A Theory of the Theory of Public Goods
The article critically examines the traditional theory of public goods, it is an established part of the theory of public finance. The author shows that this theory in the form in which it is treated by its creators and authors of modern textbooks, can serve no empirical explanation for the production of a good in the public sector, no regulatory justification for such production. Then, the article developed political economy concept that the fact that some goods are produced and provided by the state, is due to the interests of the state, seeking to build up their own wealth and political power. In this context, the very theory of public goods and its promotion are explained as part of a system of institutions, ensuring the preservation and expansion of the power and influence of the state in society.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 10 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.sdaeonline.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/public+finance/journal/11138/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Tideman, T Nicolaus & Tullock, Gordon, 1976. "A New and Superior Process for Making Social Choices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1145-1159, December.
- Ivanovic, Slobodan & Katic, Antonia & Mikinac, Kresimir, 2010. "Cluster As A Model Of Sustainable Competitiveness Of Small And Medium Enterpreneurship In The Tourist Market," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 1(2), pages 45-54.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1996. "Public Provision of Private Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 57-84, February.
- Edward Clarke, 1971. "Multipart pricing of public goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 17-33, September.
- Francis M. Bator, 1958. "The Anatomy of Market Failure," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 351-379.