The Impact of Self-protection and Self-insurance on Individual Response to Risk
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wly:hlthec:v:26:y:2017:i:8:p:1067-1086 is not listed on IDEAS
- List, John A. & Shogren, Jason F., 1998.
"Calibration of the difference between actual and hypothetical valuations in a field experiment,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 193-205, October.
- John List & Jason Shogren, 1998. "Calibration of the difference between actual and hypothetical valuations in a field experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00296, The Field Experiments Website.
- John Ashton & Robert S. Hudson, 2011. "Should the joint provision of credit insurance with unsecured lending be prohibited? An examination of the UK payment protection insurance market," Working Papers 11008, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Cicchetti, Charles J & Dubin, Jeffrey A, 1994. "A Microeconometric Analysis of Risk Aversion and the Decision to Self-Insure," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 169-186, February.
- Buhr, Brian L. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Shogren, Jason F. & Kliebenstein, James B., 1993.
"Valuing Ambiguity: The Case Of Genetically Engineered Growth Enhancers,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(02), December.
- Buhr, Brian L. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Shogren, Jason F. & Kliebenstein, James B., 1993. "Valuing Ambiguity: The Case of Genetically Engineered Growth Enhancers," ISU General Staff Papers 199312010800001010, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Buhr, Brian L. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Shogren, Jason F. & Kliebenstein, James, 1993. "Valuing Ambiguity: The Case of Genetically Engineered Growth Enhancers," Staff General Research Papers Archive 675, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dorte Gyrd-Hansen, 2013. "Using the Stated Preference Technique for Eliciting Valuations: The Role of the Payment Vehicle," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 31(10), pages 853-861, October.
- Alberini, Anna & Ščasný, Milan, 2013.
"Exploring heterogeneity in the value of a statistical life: Cause of death v. risk perceptions,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 143-155.
- Anna Alberini & Milan Šcasný, 2010. "Does the Cause of Death Matter? The Effect of Dread, Controllability, Exposure and Latency on the Vsl," Working Papers 2010.139, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Shogren, Jason F., 2006. "Experimental Methods and Valuation," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 19, pages 969-1027 Elsevier.
- Jason Shogren & Thomas Crocker, 1991. "Cooperative and noncooperative protection against transferable and filterable externalities," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(2), pages 195-214, June.
- Andrea Morone & Ozlem Ozdemir, 2006. "Valuing Protection against Low Probability, High Loss Risks: Experimental Evidence," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-34, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- John A. List & Jason F. Shogren, 1999.
"Price Information and Bidding Behavior in Repeated Second-Price Auctions,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(4), pages 942-949.
- John List & Jason Shogren, 1999. "Price Information and Bidding Behavior in Repeated Second-Price Auctions," Natural Field Experiments 00526, The Field Experiments Website.
- Johannes G. Jaspersen, 2016. "Hypothetical Surveys And Experimental Studies Of Insurance Demand: A Review," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 83(1), pages 217-255, January.
- Shogren, Jason F., 1993. "Experimental Markets And Environmental Policy," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 22(2), October.
- Oh, Miyoung & Hennessy, David A., 2014. "Upstream and Downstream Strategic Food Safety Interactions," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 174105, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Carina Cavalcanti & Andreas Leibbrandt, 2017. "A glance into the willingness to reduce overfishing: Field evidence from a fishnet exchange program," Monash Economics Working Papers 09-17, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- François Pannequin & Anne Corcos & Claude Montmarquette, 2016. "Behavioral foundations of the substitutability between insurance and self-insurance: An experimental study," CIRANO Working Papers 2016s-12, CIRANO.
- Kumazawa Risa & Query J. Tim & Yanochik Mark A., 2011. "A Real-Options Approach to Post-Hurricane Loss Valuation of Damage Property: Rebuild or Repair?," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Crocker, Thomas D., 1999. "Risk and Its Consequences," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 44-51, January.
- Oh, Miyoung, 2014. "Three essays on consumer choices on food," ISU General Staff Papers 201401010800005236, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Svensson, Mikael & Vredin Johansson, Maria, 2007. "Willingness to Pay for Private and Public Safety: Why the Difference?," Working Papers 2007:2, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Gnedenko Ekaterina & Gorbunova Zoya & Safonov Georgy, 2000. "Contingent Valuation of Drinking Water Quality in Samara City," EERC Working Paper Series 98-263e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Aric Shafran, 2011. "Self-protection against repeated low probability risks," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 263-285, June.
- Cherry, Todd L. & Crocker, Thomas D. & Shogren, Jason F., 2003. "Rationality spillovers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 63-84, January.
- Yuqing Zheng & Chen Zhen & Daniel Dench & James M. Nonnemaker, 2017.
"U.S. Demand for Tobacco Products in a System Framework,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(8), pages 1067-1086, August.
- Zheng, Yuqing & Zhen, Chen & Nonnemaker, James & Dench, Daniel, 2014. "U.S. Demand for Tobacco Products in a System Framework," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 174110, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Warziniack, Travis W. & Finnoff, David & Shogren, Jason F., 2013. "Public economics of hitchhiking species and tourism-based risk to ecosystem services," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 277-294.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrisku:v:3:y:1990:i:2:p:191-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.