Economic Convergence Between the CEE-8 and the European Union
This paper analyzes the real economic convergence between the new EU entrants in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE-8) and the EU core (EU-12 or EU-15). It includes new estimates on the speed of income-level convergence and new findings about the conformity of cyclical changes. The results offer further evidence of continuous progress in real economic convergence between Central and Eastern Europe and the European Union.
Volume (Year): 45 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=106044|
- Vassilis Monastiriotis & Dimitris Kallioras & George Petrakos, 2014.
"The regional impact of EU association agreements: lessons for the ENP from the CEE experience,"
Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs)
0, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Vassilis Monastiriotis & Dimitris Kallioras & George Petrakos, 2014. "The regional impact of EU association agreements: lessons for the ENP from the CEE experience," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 80, European Institute, LSE.
- Valerija Botric, 2013. "Output Convergence between Western Balkans and EU-15," Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology, vol. 5(1).
- Marek Rojíček, 2010. "Konkurenceschopnost obchodu ČR v procesu globalizace
[Competitiveness of the Trade of the Czech Republic in the Process of Globalisation]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2010(2), pages 147-165.
- Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus & Havettová, Miroslava & Lábaj, Martin, 2013. "Income convergence prospects in Europe: Assessing the role of human capital dynamics," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 493-507.
- Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus & Havettová, Miroslava & Lábaj, Martin, 2012. "Income convergence prospects in Europe: Assessing the role of human capital dynamics," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 3597, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Miroslava Havettova & Martin Labaj, 2012. "Income convergence prospects in Europe: Assessing the role of human capital dynamics," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp143, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Catherine Prettner & Klaus Prettner, 2012. "After Two Decades of Integration: How Interdependent are Eastern European Economies and the Euro Area?," EcoMod2012 4421, EcoMod.
- Prettner, Catherine & Prettner, Klaus, 2012. "After Two Decades of Integration: How Interdependent are Eastern European Economies and the Euro Area?," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 3493, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Catherine Prettner & Klaus Prettner, 2012. " After Two Decades of Integration: How Interdependent are Eastern European Economies and the Euro Area?," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp138, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Kiril Tochkov, 2013. "The Distribution Dynamics of Income in Central and Eastern Europe relative to the EU: A Nonparametric Analysis," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1063, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Keppel, Catherine & Prettner, Klaus, 2015. "How interdependent are Eastern European economies and the Euro area?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 18-31.
- Prettner, Catherine & Prettner, Klaus, 2014. "How interdependent are Eastern European economies and the Euro area?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 187, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Olcay COLAK, 2015. "Convergence Revisited: Case Of Eu And Eastern Europe," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(1), pages 69-81, June.
- Mirjana Gligoric, 2014. "Paths Of Income Convergence Between Country Pairs Within Europe," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 59(201), pages 123-156, April – J.
- Camil-George G. STOENESCU, 2015. "The Evolution Of Romania’S Trade (2002 - 2014): Highlights And Structure," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 7, pages 527-535, April.
- Ryszard Rapacki & Mariusz Próchniak, 2009. "The EU enlargement and economic growth in the CEE new member countries," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 367, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Zarembova, Andrea & Lyocsa, Stefan & Baumöhl, Eduard, 2012. "The Real Convergence of CEE Countries: A Study of Real GDP per capita," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 642-656..
- Borut Vojinović & Mariusz Próchniak, 2009. "Divergence Period in the European Convergence Process," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 15(4), pages 685-700, February.
- Jorge M. L. G. Andraz & Paulo M.M. Rodrigues, 2015. "A Reappraisal of Eurozone Countries Output Differentials," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:eaeuec:v:45:y:2007:i:1:p:59-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed