Validity Tests of Benefit Transfer – Are We Performing the Wrong Tests?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2010.
"Testing different types of benefit transfer in valuation of ecosystem services: New Zealand winegrowing case studies,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1010-1022, March.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2009. "Testing Different Types of Benefit Transfer in Valuation of Ecosystem Services: New Zealand Winegrowing Case Studies," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 48189, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Rosenberger, Randall S. & Stanley, Tom D., 2006. "Measurement, generalization, and publication: Sources of error in benefit transfers and their management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 372-378, December.
- Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle, 2008.
"How reliable are meta-analyses for international benefit transfers?,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 425-435, June.
- Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle, 2007. "How Reliable are Meta-Analyses for International Benefit Transfers?," MPRA Paper 11484, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Genty, Aurélien, 2005. "Du concept à la fiabilité de la méthode du transfert en économie de l’environnement : un état de l’art," Cahiers d'Economie et de Sociologie Rurales (CESR), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), vol. 77.
- Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle, 2008. "Internet CV surveys – a cheap, fast way to get large samples of biased values?," MPRA Paper 11471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Agnieszka Markowska & Olimpia Markiewicz & Anna Bartczak & Milan Scasny & Jan Melichar & Hana Skopkova, 2007. "Lake Water Quality Valuation - Benefit Transfer Approach vs. Empirical Evidence," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 19.
- Baskaran, Ramesh & Cullen, Ross & Colombo, Sergio, 2010. "Economic Valuation of Ecosystem Services in New Zealand Winegrowing Regions: Testing for Benefit Transfer," Review of Applied Economics, Lincoln University, Department of Financial and Business Systems, vol. 6(1-2), pages 1-23, April.
- Kerr, Geoffrey N. & Latham, N., 2011. "The Value of Recreational Inshore Marine Fishing," 2011 Conference, August 25-26, 2011, Nelson, New Zealand 115408, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Soon, Jan-Jan & Ahmad, Siti-Aznor, 2015. "Willingly or grudgingly? A meta-analysis on the willingness-to-pay for renewable energy use," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 877-887.
- Marianne Zandersen & Mette Termansen & Frank S. Jensen, 2005. "Valuing New Forest Sites over Time: the Case of Afforestation and Recreation in Denmark," Working Papers FNU-80, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Aug 2005.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Ahtiainen, Heini & Artell, Janne & Meyerhoff, Jürgen, 2017. "Choosing a Functional Form for an International Benefit Transfer: Evidence from a Nine-country Valuation Experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 104-113.
- Matthews, D.I. & Hutchinson, W.G. & Scarpa, R., 2009.
"Testing the stability of the benefit transfer function for discrete choice contingent valuation data,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 131-146, January.
- David I. Matthews & Riccardo Scarpa & W. George Hutchinson, 2007. "Testing the stability of the Benefit Transfer Function for Discrete Choice Contingent Valuation Data," Working Papers in Economics 07/08, University of Waikato.
- Roy Brouwer, 2009. "Multi-Attribute Choice Modeling of Australia’s Rivers and Wetlands: A Meta-Analysis of Ten Years of Research," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2009-05, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Wiktor Budziński, 2017. "Simulation error in maximum likelihood estimation of discrete choice models," Working Papers 2017-18, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Wilson, Matthew A. & Hoehn, John P., 2006. "Valuing environmental goods and services using benefit transfer: The state-of-the art and science," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 335-342, December.
- Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Scasný, Milan, 2010.
"Study on benefit transfer in an international setting. How to improve welfare estimates in the case of the countries' income heterogeneity?,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2409-2416, October.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Milan Ščasný, 2008. "Study on Benefit Transfer in an International Setting. How to Improve Welfare Estimates in the Case of the Countries' Income Heterogeneity?," Working Papers 2008-09, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Leon-Gonzalez, Roberto & Scarpa, Riccardo, 2008. "Improving multi-site benefit functions via Bayesian model averaging: A new approach to benefit transfer," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 50-68, July.
- Luke Brander & Andrea Ghermandi & Onno Kuik & Anil Markandya & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes & Marije Schaafsma & Alfred Wagtendonk, 2010. "Scaling up Ecosystem Services Values: Methodology, Applicability and a Case Study," Working Papers 2010.41, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Gebeyehu Fetene & Søren Olsen & Ole Bonnichsen, 2014. "Disentangling the Pure Time Effect From Site and Preference Heterogeneity Effects in Benefit Transfer: An Empirical Investigation of Transferability," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 59(4), pages 583-611, December.
- Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter & Sultanian, Elena, 2008. "The impact of the bird flu on public willingness to pay for the protection of migratory birds," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 575-585, January.
- Lindhjem, Henrik & Navrud, Ståle, 2010. "Can cheap panel-based internet surveys substitute costly in-person interviews in CV surveys?," MPRA Paper 24069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aurélien Genty, 2005. "Du concept à la fiabilité de la méthode du transfert en économie de l’environnement : un état de l’art," Cahiers d'Economie et Sociologie Rurales, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 77, pages 5-34.
- Robert Johnston & Joshua Duke, 2008. "Benefit Transfer Equivalence Tests with Non-normal Distributions," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 1-23, September.
- Tzipi Eshet & Mira Baron & Mordechai Shechter, 2007. "Exploring Benefit Transfer: Disamenities of Waste Transfer Stations," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(3), pages 521-547, July.
- Aurélien Genty, 2005. "Du concept à la fiabilité de la méthode du transfert en économie de l’environnement : un état de l’art," Post-Print hal-01201112, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsbenefit transfer; contingent valuation; equivalence tests; validity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:30:y:2005:i:3:p:279-286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.