Term Limits: Causes and Consequences
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Schelker, 2012. "The influence of auditor term length and term limits on US state general obligation bond ratings," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 27-49, January.
- Thierry Madiès & Sonia Paty & Yvon Rocaboy, 2005.
"Externalités fiscales horizontales et verticales. Où en est la théorie du fédéralisme financier ?,"
Revue d'économie politique,
Dalloz, vol. 115(1), pages 17-63.
- Yvon Rocaboy & Thierry Madiès & Sonia Paty, 2005. "Externalités fiscales horizontales et verticales: Où en est la théorie du fédéralisme financier ?," Post-Print halshs-00008796, HAL.
- Apollonio, Dorie E. & Glantz, Stanton A. & Bero, Lisa A., 2014. "Term limits and the tobacco industry," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 1-5.
- Frisell, Lars & Roszbach, Kasper F. & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2008.
"Governing the Governors: A Clinical Study of Central Banks,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frisell, Lars & Roszbach, Kasper & spagnolo, giancarlo, 2008. "Governing the Governors: A Clinical Study of Central Banks," Working Paper Series 221, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Ross Hickey, 2015.
"Intergovernmental transfers and re-election concerned politicians,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 331-351, November.
- Hickey, Ross, 2010. "Intergovernmental Transfers and Re-Election Concerned Politicians," MPRA Paper 27204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smart, Michael & Sturm, Daniel M., 2013.
"Term limits and electoral accountability,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 93-102.
- Smart, Michael & Sturm, Daniel M, 2004. "Term Limits and Electoral Accountability," CEPR Discussion Papers 4272, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smart, Michael & Sturm, Daniel M., 2013. "Term limits and electoral accountability," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 46860, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michael Smart & Daniel M. Sturm, 2006. "Term Limits and Electoral Accountability," CEP Discussion Papers dp0770, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Smart, Michael & Sturm, Daniel M., 2006. "Term limits and electoral accountability," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19771, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Smart, Michael & Sturm, Daniel, 2004. "Term limits and electoral accountability," Economic History Working Papers 20283, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- J. Sebastian Leguizamon & George R. Crowley, 2016. "Term limits, time horizons and electoral accountability," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 168(1), pages 23-42, July.
- Chiara Dalle Nogare & Matteo Galizzi, 2011.
"The political economy of cultural spending: evidence from Italian cities,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 35(3), pages 203-231, August.
- Chiara Dalle Nogare & Matteo M Galizzi, 2008. "The Political Economy of Cultural Spending: Evidence from Italian Cities," Working Papers 0818, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Yakovlev, Pavel & Tosun, Mehmet S. & Lewis, William P., 2012. "Legislative Term Limits and State Aid to Local Governments," IZA Discussion Papers 6456, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Zhang, Yongjing, 2011. "The successor's dilemma in China's single party political system," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 674-680.
- H. Erler, 2007. "Legislative term limits and state spending," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 479-494, December.
- Braendle, Thomas, 2013. "Do Institutions Affect Citizens' Selection into Politics?," Working papers 2013/04, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Braendle, Thomas & Stutzer, Alois, 2016.
"Selection of public servants into politics,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 696-719.
- Braendle, Thomas & Stutzer, Alois, 2011. "Selection of Public Servants into Politics," Working papers 2011/06, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Thomas Braendle & Alois Stutzer, 2015. "Selection of Public Servants into Politics," CREMA Working Paper Series 2015-18, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Gabriel Leon, 2013.
"Bad Apples: Political Paralysis and the Quality of Politicians,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 15(3), pages 433-447, June.
- Gabriel Leon, 2009. "Bad Apples: Political Paralysis and the Quality of Politicians," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 013, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Fredriksson, Per G. & Wang, Le & Mamun, Khawaja A., 2011. "Are politicians office or policy motivated? The case of U.S. governors' environmental policies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 241-253, September.
- Michael Hoffman, 2005. "Discretion, Lobbying, and Political Influence in Models of Trade Policy," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 175-188.
- Mark Schelker, 2009. "Auditor Terms and Term Limits in the Public Sector: Evidence from the US States," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-19, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Rodet, Cortney S., 2011. "Voter Behavior and Seniority Advantage in Pork Barrel Politics," MPRA Paper 33192, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:114:y:2003:i:1-2:p:1-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.