M. Ioannides, 2003. "The Evolution of City Size Distributions," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0310, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Martin, Philippe & I.P. Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 1999.
"Growing locations: Industry location in a model of endogenous growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 281-302, February.
- Martin, Philippe & Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 1996. "Growing Locations: Industry Location in a Model of Endogenous Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1523, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ron Boschma & Ron Martin, 2007. "Editorial: Constructing an evolutionary economic geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(5), pages 537-548, September.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Krugman, Paul & Mori, Tomoya, 1999. "On the evolution of hierarchical urban systems1," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 209-251, February.
- Duncan Black & Vernon Henderson, 1999. "A Theory of Urban Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(2), pages 252-284, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Cornelli, 2017. "The role of culture in urban contexts," IRCrES Working Paper 201703, Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY - former Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- repec:oup:renvpo:v:11:y:2017:i:2:p:183-206. is not listed on IDEAS
- Marinov, Eduard, 2014.
"Конкурентоспособност На Черноморските Региони На Ес
[Competitiveness of EU Black Sea Regions]," MPRA Paper 65111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vasileios Angelis & Athanasios Angelis-Dimakis & Katerina Dimaki, 2014. "Identifying Clusters of Regions in the European South, based on their Economic, Social and Environmental Characteristics," ERSA conference papers ersa14p647, European Regional Science Association.
- von Wissel, Carsten, 2012. "Wissenschaftliche Kreativität," Arbeitspapiere 251, Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Düsseldorf.
- Stefano Mollica & Giovanna Hirsch, 2012. "Urban competitiveness in Italy: a benchmarking and benchlearning approach to support local government decisions," Chapters,in: European Cities and Global Competitiveness, chapter 4, pages 59-76 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hoekman & Frenken, 2013. "Proximity and Stratification in European Scientific Research Collaboration Networks: A Policy Perspective," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 13-04, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Nov 2013.
- Salmon, Keith, 2008. "New Directions in European Regional Policy and their Implications for Spain," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 12, pages 147-177.
- Marinov, Eduard, 2014.
"Конкурентоспособност На Българските Региони - Мястото На България В Ес
[Competitiveness of Bulgarian Regions - Bulgaria's place in the EU]," MPRA Paper 68272, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Essletzbichler Jürgen, 2012. "Generalized Darwinism, group selection and evolutionary economic geography," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 56(1-2), pages 129-146, October.
- VASILIS ANGELIS & Athanasios Angelis-Dimakis & Katerina Dimaki, 2012. "The Role Of Environment In A Regionâ€™S Sustainable Development As Described By A Butterfly Catastrophe," ERSA conference papers ersa12p1157, European Regional Science Association.
- H.S. Geyer, 2011. "Creativity, Wellbeing and Urban Sustainability: Areas in Which the North and the South Can Learn from Each Other," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Urban Policy, Volume 3, chapter 12 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wouter Jacobs & Hans R. A. Koster & Frank van Oort, 2014.
"Co-agglomeration of knowledge-intensive business services and multinational enterprises,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 443-475.
- Wouter Jacobs & Hans R.A. Koster & Frank van Oort, 2012. "Co-agglomeration of Knowledge-Intensive Business Services and Multinational Enterprises," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1225, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Dec 2012.
- Dula Borozan, 2008. "Regional Competitiveness: Some Conceptual Issues and Policy Implications," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 4, pages 50-63, May.
- Mulatu, Abay, 2016. "On the concept of 'competitiveness' and its usefulness for policy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 50-62.
- Angelis, Vasilis & Angelis-Dimakis, Athanasios & Dimaki, Katerina, 2016. "Identifying Clusters of Regions in the European South, based on their Economic, Social and Environmental Characteristics," REGION, European Regional Science Association, vol. 3, pages 71-102.
- Martijn J. Burger & Bert van der Knaap & Ronald S. Wall, 2013.
"Revealed competition for greenfield investments between European regions,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 619-648, July.
- Martijn J. Burger & Bert van der Knaap & Ronald S. Wall, 2012. "Revealed Competition for Greenfield Investments between European Regions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-063/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lela Tijanic & Alka Obadic, 2015. "Regional Competitiveness Of The European Union," Economy of eastern Croatia yesterday, today, tommorow, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 4, pages 768-777.
- Robert Huggins & Hiro Izushi & Daniel Prokop & Piers Thompson, 2014. "Regional competitiveness, economic growth and stages of development," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 32(2), pages 255-283.
- repec:eee:touman:v:35:y:2013:i:c:p:222-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Berger & Gillian Bristow, 2009. "Competitiveness and the Benchmarking of Nations—A Critical Reflection," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 15(4), pages 378-392, November.
- Nuno Crespo & Nádia Simões & José Duarte, 2013. "Competition in tourism arrivals – A multidimensional index of geographical structural similarity," Working Papers Series 2 13-05, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- Toni Ahlqvist, 2014. "Building Innovation Excellence of World Class: The Cluster as an Instrument of Spatial Governance in the European Union," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5), pages 1712-1731, September.
- H. S. Geyer (ed.), 2011. "International Handbook of Urban Policy, Volume 3," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12831, April.
- Anna Golejewska, 2012. "Human capital and regional growth perspective," Working Papers of Economics of European Integration Division 1204, The Univeristy of Gdansk, Faculty of Economics, Economics of European Integration Division.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jecgeo:v:5:y:2005:i:3:p:285-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.