Variation in Central Bank Independence across Countries: Some Provisional Empirical Evidence
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Romelli, Davide, 2015. "Ups and downs of central bank independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: theory, institutions and empirics," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 259-289, December.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2015. "Ups and Downs. Central Bank Independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: Theory, Institutions and Empirics," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1503, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Josh Ryan-Collins, 2015. "Is Monetary Financing Inflationary? A Case Study of the Canadian Economy, 1935-75," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_848, Levy Economics Institute.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Loretta J Mester, 2008.
"Central Bank Institutional Structure and Effective Central Banking: Cross-Country Empirical Evidence,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 50(4), pages 620-645, December.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Mester, Loretta J., 2008. "Central bank institutional structure and effective central banking : cross-country empirical evidence," Research Discussion Papers 29/2008, Bank of Finland.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Loretta J. Mester, 2008. "Central bank institutional structure and effective central banking: cross-country empirical evidence," Working Papers 08-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Bernd Hayo & Carsten Hefeker, 2001. "Do We Really Need Central Bank Independence? A Critical Re- examination," Macroeconomics 0103006, EconWPA.
- Maier, Philipp & Knaap, Thijs, 2002.
"Who supported the Deutsche Bundesbank?: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 831-851, December.
- Maier, Philipp & Knaap, Thijs, 2001. "Who supported the Deutsche Bundesbank? : an empirical investigation," CCSO Working Papers 200108, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Gonçalves, Carlos Eduardo S. & Carvalho, Alexandre, 2008. "Who chooses to inflation target?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 410-413, May.
- Marc Quintyn, 2009. "Independent agencies: more than a cheap copy of independent central banks?," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 267-295, September.
- Hayat, Muhammad Azmat & Farvaque, Etienne, 2012.
"Public attitudes towards central bank independence: Lessons from the foundation of the ECB,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 512-523.
- Muhammad Azmat Hayat & Etienne Farvaque, 2012. "Public Attitudes towards Central Bank Independence: Lessons From the Foundation of the ECB," Working Papers hal-00988169, HAL.
- Krause, Stefan & Méndez, Fabio, 2008.
"Institutions, arrangements and preferences for inflation stability: Evidence and lessons from a panel data analysis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 282-307, March.
- Stefan Krause & Fabio Mendez, 2005. "Institutions, Arrangements, and Preferences for Inflation Stability: Evidence and Lessons from a Panel Data Analysis," Emory Economics 0501, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- de Jong, Eelke, 2002. "Why are price stability and statutory independence of central banks negatively correlated? The role of culture," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 675-694, November.
- Hayo, Bernd, 1998. "Inflation culture, central bank independence and price stability," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 241-263, May.
- Berggren, Niclas & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Hellström, Jörgen, 2014.
"Social trust and central-bank independence,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 425-439.
- Berggren, Niclas & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Hellström, Jörgen, 2012. "Social trust and central-bank independence," HUI Working Papers 66, HUI Research.
- Berggren, Niclas & Daunfeldt, Sven-Olof & Hellström, Jörgen, 2012. "Social Trust and Central-Bank Independence," Working Paper Series 920, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Sven-Olov Daunfeldt & Jörgen Hellström & Mats Landström, 2013.
"Why Do Politicians Implement Central Bank Independence Reforms?,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 427-438, December.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Hellström, Jörgen & Landström, Mats, 2008. "Why Do Politicians Implement Central Bank Independence Reforms?," Umeå Economic Studies 733, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Hellström, Jörgen & Landström, Mats, 2009. "Why Do Politicians Implement Central Bank Independence Reforms?," Ratio Working Papers 143, The Ratio Institute.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Hellström, Jörgen & Landström, Mats, 2008. "Why Do Politicians Implement Central Bank Independence Reforms?," HUI Working Papers 13, HUI Research.
- Weymark, Diana N., 2007. "Inflation, government transfers, and optimal central bank independence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 297-315, February.
- Haan, Jakob de & Kooi, Willem J., 2000. "Does central bank independence really matter?: New evidence for developing countries using a new indicator," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 643-664, April.
- Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Haan, Jakob de, 2010. "When is a central bank governor replaced? Evidence based on a new data set," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 766-781, September.
- Maier, Philipp & Bezoen, Saskia, 2004. "Bashing and supporting central banks: the Bundesbank and the European Central Bank," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 923-939, November.
- Aleksandra A. Maslowska, 2011. "Quest for the Best: How to Measure Central Bank Independence and Show its Relationship with Inflation," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 5(2), pages 132-161, August.
- Hayo, Bernd & Hefeker, Carsten, 2002. "Reconsidering central bank independence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 653-674, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:85:y:1995:i:3-4:p:335-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.