Volatility and Price Jumps in Agricultural Futures Prices—Evidence from Wheat Options
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2007. "What benefits are to be derived from improved farm program planning approaches? - The role of time series models and stochastic optimization," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 95(1-3), pages 11-27, December.
- Chad E. Hart & Sergio H. Lence & Dermot J. Hayes & Na Jin, 2016.
"Price Mean Reversion, Seasonality, and Options Markets,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(3), pages 707-725.
- Hart, Chad & Lence, Sergio H & Hayes, Dermot J. & Jin, Na, 2015. "Price Mean Reversion, Seasonality, and Options Markets," ISU General Staff Papers 201508170700001577, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hart, Chad & Lence, Sergio H & Hayes, Dermot J. & Jin, Na, 2015. "Price Mean Reversion, Seasonality, and Options Markets," ISU General Staff Papers 201501010800001065, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Nanying & Houston, Jack E., 2015. "The Co-movement between Non-GM and GM Soybean Price in China: Evidence from China Futures Market," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211914, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lee, Yoonsuk & Brorsen, B. Wade, 2012. "Impacts of Permanent and Transitory Shocks on Optimal Length of Moving Average to Predict Wheat Basis," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 125001, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chang, Chia-Lin & Huang, Biing-Wen & Chen, Meng-Gu & McAleer, Michael, 2011.
"Modelling the asymmetric volatility in hog prices in Taiwan: The impact of joining the WTO,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 81(7), pages 1491-1506.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer & Biing-Wen Huang & Meng-Gu Chen, 2009. "Modelling the Asymmetric Volatility in Hog Prices in Taiwan: The Impact of Joining the WTO," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 2009-14, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Biing-Wen Huang & Meng-Gu Chen & Michael McAleer, 2010. "Modelling the Asymmetric Volatility in Hog Prices in Taiwan: The Impact of Joining the WTO," Working Papers in Economics 10/39, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Biing-Wen Huang & Meng-Gu Chen & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Modelling the Asymmetric Volatility in Hog Prices in Taiwan: The Impact of Joining the WTO," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-642, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Benth, Fred Espen & Koekebakker, Steen, 2008. "Stochastic modeling of financial electricity contracts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 1116-1157, May.
- Huang, Wen & Huang, Zhuo & Matei, Marius & Wang, Tianyi, 2012. "Price Volatility Forecast for Agricultural Commodity Futures： The Role of High Frequency Data," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 83-103, December.
- Chen, Gang & Roberts, Matthew C. & Roe, Brian E., 2005. "Managing Livestock Feed Cost Risks Using Futures and Options," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19399, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Huang, Biing-Wen & Chen, Meng-Gu & Chang, Chia-Lin & McAleer, Michael, 2009. "Modelling risk in agricultural finance: Application to the poultry industry in Taiwan," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(5), pages 1472-1487.
- repec:oup:erevae:v:45:y:2018:i:1:p:121-142. is not listed on IDEAS
- Fusai, Gianluca & Marena, Marina & Roncoroni, Andrea, 2008. "Analytical pricing of discretely monitored Asian-style options: Theory and application to commodity markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2033-2045, October.
- Xiaoliang Liu & Guenther Filler & Martin Odening, 2013.
"Testing for speculative bubbles in agricultural commodity prices: a regime switching approach,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 73(1), pages 179-200, May.
- Liu, Xiaoliang & Filler, Gunther & Odening, Martin, 2012. "Testing for Speculative Bubbles in Agricultural Commodity Prices: A Regime Switching Approach," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122554, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wu, Feng & Myers, Robert J. & Guan, Zhengfei & Wang, Zhiguang, 2015. "Risk-adjusted implied volatility and its performance in forecasting realized volatility in corn futures prices," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 260-274.
- Chen, Gang & Roberts, Matthew C. & Roe, Brian E., 2005. "Empirical Performance of Alternative Option Pricing Models for Commodity Futures Options," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19183, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fred Espen Benth & Jūratė Šaltytė Benth & Steen Koekebakker, 2008. "Stochastic Modeling of Electricity and Related Markets," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 6811, October.
- Back, Janis & Prokopczuk, Marcel & Rudolf, Markus, 2013.
"Seasonality and the valuation of commodity options,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 273-290.
- Janis Back & Marcel Prokopczuk & Markus Rudolf, 2010. "Seasonality and the Valuation of Commodity Options," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2010-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Chen, Gang & Roberts, Matthew C. & Roe, Brian E., 2005. "Forecasting Livestock Feed Cost Risks Using Futures and Options," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19048, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Nanying Wang & Jack E. Houston, 2016. "The Co-Movement between Non-GM and GM Soybean Prices in China: Evidence from Dalian Futures Market (2004-2014)," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 37-47, November.
- Wang, Nanying & Houston, Jack, 2015. "The Comovement between Non-GM and GM Soybean Price in China: Evidence from Dalian Futures Market," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196775, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Roberto Andreotti Bodra & Afonso De Campos Pint, 2014. "Modelo De Volatilidade Estocástica Com Saltos Aplicado A Commodities Agrícolas," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41st Brazilian Economics Meeting] 142, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Musshoff, Oliver & Hirschauer, Norbert, 2008. "Sophisticated Program Planning Approaches Generate Large Benefits in High Risk Crop Farming," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36865, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Chang, C-L. & Huang, B-W. & Chen, M-G., 2010. "Modelling the Asymmetric Volatility in Hog Prices in Taiwan," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2010-46, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:86:y:2004:i:4:p:1018-1031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.