How Low Can You Go? Combining Census and Survey Data for Mapping Poverty in South Africa
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enamorado, Ted & López-Calva, Luis F. & Rodríguez-Castelán, Carlos & Winkler, Hernán, 2016.
"Income inequality and violent crime: Evidence from Mexico's drug war,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 128-143.
- Enamorado, Ted & Lopez-Calva , Luis-Felipe & Rodriguez-Castelan, Carlos & Winkler, Hernan, 2014. "Income inequality and violent crime : evidence from Mexico's drug war," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6935, The World Bank.
- Ted Enamorado & Luis-Felipe López-Calva & Carlos Rodríguez-Castelán & Hernán Winkler, 2015. "Income Inequality and Violent Crime: Evidence from Mexico’s Drug War," HiCN Working Papers 196, Households in Conflict Network.
- Ted Enamorado & Luis Felipe López-Calva & Carlos Rodríguez-Castelán & Hernán Winkler, 2015. "Income Inequality and Violent Crime: Evidence from Mexico's Drug War," Working Paper Series Sobre México 2015003, Sobre México. Temas en economía.
- Elbers, Chris & Lanjouw, Jean O. & Lanjouw, Peter, 2002. "Micro-level estimation of welfare," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2911, The World Bank.
- Jesse Naidoo, 2009. "Finite-Sample Bias and Inconsistency in the Estimation of Poverty Maps," SALDRU Working Papers 36, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Gabriel Demombynes & Chris Elbers & Jean O. Lanjouw & Peter Lanjouw & Johan A. Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2002. "Producing an Improved Geographic Profile of Poverty: Methodology and Evidence from Three Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-39, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- David Stifel & Luc Christiaensen, 2007.
"Tracking Poverty Over Time in the Absence of Comparable Consumption Data,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 317-341, June.
- Stifel, David & Christiaensen, Luc, 2006. "Tracking poverty over time in the absence of comparable consumption data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3810, The World Bank.
- Selomane, Odirilwe & Reyers, Belinda & Biggs, Reinette & Tallis, Heather & Polasky, Stephen, 2015. "Towards integrated social–ecological sustainability indicators: Exploring the contribution and gaps in existing global data," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 140-146.
- Deon Filmer & Kinnon Scott, 2012. "Assessing Asset Indices," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(1), pages 359-392, February.
- Simler, Kenneth R., 2006.
"Nutrition mapping in Tanzania: an exploratory analysis,"
FCND discussion papers
204, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Simler, Kenneth R., 2006. "Nutrition mapping in Tanzania: an exploratory analysis," FCND briefs 204, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Healy, Andrew J. & Jitsuchon, Somchai, 2007. "Finding the poor in Thailand," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 739-759, October.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2004. "Isolation and Subjective Welfare," Economics Series Working Papers 216, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Emwanu, Thomas & Hoogeveen, Johannes G. & Okiira Okwi, Paul, 2006. "Updating Poverty Maps with Panel Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2076-2088, December.
- Michael Noble & Helen Barnes & Gemma Wright & Benjamin Roberts, 2010. "Small Area Indices of Multiple Deprivation in South Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 281-297, January.
- Cathal O'Donoghue & Karyn Morrissey & John Lennon, 2014. "Spatial Microsimulation Modelling: a Review of Applications and Methodological Choices," International Journal of Microsimulation, International Microsimulation Association, vol. 7(1), pages 26-75.
- Permanyer, Iñaki, 2013. "Using Census Data to Explore the Spatial Distribution of Human Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 1-13.
- Enamorado, Ted & López-Calva, Luis F. & Rodríguez-Castelán, Carlos, 2014.
"Crime and growth convergence: Evidence from Mexico,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 9-13.
- Enamorado, Ted & Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Rodriguez-Castelan, Carlos, 2013. "Crime and growth convergence : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6730, The World Bank.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2004. "Commune-Level Estimation of Poverty Measures and its Application in Cambodia," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-48, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Simler, Kenneth R. & Nhate, Virgulino, 2005.
"Poverty, inequality, and geographic targeting: evidence from small-area estimates in Mozambique,"
192, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Simler, Kenneth R. & Nhate, Virgulino, 2005. "Poverty, inequality, and geographic targeting: Evidence from Small-Area Estimates in Mozambique," FCND discussion papers 192, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Beatrice Lorge Rogers & Kathy Macías & Parke Wilde, "undated". "Atlas of Hunger and Malnutrition in the Dominican Republic," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 9602, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, revised 01 Apr 2007.
- Steven Stern, 2011. "Estimating Local Prevalence of Mental Health Problems," Virginia Economics Online Papers 396, University of Virginia, Department of Economics.
- Carlo Azzarri & Elizabeth Cross, 2016. "Improved Spatially Disaggregated Livestock Measures for Uganda," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 46(1), pages 37-73, Winter.
- Stephen Haslett & Jarkko Isotalo & Yonghui Liu & Simo Puntanen, 2014. "Equalities between OLSE, BLUE and BLUP in the linear model," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 543-561, May.
- World Bank, 2013. "Nepal : Small Area Estimation of Poverty, 2011," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16569, The World Bank.
- Fernanda Marquez-Padilla & Francisco Perez-Arce & Carlos Rodriguez-Castelan, 2015.
"The (Non-) Effect of Violence on Education Evidence from the "War on Drugs" in Mexico,"
WR-1082, RAND Corporation.
- Márquez-Padilla,Fernanda & Pérez-Arce,Francisco & Rodriguez Castelan,Carlos, 2015. "The (non-) effect of violence on education : evidence from the"war on drugs"in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7230, The World Bank.
- Graw, Valerie & Husmann, Christine Ladenburger, 2012. "Mapping Marginality Hotspots – Geographical Targeting for Poverty Reduction," Working Papers 147917, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jafrec:v:11:y:2002:i:2:p:169-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/csaoxuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.