The Competitive Dynamics of Geographic Deregulation in Banking: Implications for Productive Efficiency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Evren Ors & Douglas D. Evanoff, 2008. "The Competitive Dynamics of Geographic Deregulation in Banking: Implications for Productive Efficiency," Post-Print hal-00460966, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emanuele BACCHIOCCHI & Matteo FERRARI & Massimo FLORIO & Daniela VANDONE, 2015. "State-Owned Banks: Acquirers in M&A deals," CIRIEC Working Papers 1508, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
- Sara G.Castellanos & Jesus G. Garza-Garcia, 2013. "Competition and Efficiency in the Mexican Banking Sector," Working Papers 1329, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Nicola Cetorelli, 2009. "Credit Market Competition and the Nature of Firms," Working Papers 09-07, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- George E. Halkos & Roman Matousek & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes, 2016.
"Pre-evaluating technical efficiency gains from possible mergers and acquisitions: evidence from Japanese regional banks,"
Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting,
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 47-77, January.
- George Halkos & Roman Matousek & Nickolaos Tzeremes, 2016. "Pre-evaluating technical efficiency gains from possible mergers and acquisitions: evidence from Japanese regional banks," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 47-77, January.
- Zarutskie, Rebecca, 2013. "Competition, financial innovation and commercial bank loan portfolios," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 373-396.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Donald P. Morgan & Katherine Samolyk & Amine Tarazi, 2015. "The Benefits of Geographic Diversification in Banking," Working Papers hal-01155170, HAL.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Matej Marinč, 2016.
"Should competition policy in banking be amended during crises? Lessons from the EU,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 295-324, October.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marinc, Matej, 2013. "Should competition policy in banking be amended during crises? : Lessons from the EU," Research Discussion Papers 7/2013, Bank of Finland.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2013. "Estimating the degree of operating efficiency gains from a potential bank merger and acquisition: A DEA bootstrapped approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1658-1668.
- Nicola Cetorelli, 2014. "Surviving Credit Market Competition," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 320-340, January.
- Robert DeYoung & Douglas Evanoff & Philip Molyneux, 2009. "Mergers and Acquisitions of Financial Institutions: A Review of the Post-2000 Literature," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 87-110, December.
- Meslier, Céline & Morgan, Donald P. & Samolyk, Katherine & Tarazi, Amine, 2016.
"The benefits and costs of geographic diversification in banking,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 287-317.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Donald P. Morgan & Katherine Samolyk & Amine Tarazi, 2016. "The Benefits and Costs of Geographic Diversification in Banking," Post-Print hal-01338717, HAL.
- Hans Degryse & Sanja Jakovljević & Steven Ongena, 2015. "A Review of Empirical Research on the Design and Impact of Regulation in the Banking Sector," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 423-443, December.
- Céline Meslier-Crouzille & Donald P. Morgan & Katherine Samolyk & Amine Tarazi, 2014. "The Benefits of Intrastate and Interstate Geographic Diversification in Banking," Working Papers hal-00950504, HAL.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2017. "Economies of scale, technical change and persistent and time-varying cost efficiency in Indian banking: Do ownership, regulation and heterogeneity matter?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 260(2), pages 789-803.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Fazio, Dimas M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2013. "Systemically important banks and financial stability: The case of Latin America," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3855-3866.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:40:y:2008:i:5:p:897-928. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.