Banking Competition and Macroeconomic Performance
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konstantinos Drakos & Panagiotis Konstantinou, 2005. "Competition and Contestability in Transition Banking: An Empirical Analysis," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 3(2), pages 183-209.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Sherrill Shaffer & Laura Spierdijk, 2012.
"Assessing Competition with the Panzar-Rosse Model: The Role of Scale, Costs, and Equilibrium,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 1025-1044, November.
- Jacob A. Bikker & Sherrill Shaffer & Laura Spierdijk, 2009. "Assessing Competition with the Panzar-Rosse Model: The Role of Scale, Costs, and Equilibrium," CAMA Working Papers 2009-27, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jacob Bikker & Sherrill Shaffer & Laura Spierdijk, 2009. "Assessing Competition with the Panzar-Rosse Model: The Role of Scale, Costs, and Equilibrium," DNB Working Papers 225, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- J.A. Bikker & S. Shaffer & L. Spierdijk, 2009. "Assessing Competition with the Panzar-Rosse Model: The Role of Scale, Costs, and Equilibrium," Working Papers 09-27, Utrecht School of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2007:i:24:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tuncay Celik & Levent Citak, 2016. "Banking Competition, Financial Liberalization and Economic Growth: Evidence from Turkish Economy during the 1990-2014 Period," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1750-1755.
- Admiraal, P-H. & Carree, M.A., 2000. "Competition and Market Dynamics on the Russian Deposits Market," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-25-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Carol Ann Northcott, 2004. "Competition in Banking: A Review of the Literature," Staff Working Papers 04-24, Bank of Canada.
- Alejandro Micco & Ugo Panizza, 2006. "Bank Concentration and Credit Volatility," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Cross-Border Banking Regulatory Challenges, chapter 12, pages 183-197 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2004. "Banking competition and macroeconomic conditions: a disaggregate analysis," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 203-219, July.
- Blommstein, Hans J. & Spencer, Michael G., 1996. "Sound finance and the wealth of nations," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 115-124.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C, et al, 2001.
"The Effects of Deregulation on the Performance of Financial Institutions: The Case of Spanish Savings Banks,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 101-120, February.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Ana Lozano-Vivas & C. A. Knox Lovell & Iftekhar Hasan, 1999. "The Effects of Deregulation on the Performance of Financial Institutions: The Case of Spanish Savings Banks," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-064, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Lengwiler, Yvan & Rishabh, Kumar, 2017. "Credit from the Monopoly Bank," Working papers 2017/15, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Feldmann, Horst, 2015. "Banking system concentration and unemployment in developing countries," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 60-78.
- Ramon Caminal, 2002. "Taxation of banks: A theoretical framework," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 525.02, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Lapteacru, Ion, 2014. "Do more competitive banks have less market power? The evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 41-60.
- Shaffer, Sherrill & Hoover, Scott, 2008. "Endogenous screening, credit crunches, and competition in laxity," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 296-314, December.
- Benoit Julien & Pere Gomis-Porqueras, 2007. "Market Structure and the Banking Sector," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(24), pages 1-9.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2008. "An investigation on the causal relationships between banking concentration and economic growth," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 557-570, June.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:412-422 is not listed on IDEAS
- T.P.Ogun & A.E.Akinlo, 2011. "Financial Sector Reforms and the Performance of the Nigerian Economy," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 3(1), pages 047-060, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:30:y:1998:i:4:p:793-815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.