OSHA Enforcement and Workplace Injuries: A Behavioral Approach to Risk Assessment
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- Sarin, Rakesh K & Winkler, Robert L, 1992. "Ambiguity and Decision Modeling: A Preference-Based Approach," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 389-407, October.
- Bernasconi, Michele, 1992. "Different Frames for the Independence Axiom: An Experimental Investigation in Individual Decision Making under Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 159-174, May.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1980.
"A Rehabilitation of the Principle of Insufficient Reason,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 94(3), pages 493-506.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1980. "A Rehabilitation of the Principle of Insufficient Reason," Munich Reprints in Economics 19914, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Camerer, Colin & Weber, Martin, 1992.
"Recent Developments in Modeling Preferences: Uncertainty and Ambiguity,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 325-370, October.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Martin, 1991. "Recent developments in modelling preferences: Uncertainty and ambiguitiy," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 275, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Goeran Skogh, 1999. "Risk-Sharing Institutions for Unpredictable Losses," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(3), pages 505-505, September.
- Michael G Faure & Göran Skogh, 1992. "Compensation for Damages Caused by Nuclear Accidents: A Convention as Insurance," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 17(4), pages 499-513, October.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 1989. "Prospective Reference Theory: Toward an Explanation of the Paradoxes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 235-263, September.
- Camerer, Colin & Kunreuther, Howard, 1989. "Experimental Markets for Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 265-299, September.
- W. Viscusi & Harrell Chesson, 1999. "Hopes and Fears: the Conflicting Effects of Risk Ambiguity," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 157-184, October.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomas Philipson & George Zanjani, 1997. "Consumption vs. Production of Insurance," NBER Working Papers 6225, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wayne B. Gray & Ronald J. Shadbegian, 2007. "The Environmental Performance Of Polluting Plants: A Spatial Analysis," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 63-84.
- Dietrich Earnhart & Lana Friesen, 2013.
"Can Punishment Generate Specific Deterrence Without Updating? Analysis of a Stated Choice Scenario,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 56(3), pages 379-397, November.
- Lana Friesen & Dietrich Earnhart, 2012. "Can Punishment Generate Specific Deterrence without Updating? Analysis of a Stated Choice Scenario," Discussion Papers Series 468, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Masaru Sasaki, 2010. "Unemployment and Workplace Safety in a Search and Matching Model," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 10-14, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Stavros A. Drakopoulos & Ioannis Theodossiou, 2016.
"Workers’ risk underestimation and occupational health and safety regulation,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 641-656, June.
- Drakopoulos, Stavros A. & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2011. "Workers’ Risk Underestimation and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation," MPRA Paper 29643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & John D. Leeth, 2004.
"Data Mining Mining Data: MSHA Enforcement Efforts, Underground Coal Mine Safety, and New Health Policy Implications,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 83-111, September.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & John D. Leeth, 2003. "Data Mining Mining Data: MSHA Enforcement Efforts, Underground Coal Mine Safety, and New Health Policy Implications," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 52, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Wayne B. Gray & John Mendeloff, 2002. "The Declining Effects of OSHA Inspections on Manufacturing Injuries: 1979 to 1998," NBER Working Papers 9119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alm, James & Shimshack, Jay, 2014.
"Environmental Enforcement and Compliance: Lessons from Pollution, Safety, and Tax Settings,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics,
now publishers, vol. 10(4), pages 209-274, December.
- James Alm & Jay Shimshack, 2014. "Environmental Enforcement and Compliance: Lessons from Pollution, Safety, and Tax Settings," Working Papers 1409, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Finger & Shanti Gamper-Rabindran, 2013. "Testing the effects of self-regulation on industrial accidents," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 115-146, April.
- Earnhart, Dietrich & Segerson, Kathleen, 2012. "The influence of financial status on the effectiveness of environmental enforcement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 670-684.
- Wayne B. Gray & Ronald J. Shadbegian, 2004. "When and Why Do Plants Comply? Paper Mills in the 1980s," NCEE Working Paper Series 200407, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Jul 2004.
- Hirschauer, Norbert & Zwoll, Stefan, 2006. "Understanding and Managing Behavioural Risks -The Case of Food Risks Caused by Malpractice in Poultry Production," Working Paper Series 10287, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
- Christine Jolls, 2007. "Employment Law and the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 13230, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan M. Lee & Laura O. Taylor, 2014. "Randomized Safety Inspections And Risk Exposure On The Job: Quasi-Experimental Estimates Of The Value Of A Statistical Life," Working Papers 14-05, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lana Friesen & Dietrich Earnhart, 2012. "Environmental Management Responses to Punishment: Specific Deterrence and Certainty versus Severity of Punishment," Discussion Papers Series 463, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:cen:wpaper:12-21 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrisku:v:3:y:1990:i:3:p:283-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .