The Reaction of Live Hog Futures Prices to USDA Hogs and Pigs Reports
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berna Karali & Scott H. Irwin & Olga Isengildina‐Massa, 2020.
"Supply Fundamentals and Grain Futures Price Movements,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 102(2), pages 548-568, March.
- Karali, Berna & Isengildina Massa, Olga & Irwin, Scott H., 2018. "Does Noise in Market Expectations Dilute Price Reactions to USDA Reports?," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273973, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Adjemian, Michael K. & Johansson, Robert & McKenzie, Andrew & Thomsen, Michael, 2016. "The Value of Government Information in an Era of Declining Budgets," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235811, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Karali, Berna & Isengildina-Massa, Olga & Irwin, Scott H. & Adjemian, Michael K. & Johansson, Robert, 2019.
"Are USDA reports still news to changing crop markets?,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 66-76.
- Karali, Berna & Isengildina-Massa, Olga & Irwin, Scott H. & Adjemian, Michael K., 2016. "Changes in Informational Value and the Market Reaction to USDA Reports in the Big Data Era," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235580, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Olga Isengildina-Massa & Berna Karali & Scott H Irwin, 2017.
"Do Markets Correct for Smoothing in USDA Crop Production Forecasts? Evidence from Private Analysts and Futures Prices,"
Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 39(4), pages 559-583.
- Isengildina-Massa, Olga & Karali, Berna & Irwin, Scott H., 2016. "Market Reaction to Inefficiencies in USDA Crop Production Forecasts," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235507, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- MacDonald, Stephen & Ash, Mark & Cooke, Bryce, 2017. "The Evolution of Inefficiency in USDA’s Forecasts of U.S. and World Soybean Markets," MPRA Paper 87545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klomp, Jeroen, 2020. "The impact of Russian sanctions on the return of agricultural commodity futures in the EU," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Garcia, Philip & Irwin, Scott H. & Leuthold, Raymond M. & Yang, Li, 1997. "The value of public information in commodity futures markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 559-570, April.
- Ying, Jiahui & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2017. "A Temporal Impact Assessment Method for the Informational Content of USDA Reports in Corn and Soybean Futures Markets," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258201, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bahram Sanginabadi, 2018. "USDA Forecasts: A meta-analysis study," Papers 1801.06575, arXiv.org.
- R. Xie & O. Isengildina-Massa & G. P. Dwyer & J. L. Sharp, 2016. "The impact of public and semi-public information on cotton futures market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(36), pages 3416-3431, August.
- Valcarcel, Victor J. & Vivian, Andrew J. & Wohar, Mark E., 2017. "Predictability and underreaction in industry-level returns: Evidence from commodity markets," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(C), pages 1-15.
- Lusk, Jayson L., 2016. "From Farm Income to Food Consumption: Valuing USDA Data Products," C-FARE Reports 266593, Council on Food, Agricultural, and Resource Economics (C-FARE).
- Diersen, Matthew A., 2001. "South Dakota's Hog Market: Developments and Prospects," Economics Staff Papers 32021, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:72:y:1990:i:1:p:84-94.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.