Does Subordinated Debt Play a Role for Market Discipline?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Flannery, Mark J & Sorescu, Sorin M, 1996. " Evidence of Bank Market Discipline in Subordinated Debenture Yields: 1983-1991," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1347-1377, September.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Larry D. Wall, 2000. "Subordinated debt and bank capital reform," Working Paper Series WP-00-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Pop, Adrian, 2006. "Market discipline in international banking regulation: Keeping the playing field level," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 286-310, October.
- Goyal, Vidhan K., 2005. "Market discipline of bank risk: Evidence from subordinated debt contracts," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 318-350, July.
- Imai, Masami, 2007.
"The emergence of market monitoring in Japanese banks: Evidence from the subordinated debt market,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1441-1460, May.
- Masami Imai, 2006. "The Emergence of Market Monitoring in Japanese Banks: Evidence from the Subordinated Debt Market," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2006-008, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Greg Caldwell, 2005. "Subordinated Debt and Market Discipline in Canada," Staff Working Papers 05-40, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huang, Jiang-Chuan & Huang, Chin-Sheng & You, Chun-Fan, 2015. "Bank relationships and the likelihood of filing for reorganization," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 278-291.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket discipline; subordinated debt;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:emfitr:v:46:y:2010:i:1:p:27-33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MREE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.