Interstate Competition and State Lottery Revenues
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nichols, Mark W. & Tosun, Mehmet Serkan, 2017.
"The impact of legalized casino gambling on crime,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 1-15.
- Nichols, Mark W. & Tosun, Mehmet S., 2013. "The Impact of Legalized Casino Gambling on Crime," IZA Discussion Papers 7299, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mark W. Nichols & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2013. "The Impact of Legalized Casino Gambling on Crime," Working Papers 13-001, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Humphreys, Brad & Perez, Levi, 2011. "Lottery Participants and Revenues: An International Survey of Economic Research on Lotteries," Working Papers 2011-17, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Brian Knight & Nathan Schiff, 2012.
"Spatial Competition and Cross-Border Shopping: Evidence from State Lotteries,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 199-229, November.
- Brian G. Knight & Nathan Schiff, 2010. "Spatial Competition and Cross-border Shopping: Evidence from State Lotteries," NBER Working Papers 15713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas A. Garrett, 2011. "A closer look at the tax incidence of instant lottery games: an analysis by price point," Working Papers 2011-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Millán Díaz-Foncea & Carmen Marcuello, 2015. "Spatial patterns in new firm formation: are cooperatives different?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 171-187, January.
- Melissa S. Kearney, 2005. "The Economic Winners and Losers of Legalized Gambling," NBER Working Papers 11234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Skidmore, Mark & Serkan Tosun, Mehmet, 2008.
"Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties,"
Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy,
Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1), pages 1-11.
- Mark Skidmore & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2005. "Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties," Working Papers 05-06, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Mehmet Serkan Tosun & Mark Skidmore, 2005.
"Cross-Border Shopping and the Sales Tax: A Reexamination of Food Purchases in West Virginia,"
Working Paper 2005-07, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Mark Skidmore & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2005. "Cross-Border Shopping and the Sales Tax: A Reexamination of Food Purchases in West Virginia," Working Papers 05-07, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Coughlin, Cletus C., 2009.
"Inter–Temporal Differences in the Income Elasticity of Demand for Lottery Tickets,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 62(1), pages 77-99, March.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2007. "Inter-temporal differences in the income elasticity of demand for lottery tickets," Working Papers 2007-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Thomas A. Garrett, 2008. "Income and lottery sales: transfers trump income from work and wealth," Working Papers 2008-004, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Étienne Desjardins & Mélina Longpré & Francois Vaillancourt, 2012. "The Topsy-Turvy Sharing of the Gaming Tax Field in Canada, 1970-2010: Provincial Payments, Federal Withdrawal," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1228, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Leal, Andrés & López-Laborda, Julio & Rodrigo, Fernando, 2009. "Prices, taxes and automotive fuel cross-border shopping," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 225-234.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:16:y:2010:i:2:p:135-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2011. "The Economics of Lotteries: An Annotated Bibliography," Working Papers 1110, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Étienne Desjardins & Mélina Longpré & François Vaillancourt, 2012. "The topsy-turvy sharing of the gaming tax field in Canada, 1970-2010: provincial payments, federal withdrawal," CIRANO Working Papers 2012s-21, CIRANO.
- Pantuosco, Louis & Seyfried, William & Stonebraker, Robert, 2007. "The Impact of Lotteries on State Education Expenditures: Does Earmarking Matter?," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2), pages 169-185.
- Andrés Leal & Julio López-Laborda & Fernando Rodrigo, 2010. "Cross-Border Shopping: A Survey," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 16(2), pages 135-148, May.
- Ghent, Linda S. & Grant, Alan P., 2010. "The Demand for Lottery Products and Their Distributional Consequences," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 63(2), pages 253-268, June.
- Brown, Ryan P. & Rork, Jonathan C., 2005. "Copycat gaming: A spatial analysis of state lottery structure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 795-807, November.
- Andrés Leal & Julio López-Laborda & Fernando Rodrigo, 2014. "The Inside and Outside Revenue Impact of Regional Gambling Taxes in Spain," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(1), pages 79-97, March.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Natalia A. Kolesnikova, 2010. "Local price variation and the tax incidence of state lotteries," Working Papers 2010-035, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:57:y:2004:i:2:p:163-78. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sally Sztrecska). General contact details of provider: https://www.ntanet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.