The Information Value of the FOMC Policy Directive under the New Operating Procedures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Klein, Benjamin, 1977. "The Demand for Quality-adjusted Cash Balances: Price Uncertainty in the U.S. Demand for Money Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(4), pages 691-715, August.
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1981.
"Price level determinacy with an interest rate policy rule and rational expectations,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 319-329.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1980. "Price Level Determinacy with an Interest Rate Policy Rule and Rational Expectations," NBER Working Papers 0559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum & James G. Hoehn, 1982.
"Money Stock Control with Reserve and Interest Rate Instruments Under Rational Expectations,"
NBER Working Papers
0893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCallum, Bennett T. & Hoehn, James G., 1982. "Money stock control with reserve and interest rate instruments under rational expectations," Working Papers 8201, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1980. "Rational Expectations and Macroeconomic Stabilization Policy: An Overview," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 716-746, November.
- Taylor, John B, 1979. "Estimation and Control of a Macroeconomic Model with Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1267-1286, September.
- John Bryant & Neil Wallace, 1980. "A suggestion for further simplifying the theory of money," Staff Report 62, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Barro, Robert J., 1977. "Long-term contracting, sticky prices, and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 305-316, July.
- McCafferty, Stephen & Driskill, Robert, 1980. "Problems of Existence and Uniqueness in Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1313-1317, July.
- Flood, Robert P, 1979. "Capital Mobility and the Choice of Exchange Rate System," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(2), pages 405-416, June.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1977. "The Inefficiency of Short-Run Monetary Targets for Monetary Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 8(2), pages 293-346.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216.
- Masanao Aoki & Matthew Canzoneri, 1979. "Reduced Forms of Rational Expectations Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(1), pages 59-71.
- Barro, Robert J, 1980.
"A Capital Market in an Equilibrium Business Cycle Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 48(6), pages 1393-1417, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 1979. "A Capital Market In an Equilibrium Business Cycle Model," NBER Working Papers 0326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1978. "Asset Prices in an Exchange Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1429-1445, November.
- Feige, Edgar L & McGee, Robert, 1979. "Has the Federal Reserve Shifted from a Policy of Interest Rate Targets to a Policy of Monetary Aggregate Targets?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(4), pages 381-404, November.
- Weber, Warren E, 1981. "Output Variability under Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Rules," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 733-751, August.
- McCallum, B. T. & Whitaker, J. K., 1979. "The effectiveness of fiscal feedback rules and automatic stabilizers under rational expectations," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 171-186, April.
- Flood, Robert P & Garber, Peter M, 1980. "Market Fundamentals versus Price-Level Bubbles: The First Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(4), pages 745-770, August.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Taylor, John B, 1975. "Monetary Policy during a Transition to Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(5), pages 1009-1021, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Anker & Jorn Wasmund, 2005. "Signalling with official interest rates: the case of the German discount and lombard rate," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 17-31.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcb:jmoncb:v:16:y:1984:i:2:p:151-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.