Market Structure and Risk Taking in the Banking Industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune, 1998. "Market structure and risk taking in the banking industry," Research Discussion Papers 22/1998, Bank of Finland.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Png, I P L, 1995. "Corruptible Law Enforcers: How Should They Be Compensated?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 145-159, January.
- Basu, Kaushik & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Mishra, Ajit, 1992. "Notes on bribery and the control of corruption," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 349-359, August.
- Michel, Philippe, 1982.
"On the Transversality Condition in Infinite Horizon Optimal Problems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 975-985, July.
- Michel, P., 1980. "On the Transversality Condition in Infinite Horizon Optimal Problems," Cahiers de recherche 8024, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Angelo Antoci & Pier Sacco, 1995. "A public contracting evolutionary game with corruption," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 89-122, June.
- Marjit, Sugata & Shi, Heling, 1998. "On controlling crime with corrupt officials," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 163-172, January.
- Hartl, Richard F., 1987. "A simple proof of the monotonicity of the state trajectories in autonomous control problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 211-215, February.
- Feichtinger, Gustav & Wirl, Franz, 1994. "On the stability and potential cyclicity of corruption in governments subject to popularity constraints," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 113-131, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune & Yankov, Vladimir, 2016.
"Limited deposit insurance coverage and bank competition,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 95-108.
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune & Yankov, Vladimir, 2014. "Limited Deposit Insurance Coverage and Bank Competition," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-53, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune & Yankov, Vladimir, 2014. "Limited Deposit Insurance Coverage and Bank Competition," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-99, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Craig, Ben R. & Dinger, Valeriya, 2013.
"Deposit market competition, wholesale funding, and bank risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3605-3622.
- Craig, B.R. & Dinger, V., 2010. "Deposit Market Competition, Wholesale Funding, and Bank Risk," Discussion Paper 2010-65S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jost, Peter-J., 2016. "Competitive insurance pricing with complete information, loss-averse utility and finitely many policies," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 11-21.
- Fotios Pasiouras & Chrysovalantis Gaganis & Constantin Zopounidis, 2006. "The impact of bank regulations, supervision, market structure, and bank characteristics on individual bank ratings: A cross-country analysis," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 403-438, December.
More about this item
Keywordsrisk taking in banking; market structure; bank competition; deposit insurance; G21; G28; E53;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- E53 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Deposit Insurance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:82:y:2004:i:3:p:249-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.