Starvation and Exchange Entitlements: A General Approach and Its Application to the Great Bengal Famine
No abstract is available for this item.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 1 (1977)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Oxford University Press, Great Clarendon Street, Oxford OX2 6DP, UK|
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: https://academic.oup.com/cje
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.co.uk/journals|
- Vasco Molini & Michiel Keyzer & Bart van den Boom & Wouter Zant & Nicholas Nsowah-Nuamah, 2010. "Safety Nets and Index-Based Insurance: Historical Assessment and Semiparametric Simulation for Northern Ghana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(4), pages 671-712, 07.
- Plümper, Thomas & Neumayer, Eric, 2009.
"Famine Mortality, Rational Political Inactivity, and International Food Aid,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 50-61, January.
- Thomas Plümper & Eric Neumayer, 2007. "Famine mortality, rational political inactivity, and international food aid," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25169, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kijazi, Martin Herbert & Kant, Shashi, 2010. "Forest stakeholders' value preferences in Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 357-369, June.
- Steven Pressman & Gale Summerfield, 2000. "The Economic Contributions of Amartya Sen," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 89-113.
- Elizabeth Brainerd, 2012. "Seasonal Effects of Water Quality on Infant and Child Health in India," Working Papers id:5119, eSocialSciences.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth & Menon, Nidhiya, 2012. "Seasonal Effects of Water Quality on Infant and Child Health in India," IZA Discussion Papers 6559, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- S. Savary & S. Bregaglio & L. Willocquet & D. Gustafson & D. Mason D’Croz & A. Sparks & N. Castilla & A. Djurle & C. Allinne & Mamta Sharma & V. Rossi & L. Amorim & A. Bergamin & J. Yuen & P. Esker & , 2017. "Crop health and its global impacts on the components of food security," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(2), pages 311-327, April.
- Brainerd, Elizabeth & Menon, Nidhiya, 2014. "Seasonal effects of water quality: The hidden costs of the Green Revolution to infant and child health in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 49-64.
- Elizabeth Brainerd & Nidhiya Menon, 2013. "Seasonal Effects of Water Quality: The Hidden Costs of the Green Revolution to Infant and Child Health in India," Working Papers 64, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School.
- Tisdell, Clement A., 2006. "Effects of Markets on Poverty and Economic Inequality: Evolutionary and Ethical Perspectives," Social Economics, Policy and Development Working Papers 123543, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vivien Kana Zeumo & Alexis Tsoukiàs & Blaise Some, 2012. "A new methodology for multidimensional poverty measurement based on the capability approach," Working Papers hal-00874627, HAL.
- Zug, Sebastian, 2008. "The Impact of Agricultural Mechanisation on Poverty Alleviation in a Seasonal Environment: a project evaluation from northern Bangladesh," IEE Working Papers 188, Institut fuer Entwicklungsforschung und Entwicklungspolitik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum.
- Molini, Vasco & Keyzer, Michiel A. & van den Boom, Bart & Zant, Wouter, 2007. "Creating safety nets through semi-parametric index-based insurance: A simulation for Northern Ghana," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9263, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dravie Christophe & Mahieu Régis & Requier-Desjardins Denis, 1985. "A. K. Sen, Poverty and famines : an essay on entitlement and deprivation," Revue Tiers Monde, Programme National Persée, vol. 26(104), pages 932-943.
- Kijazi, Martin Herbert & Kant, Shashi, 2011. "Evaluation of welfare functions of environmental amenities: A case of forest biomass fuels in Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 129-139.
- Hashimzade, Nigar & Majumdar, Mukul, 2002. "Survival under Uncertainty in an Exchange Economy," Working Papers 02-12, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Wylie Bradford, 2012. "The economics of Rawlsian justice: can it be neoclassical?," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 39(8), pages 612-623, June.
- Vivian Walsh, 2000. "Smith After Sen," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 5-25.
- Richard Smith & Paula Lorgelly & Hareth Al-Janabi & Sridhar Venkatapuram & Joanna Coast, 2012. "The Capability Approach: An Alternative Evaluation Paradigm for Health Economics?," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 39 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Matthieu CLEMENT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Food Availability and Food Entitlements during the Chinese Great Leap Forward Famine: A dynamic panel data analysis (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-03, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Kana Zeumo, Vivien & Tsoukiàs, Alexis & Somé, Blaise, 2014. "A new methodology for multidimensional poverty measurement based on the capability approach," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 273-289.
- Ranadev Banerji, 1982. "Food shortage and international trade in food : Analysis of long-term trends," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 118(2), pages 338-365, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:cambje:v:1:y:1977:i:1:p:33-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed