Markdown Pricing and Cattle Supply in the Beef Packing Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rakotoarisoa, Manitra A. & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Shapouri, Shahla & Trueblood, Michael A., 2003. "The Export Market For Differentiated Processed Agricultural Products: The Role Of Factor Prices And Fixed Costs," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21964, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Muth, Mary K. & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 1998. "A Model Of Imperfect Competition Using Marginal Input And Output Prices: Application To The Beef Packing Industry," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20853, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Weliwita, Ananda & Azzam, Azzeddine M., 1996. "Identifying Implicit Collusion Under Declining Output Demand," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(2), pages 1-12, December.
- Cai, Xiaowei & Stiegert, Kyle W. & Koontz, Stephen R., 2009. "Oligopsony Power: Evidence from the U.S. Beef Packing Industry," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49364, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Azzam, Azzeddine M., 1998. "Competition in the US meatpacking industry: is it history?," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 18(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Ronchi, Loraine, 2006. "Fairtrade and market failures in agricultural commodity markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4011, The World Bank.
- Love, H. Alan & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Williams, Gary W., 2010.
"Concentration In Beef Packing and Slaughter Cattle Pricing,"
Journal of Food Distribution Research,
Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 41(3), pages 1-17, November.
- Love, H. Alan & Capps, Oral, Jr. & Williams, Gary W., 2009. "Concentration in Beef Packing and Slaughter Cattle Pricing," Reports 90493, Texas A&M University, Agribusiness, Food, and Consumer Economics Research Center.
- Inbae Ji & Chanjin Chung & Jungmin Lee, 2017. "Measuring Oligopsony Power in the U.S. Cattle Procurement Market: Packer Concentration, Cattle Cycle, and Seasonality," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(1), pages 16-29, January.
- Ward, Clement E., 2002. "A Review of Causes for and Consequences of Economic Concentration in the U.S. Meatpacking Industry," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 3, pages 1-28, January.
- Guci, Ledia & Brown, Mark G., 2007. "Changes in the Structure of the Florida Processed Orange Industry and Potential Impacts on Competition," Research papers 36811, Florida Department of Citrus.
- Crespi, John M. & Xia, Tian & Jones, Rodney D., 2008. "Competition, Bargaining Power, and the Cattle Cycle," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6263, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dimitrios Panagiotou & Athanassios Stavrakoudis, 2017.
"A Stochastic Production Frontier Estimator of the Degree of Oligopsony Power in the U.S. Cattle Industry,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 121-133, March.
- Panagiotou, Dimitrios & Stavrakoudis, Athanassios, 2015. "A stochastic production frontier estimator of the degree of oligopsony power in the U.S. cattle industry," MPRA Paper 73525, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2016.
- Nelson, Robert G. & Turner, Steven C., 1995. "Experimental Examination Of A Thin Market: Price Behavior In A Declining Terminal Market Revisited," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 1-12, July.
- Xiaowei Cai & Kyle Stiegert & Stephen Koontz, 2011.
"Regime switching and oligopsony power: the case of U.S. beef processing,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42(1), pages 99-109, January.
- Cai, Xiaowei & Stiegert, Kyle W. & Coonz, Steven R., 2010. "Regime Switching and Oligopsony Power: The Case of U.S. Beef Processing," Working Papers 201442, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
- Love, H. Alan & Burton, Diana M., 1999. "A Strategic Rationale For Captive Supplies," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Patterson, Paul M. & van Ispelen, Pieter, 1998. "Modeling Fresh Tomato Marketing Margins: Econometrics And Neural Networks," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 1-14, October.
- Holloway, Garth J. & Hertel, Thomas W. & Han, Frank M., 1997. "Does Market Power Matter?," Working Papers 225884, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Panagiotou, Dimitrios, 2005. "Cointegration, Error Correction, And The Measurement Of Oligopsony Conduct In The U.S. Cattle Market," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19201, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:75:y:1993:i:3:p:549-558.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.