The Effect of Fast-Food Availability on Obesity: An Analysis by Gender, Race, and Residential Location
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berning, Joshua P., 2012. "Access to Local Agriculture and Weight Outcomes," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(1), April.
- Cawley, John, 2015. "An economy of scales: A selective review of obesity's economic causes, consequences, and solutions," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 244-268.
- Dunn, Richard A. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Thomsen, Michael & Heather L. Rouse, 2014. "A Longitudinal Analysis of Fast-Food Exposure On Child Weight Outcomes: Identifying Causality Through School Transitions," Working Papers 34, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Andreas Drichoutis & Rodolfo Nayga & Heather Rouse & Michael Thomsen, 2015.
"Food environment and childhood obesity: the effect of dollar stores,"
Health Economics Review,
Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Rouse, Heather L. & Thomsen, Michael R., 2014. "Food environment and childhood obesity: The effect of dollar stores," MPRA Paper 62390, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Feb 2015.
- Drichoutis, Andreas C. & Nayga, Rodolfo M. & Rouse, Heather L. & Thomsen, Michael R., 2014. "Food environment and childhood obesity: The effect of dollar stores," MPRA Paper 55021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andreas C. Drichoutis & Rodolfo M. Nayga & Heather L. Rouse & Michael R. Thomsen, 2014. "Food environment and childhood obesity: The effect of dollar stores," Working Papers 2014-1, Agricultural University of Athens, Department Of Agricultural Economics.
- Georgia S. Papoutsi & Andreas C. Drichoutis & Rodolfo M. Nayga Jr., 2013. "The Causes Of Childhood Obesity: A Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 743-767, September.
- Thapa, Janani & Lyford, Conrad P. & Belasco, Eric J. & McCool, Barent & McCool, Audrey & Pence, Barbara & Carter, Tyra, 2013. "The Effect of a Multi-tiered Model for Reducing Obesity Risk Factors: Attitude and Behavior Change in a Rural Community," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143052, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Wehby, George L. & Courtemanche, Charles J., 2012.
"The heterogeneity of the cigarette price effect on body mass index,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 719-729.
- George Wehby & Charles J. Courtemanche, 2012. "The Heterogeneity of the Cigarette Price Effect on Body Mass Index," NBER Working Papers 18087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hunt Allcott & Rebecca Diamond & Jean-Pierre Dubé, 2017. "The Geography of Poverty and Nutrition: Food Deserts and Food Choices Across the United States," NBER Working Papers 24094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andreas Drichoutis & Rodolfo Nayga & Panagiotis Lazaridis, 2012. "Food away from home expenditures and obesity among older Europeans: are there gender differences?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 1051-1078, June.
- Dunn, Richard A. & Sharkey, Joseph R. & Horel, Scott, 2012. "The effect of fast-food availability on fast-food consumption and obesity among rural residents: An analysis by race/ethnicity," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-13.
- Dharmasena, Senarath & Bessler, David A. & Capps, Oral, 2016. "Food environment in the United States as a complex economic system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 163-175.
- Li, Xun & Lopez, Rigoberto A., 2013. "Food Environment and Weight Outcomes: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151277, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhen, Chen, 2014. "Quantifying the Effects of Food Access and Prices on Food-at-home Demand," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170511, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cotti, Chad & Tefft, Nathan, 2013. "Fast food prices, obesity, and the minimum wage," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 134-147.
- Bimbo, Francesco & Viscecchia, Rosaria & Nardone, Gianluca, 2012. "Does the alternative food supply network affect the human health?," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126060, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Karl Aiginger, 2016. "New Dynamics for Europe: Reaping the Benefits of Socio-ecological Transition. Synthesis Report Part I," WWWforEurope Deliverables series 11, WWWforEurope.
- Charles Courtemanche & Garth Heutel & Patrick McAlvanah, 2015.
"Impatience, Incentives and Obesity,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 125(582), pages 1-31, February.
- Courtemanche, Charles & McAlvanah, Patrick & Heutel, Garth, 2011. "Impatience, Incentives, and Obesity," UNCG Economics Working Papers 11-9, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics, revised 28 Sep 2011.
- Charles J. Courtemanche & Garth Heutel & Patrick McAlvanah, 2011. "Impatience, Incentives, and Obesity," NBER Working Papers 17483, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dragone, Davide & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2017. "Non-separable time preferences, novelty consumption and body weight: Theory and evidence from the East German transition to capitalism," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 41-65.
- Dragone, D. & Ziebarth, N.R., 2015.
"Non-Separable Time Preferences and Novelty Consumption: Theory and Evidence from the East German Transition to Capitalism,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
15/28, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Davide Dragone & Nicolas Ziebarth, 2016. "Non-Separable Time Preferences and Novelty Consumption: Theory and Evidence from the East German Transition to Capitalism," Working Papers 160002, Canadian Centre for Health Economics.
- Ravensbergen, Léa & Buliung, Ron & Wilson, Kathi & Faulkner, Guy, 2016. "“Socioeconomic inequalities in children's accessibility to food retailing: Examining the roles of mobility and time”," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 81-89.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Cavaliere, Alessia, 2014. "Is there a relationship between product attributes, nutrition labels and excess weight? Evidence from an Italian region," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 241-249.
- Li, Xun & Wang, Rui, 2016. "Spatial Convergence of US Obesity Rates and Its Determinants," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235617, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Li, Lan, 2012. "An Empirical Analysis of Fruit and Vegetable Consumption and Its Relationship to Adult Obesity in the U.S," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125002, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:zwi:journl:v:41:y:2012:i:1:p:57-71 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:92:y:2010:i:4:p:1149-1164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .