The strategies of Chinese and Indian software multinationals: implications for internationalization theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koen Frenken & Ron A. Boschma, 2007.
"A theoretical framework for evolutionary economic geography: industrial dynamics and urban growth as a branching process,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 7(5), pages 635-649, September.
- Koen Frenken & Ron A. Boschma, 2007. "A theoretical framework for Evolutionary Economic Geography: Industrial dynamics and urban growth as a branching process," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0701, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2007.
- Allen J. Scott, 1997. "The Cultural Economy of Cities," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 323-339, June.
- Ron A. Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2006.
"Why is economic geography not an evolutionary science? Towards an evolutionary economic geography,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 273-302, June.
- Ron A. Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2005. "Why is economic geography not an evolutionary science? Towards an evolutionary economic geography," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0501, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2005.
- Ron A. Boschma & Rik Wenting, 2004. "The spatial evolution of the British automobile industry," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0504, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Aug 2004.
- Leo van Wissen, 2004. "A Spatial Interpretation of the Density Dependence Model in Industrial Demography," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(3_4), pages 253-264, April.
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Klepper, Steven, 1997. "Industry Life Cycles," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 145-181.
- Geroski, P A, 2001.
"Exploring the Niche Overlaps between Organizational Ecology and Industrial Economics,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 507-540, June.
- Geroski, Paul A, 2000. "Exploring the Niche Overlaps Between Organizational Ecology and Industrial Economics," CEPR Discussion Papers 2649, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klepper, Steven & Simons, Kenneth L, 1997. "Technological Extinctions of Industrial Firms: An Inquiry into Their Nature and Causes," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 379-460, March.
- Robert Hassink, 2005. "How to unlock regional economies from path dependency? From learning region to learning cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 521-535, June.
- Merlo, Elisabetta & Polese, Francesca, 2006. "Turning Fashion into Business: The Emergence of Milan as an International Fashion Hub," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 80(03), pages 415-447, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dohse, Dirk & Hassink, Robert & Klaerding, Claudia, 2012. "Emerging multinationals, international knowledge flows and economic geography: A research agenda," Kiel Working Papers 1776, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Sidhu, Jatinder S. & Volberda, Henk W., 2011. "Coordination of globally distributed teams: A co-evolution perspective on offshoring," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 278-290, June.
- Manish Popli & Ashutosh Sinha, 2014. "Determinants of early movers in cross-border merger and acquisition wave in an emerging market: A study of Indian firms," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 1075-1099, December.
- Suma Athreye & Sandeep Kapur, 2015. "Capital and Technology Flows: changing technology-acquisition strategies in developing countries," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1511, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Monica Plechero & Cristina Chaminade, 2016.
"The role of regional sectoral specialisation on the geography of innovation networks: a comparison between firms located in regions in developed and emerging economies,"
International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(2), pages 148-171.
- Plechero, Monica & Chaminade , Cristina, 2015. "The role of regional sectoral specialization on the geography of innovation networks: a comparison between firms located in regions in developed and emerging economies," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/29, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- repec:spr:scient:v:91:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0653-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Keen & Yuanyuan Wu, 2011. "An ambidextrous learning model for the internationalization of firms from emerging economies," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 316-339, December.
- Tschang, F. Ted, 2011. "A Comparison of the Industrialization Paths for Asian Services Outsourcing Industries, and Implications for Poverty Alleviation," ADBI Working Papers 313, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Cusmano, Lucia & Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2010.
"Catching up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study of Chile, Italy, and South Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1588-1602, November.
- Lucia Cusmano & Andrea Morrison & Roberta Rabellotti, 2009. "Catching-up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study on Chile, Italy and South Africa," KITeS Working Papers 007, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Mar 2009.
- Cusmano, Lucia & Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2009. "Catching-Up Trajectories In The Wine Sector: A Comparative Study Of Chile, Italy And South Africa," Working Papers 48299, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Valeria Gattai, 2013. "The dragon and the elephant on the way to Italy," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(4), pages 63-87.
- Lahiri, Somnath & Kedia, Ben L., 2011. "Co-evolution of institutional and organizational factors in explaining offshore outsourcing," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 252-263, June.
- Jorge Niosi, 2010. "Building National and Regional Innovation Systems," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14006.
- Gaur, Ajai S. & Kumar, Vikas & Singh, Deeksha, 2014. "Institutions, resources, and internationalization of emerging economy firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 12-20.
- Raman, Revti & Chadee, Doren & Roxas, Banjo & Michailova, Snejina, 2013. "Effects of Partnership Quality, Talent Management, and Global Mindset on Performance of Offshore IT Service Providers in India," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 333-346.
- F Ted Tschang, 2011. "A Comparison of the Industrialization Paths for Asian Services Outsourcing Industries, and Implications for Poverty Alleviation," Working Papers id:4537, eSocialSciences.
- Valeria, Gattai & Rajssa, Mechelli & Piergiovanna, Natale, 2016. "FDI and Heterogeneous Firms: Evidence from BRIC Countries," Working Papers 322, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 18 Jan 2016.
- Casson, Mark & Porter, Lynda & Wadeson, Nigel, 2016. "Internalization theory: An unfinished agenda," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1223-1234.
- Manning, Stephan, 2013. "New Silicon Valleys or a new species? Commoditization of knowledge work and the rise of knowledge services clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 379-390.
- Ping Lv & Monica Plechero & Rakesh Basant, 2013.
"International competitive strategy choices: comparing firms in China and India,"
Asia Pacific Business Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 542-558, October.
- Ping Lv & Monica Plechero & Basant, Rakesh & Xie-Lin Liu, 2012. "International Competitive Strategy Choices: Comparing Firms in China and India," IIMA Working Papers WP2012-01-05, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- repec:eee:intman:v:23:y:2017:i:3:p:242-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buckley, Peter J. & Hashai, Niron, 2014. "The role of technological catch up and domestic market growth in the genesis of emerging country based multinationals," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 423-437.
- Stephan Manning & Silvia Massini & Carine Peeters & Arie Lewin, 2012. "Global Co-Evolution of Firm Boundaries: Process Commoditization, Capabilities Development, and Path Dependencies," Working Papers CEB 12-009, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:indcch:v:18:y:2009:i:2:p:269-294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/icc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.