Why Children Aren't Attending School: The Case of Northwestern Tanzania
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seshie-Nasser, Hellen A. & Oduro, Abena D., 2016. "Delayed primary school enrolment among boys and girls in Ghana," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 107-114.
- Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Sahoo, Soham, 2016.
"Does access to secondary education affect primary schooling? Evidence from India,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 124-142.
- Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay & Soham Sahoo, 2012. "Does Access to Secondary Education Affect Primary Schooling? Evidence from India," Working Papers id:5044, eSocialSciences.
- Mukhopadhyay, Abhiroop & Sahoo, Soham, 2012. "Does Access to Secondary Education Affect Primary Schooling? Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 6507, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sudha Narayanan & Sowmya Dhanraj, 2013.
"Child Work and Schooling in Rural North India: What do Time Use Data Say about Tradeoffs and Drivers of Human Capital Investment?,"
- Sudha Narayanan & Sowmya Dhanraj, 2013. "Child work and schooling in rural north India: What do time use data say about tradeoffs and drivers of human capital investment?," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2013-023, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sudha Narayanan & Sowmya Dhanaraj, 2017. "Child Work and Schooling in Rural North India What Does Time Use Data Say About Tradeoffs and Drivers of Human Capital Investment?," Working Papers 2017-157, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Florence Kondylis & Marco Manacorda, 2012.
"School Proximity and Child Labor: Evidence from Rural Tanzania,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(1), pages 32-63.
- Florence Kondylis & Marco Manacorda, 2010. "School Proximity and Child Labor Evidence from Rurul Tanzania," CEP Discussion Papers dp1035, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Kondylis, Florence & Manacorda, Marco, 2010. "School Proximity and Child Labor: Evidence from Rural Tanzania," CEPR Discussion Papers 7890, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ismayilova, Leyla & Ssewamala, Fred & Mooers, Elizabeth & Nabunya, Proscovia & Sheshadri, Srividya, 2012. "Imagining the future: Community perceptions of a family-based economic empowerment intervention for AIDS-orphaned adolescents in Uganda," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 2042-2051.
- Rodriguez Takeuchi Laura, 2015. "Intra-Household Inequalities in Child Rights and Well-Being: A Barrier to Progress?," WIDER Working Paper Series 012, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nerman, Måns & Owens, Trudy, 2010. "The Push Towards UPE and the Determinants of the Demand for Education in Tanzania," Working Papers in Economics 472, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 13 Mar 2012.
- Rodríguez, Laura, 2016. "Intrahousehold Inequalities in Child Rights and Well-Being. A Barrier to Progress?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 111-134.
- Deon Filmer, 2007.
"If you build it, will they come? School availability and school enrolment in 21 poor countries,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 901-928.
- Filmer, Deon, 2004. "If you build it, will they come? School availability and school enrollment in 21 poor countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3340, The World Bank.
- Kahyarara, Godius & Teal, Francis, 2008.
"The Returns to Vocational Training and Academic Education: Evidence from Tanzania,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2223-2242, November.
- Godius Kahyarara & Francis Teal, 2008. "The returns to vocational training and academic education: Evidence from Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 2008-07, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Hilson, Gavin, 2012. "Family Hardship and Cultural Values: Child Labor in Malian Small-Scale Gold Mining Communities," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1663-1674.
- Marito Garcia & Jean Fares, 2008. "Youth in Africa's Labor Market," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6578.
- Smith, W. James, 2011. "Tanzania - Poverty, growth, and public transfers : options for a national productive safety net program," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 91575, The World Bank.
- David Dreyer Lassen & Helene Bie Lilleør, 2008. "Informal Institutions and Intergenerational Contracts: Evidence from Schooling and Remittances in Rural Tanzania," CAM Working Papers 2008-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Dehejia, Rajeev H. & Beegle, Kathleen & Gatti, Roberta, 2003. "Child labor, income shocks, and access to credit," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3075, The World Bank.
- Francis Teal & Godius Kahyarara, 2008. "The returns to vocational training and academic education: Evidence from Tanzania," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2008-07, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Beegle, Kathleen & Dehejia, Rajeev H. & Gatti, Roberta, 2006. "Child labor and agricultural shocks," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 80-96, October.
- Goensch, Iris, 2013. "Does the availability of secondary schools increase primary schooling? Empirical evidence from northern Senegal," Discussion Papers 63, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jafrec:v:13:y:2004:i:2:p:333-355. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .