Political Competition and Pork-Barrel Politics in the Allocation of Public Investment in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- AndrÃ©s RodrÃguez-Pose & Yannis Psycharis & Vassilis Tselios, 2016.
"Liberals, Socialists, and pork-barrel politics in Greece,"
Environment and Planning A, , vol. 48(8), pages 1473-1492, August.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Yannis Psycharis & Vassilis Tselios, 2016. "Liberals, Socialists, and pork-barrel politics in Greece," Working Papers. Collection B: Regional and sectoral economics 1605, Universidade de Vigo, GEN - Governance and Economics research Network.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Yannis Psycharis & Vassilis Tselios, 2016. "Liberals, Socialists, and pork-barrel politics in Greece," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1615, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jun 2016.
- Psycharis, Yannis & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Tselios, Vassilis, 2016. "Liberals, Socialists, and pork-barrel politics in Greece," CEPR Discussion Papers 11319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Germa Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2009.
"Preventing competition because of 'solidarity': rhetoric and reality of airport investments in Spain,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(22), pages 2853-2865.
- Germà Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2005. "Preventing competition because of “solidarity”: Rhetoric and reality of airport investments in Spain," Public Economics 0511012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2011.
"Political competition and politician quality: evidence from Italian municipalities,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 148(3), pages 547-559, September.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2010. "Political Competition And Politician Quality: Evidence From Italian Municipalities," Working Papers 201005, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Livert, Felipe & Gainza, Xabier & Acuña, Jose, 2019. "Paving the electoral way: Urban infrastructure, partisan politics and civic engagement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-1.
- Joan Costa-Font & Ana Rico, 2006. "Vertical Competition in the Spanish National Health System (NHS)," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 477-498, September.
- Masami Imai, 2009. "Political Determinants of Government Loans in Japan," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 41-70, February.
- Agostini, Claudio A. & Brown, Philip H. & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010.
"Neighbor effects in the provision of public goods in a young democracy: Evidence from China,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1027, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Claudio A Agostini & Philip Brown & Xiaobo Zhang, 2011. "Neighbor Effects in the Provision of Public Goods in a Young Democracy: Evidence from China," Working Papers wp_008, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Muraközy, Balázs & Telegdy, Álmos, 2016.
"Political incentives and state subsidy allocation: Evidence from Hungarian municipalities,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 324-344.
- Balázs Murakozy & Almos Telegdy, 2015. "Political Incentives and State Subsidy Allocation: Evidence from Hungarian Municipalities," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 1531, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Wagner, Aiko, 2017. "A micro perspective on political competition: Electoral availability in the European electorates," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 502-520.
- Kayode Taiwo & Linda G. Veiga, 2020. "Is there an “invisible hand” in the formula-based intergovernmental transfers in Nigeria?," NIPE Working Papers 02/2020, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Biswajit Mohanty & N.R. Bhanumurthy & Ananya Ghosh Dastidar, 2017. "What explains regional imbalances in public infrastructure expenditure? Evidence from Indian states," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 24(2), pages 113-139, December.
- Alizadeh, Tooran & Farid, Reza, 2017. "Political economy of telecommunication infrastructure: An investigation of the National Broadband Network early rollout and pork barrel politics in Australia," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 242-252.
- Spáč Peter, 2016. "For the Game, for the Loyal Partisans: Distribution of Sport Grants in Slovakia," Central European Journal of Public Policy, Sciendo, vol. 10(1), pages 12-21, May.
- Firpo, Sergio & Ponczek, Vladimir & Sanfelice, Viviane, 2015.
"The relationship between federal budget amendments and local electoral power,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 186-198.
- Firpo, Sergio & Ponczek, Vladimir & Sanfelice, Viviane, 2014. "The Relationship between Federal Budget Amendments and Local Electoral Power," IZA Discussion Papers 7918, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kemmerling, Achim & Stephan, Andreas, 2015. "Comparative political economy of regional transport infrastructure investment in Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 227-239.
- Antonio Estache, 2016. "Institutions for Infrastructure in Developing Countries: What We Know and the Lot We still Need to Know," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2016-27, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Díaz-Cayeros, Alberto & Magaloni, Beatriz & Ruiz-Euler, Alexander, 2014. "Traditional Governance, Citizen Engagement, and Local Public Goods: Evidence from Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 80-93.
- Claudio A. Agostini & Philip Brown & Xiaobo Zhang, 2016. "Special Section: China's Growing Trade and its Role to the World Economy," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 13-31, February.
- Aray, Henry & Pacheco-Delgado, Janeth, 2020. "Public investment allocation across Ecuadorian Provinces," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Celbis, M.G. & Crombrugghe, D. de & Muysken, J., 2014. "Public investment and regional politics: The case of Turkey," MERIT Working Papers 2014-020, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:116:y:2003:i:1-2:p:185-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.