Risks in the North Korean Special Economic Zone: Context, Identification, and Assessment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory Clare & Ira N. Gang, 2010. "Exchange Rate and Political Risks, Again," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 46-58, May.
- Briance Mascarenhas, 1982. "Coping With Uncertainty in International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 13(2), pages 87-98, June.
- Jeffrey D Simon, 1984. "A Theoretical Perspective on Political Risk," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 15(3), pages 123-143, September.
- Kolstad, Ivar & Villanger, Espen, 2008.
"Determinants of foreign direct investment in services,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 518-533, June.
- Ivar Kolstad & Espen Villanger, 2004. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in services," CMI Working Papers WP 2004: 2, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Marie-Claude Beaulieu & Jean-Claude Cosset & Naceur Essaddam, 2005. "The impact of political risk on the volatility of stock returns: the case of Canada," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(6), pages 701-718, November.
- Peter J Buckley & Mark C Casson, 1998. "Models of the Multinational Enterprise," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 21-44, March.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2007.
"Political risk, institutions and foreign direct investment,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 397-415, June.
- Hefeker, Carsten & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," HWWA Discussion Papers 315, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Gatignon, Hubert & Anderson, Erin, 1988. "The Multinational Corporation's Degree of Control over Foreign Subsidiaries: An Empirical Test of a Transaction Cost Explanation," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 305-336, Fall.
- Oetzel, Jennifer, 2005. "Smaller may be beautiful but is it more risky? Assessing and managing political and economic risk in Costa Rica," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 765-790, December.
- Iankova, Elena & Katz, Jan, 2003. "Strategies for political risk mediation by international firms in transition economies: the case of Bulgaria," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 182-203, August.
- Hooper, Vince & Hume, Timothy & Kim, Suk-Joong, 2008. "Sovereign rating changes--Do they provide new information for stock markets?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 142-166, June.
- Suleyman Tulug Ok, 2004. "What Drives Foreign Direct Investment into Emerging Markets? : Evidence from Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 101-114, July.
- Kabir Hassan, M. & Maroney, Neal C. & Monir El-Sady, Hassan & Telfah, Ahmad, 2003. "Country risk and stock market volatility, predictability, and diversification in the Middle East and Africa," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 63-82, March.
- Stephan Haggard & Marcus Noland, 2009. "Sanctioning North Korea: The Political Economy of Denuclearization and Proliferation," Working Paper Series WP09-4, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsforeign direct investment; North Korea; northeastern Asia; political risk; risk assessment; special economic zone;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:emfitr:v:47:y:2011:i:1:p:50-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MREE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.