Local Government Structure and Public Expenditures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nakazawa, Kasuyoshi, 2016. "Identifying Discretion of Municipalities to Undertake Eligibility Assessments for Japan’s Long-Term Care Insurance Program," MPRA Paper 75565, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Timothy Besley & Rohini Pande & Vijayendra Rao, 2012.
"Just Rewards? Local Politics and Public Resource Allocation in South India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 26(2), pages 191-216.
- Timothy Besley & Rohini Pande & Vijayendra Rao, 2007. "Just Rewards?Local Politics and Public ResourceAllocation in South India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 49, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy & Pande, Rohini & Rao, Vijayendra, 2007. "Just rewards? Local politics and public resource allocation in South India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3763, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Henrik Jordahl & Che-Yuan Liang, 2010.
"Merged municipalities, higher debt: on free-riding and the common pool problem in politics,"
Springer, vol. 143(1), pages 157-172, April.
- Jordahl, Henrik & Liang, Che-Yuan, 2006. "Merged Municipalities, Higher Debt: On Free-riding and the Common Pool Problem in Politics," Working Paper Series 679, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Jordahl, Henrik & Liang, Che-Yuan, 2006. "Merged Municipalities, Higher Debt: On Free-riding and the Common Pool Problem in Politics," Ratio Working Papers 107, The Ratio Institute.
- Jordahl, Henrik & Liang, Che-Yuan, 2006. "Merged Municipalities, Higher Debt: On Free-riding and the Common Pool Problem in Politics," Working Paper Series 2006:27, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:132-149 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2016. "Amalgamation, free-rider behavior, and regulation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(5), pages 812-833, October.
- Katsuyoshi Nakazawa, 2013. "Municipality amalgamation and free-ride behavior: Eligibility assessments for long-term care insurance in Japan," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201340, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Allers, Maarten & van Ommeren, Bernard & Geertsema, Bieuwe, 2015. "Does intermunicipal cooperation create inefficiency? A comparison of interest rates paid by intermunicipal organizations, amalgamated municipalities and not recently amalgamated municipalities," Research Report 15003-EEF, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Pettersson-Lidbom, Per, 2012.
"Does the size of the legislature affect the size of government? Evidence from two natural experiments,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 269-278.
- Pettersson-Lidbom, Per, 2004. "Does the Size of the Legislature Affect the Size of Government? Evidence from Two Natural Experiments," Discussion Papers 350, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Feld, Lars P. & Fritz, Benedikt, 2015.
"The political economy of municipal amalgamation: Evidence of common pool effects and local public debt,"
Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics
15/10, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Benedikt Fritz & Lars P. Feld, 2015. "The Political Economy of Municipal Amalgamation - Evidence of Common Pool Effects and Local Public Debt," CESifo Working Paper Series 5676, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:173:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0484-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo, 2017.
"Evaluation of the fiscal effect on municipal mergers: Quasi-experimental evidence from Japanese municipal data,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 132-149.
- Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo, 2016. "Evaluation of the fiscal effect on municipal mergers: Quasi-experimental evidence from Japanese municipal data," MPRA Paper 68890, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nakazawa, Katsuyoshi, 2016. "Free-rider behavior under voluntary amalgamation: The case of setting the long-term care insurance premium in Japan," MPRA Paper 75147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dongwon Lee, 2015. "Supermajority rule and the law of 1/n," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 164(3), pages 251-274, September.
- Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo, 2012. "Local government expenditure and council size: Quasi-experimental evidence from Japan," MPRA Paper 42799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hirota, Haruaki & Yunoue, Hideo, 2011. "Municipal mergers and special provisions of local council members in Japan," MPRA Paper 37485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William B. Hankins, 2015. "Government Spending, Shocks, and the Role of Legislature Size: Evidence from the American States," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1059-1070, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:115:y:2003:i:1-2:p:185-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.