A Double-Threshold GARCH Model for the French Franc/Deutschmark Exchange Rate
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- D'Andrade, Kendall, 1992. "The End of an Era," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 379-389, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Rubia & Trino-Manuel Ñíguez, 2006.
"Forecasting the conditional covariance matrix of a portfolio under long-run temporal dependence,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6), pages 439-458.
- Antonio Rubia Serrano & Trino-Manuel Ñíguez, 2003. "Forecasting The Conditional Covariance Matrix Of A Portfolio Under Long-Run Temporal Dependence," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-34, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Funke, Michael & Shu, Chang & Cheng, Xiaoqiang & Eraslan, Sercan, 2015.
"Assessing the CNH–CNY pricing differential: Role of fundamentals, contagion and policy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 245-262.
- Michael Funke & Chang Shu & Xiaoqiang Cheng & Sercan Eraslan, 2015. "Assessing the CNH-CNY pricing differential: role of fundamentals, contagion and policy," BIS Working Papers 492, Bank for International Settlements.
- Knight John & Satchell Stephen, 2011. "Some New Results for Threshold AR(1) Models," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-42, April.
- Gerlach, Richard & Chen, Cathy W.S. & Lin, Doris S.Y. & Huang, Ming-Hsiang, 2006. "Asymmetric responses of international stock markets to trading volume," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 360(2), pages 422-444.
- Ke Zhu & Wai Keung Li & Philip L. H. Yu, 2017.
"Buffered Autoregressive Models With Conditional Heteroscedasticity: An Application to Exchange Rates,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 528-542, October.
- Zhu, Ke & Li, Wai Keung & Yu, Philip L.H., 2014. "Buffered autoregressive models with conditional heteroscedasticity: An application to exchange rates," MPRA Paper 53874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard H. & Tai, Amanda P.J., 2008. "Testing for nonlinearity in mean and volatility for heteroskedastic models," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 489-499.
- Olmedo,E. & Velasco, F. & Valderas, J.M., 2007. "Caracterización no lineal y predicción no paramétrica en el IBEX35/Nonlinear Characterization and Predictions of IBEX 35," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 25, pages 815-842, Diciembre.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Mike K. P. So & Ming-Tien Chen, 2005. "A Bayesian threshold nonlinearity test for financial time series," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 61-75.
- Beg, A.B.M. Rabiul Alam & Anwar, Sajid, 2012. "Sources of volatility persistence: A case study of the U.K. pound/U.S. dollar exchange rate returns," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 165-184.
- W. K. Li & Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001. "A Survey of Recent Theoretical Results for Time Series Models with GARCH Errors," ISER Discussion Paper 0545, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Shiyi Chen & Kiho Jeong & Wolfgang Härdle, 2008. "Support Vector Regression Based GARCH Model with Application to Forecasting Volatility of Financial Returns," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-014, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Cathy Chen & Richard Gerlach, 2013. "Semi-parametric quantile estimation for double threshold autoregressive models with heteroskedasticity," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 1103-1131, June.
- Yang, Yung-Lieh & Chang, Chia-Lin, 2008. "A double-threshold GARCH model of stock market and currency shocks on stock returns," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 458-474.
- Charles, Amélie, 2010.
"The day-of-the-week effects on the volatility: The role of the asymmetry,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 143-152, April.
- Amélie Charles, 2010. "The day-of-the week effects on the volatility: The role of the asymmetry," Post-Print hal-00771136, HAL.
- Zhu, Junjun & Xie, Shiyu, 2010. "Bayesian Analysis of a Triple-Threshold GARCH Model with Application in Chinese Stock Market," MPRA Paper 28235, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dufrenot, Gilles & Guegan, Dominique & Peguin-Feissolle, Anne, 2005.
"Modelling squared returns using a SETAR model with long-memory dynamics,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 237-243, February.
- Gilles Dufrénot & Dominique Guegan & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2005. "Modelling squared returns using a SETAR model with long-memory dynamics," Post-Print halshs-00179285, HAL.
- Chen, Qian & Gerlach, Richard H., 2013. "The two-sided Weibull distribution and forecasting financial tail risk," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 527-540.
- Pedro Correia S. Bezerra & Pedro Henrique M. Albuquerque, 2017. "Volatility forecasting via SVR–GARCH with mixture of Gaussian kernels," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 179-196, April.
- Toshio Utsunomiya, 2013. "A new approach to the effect of intervention frequency on the foreign exchange market: evidence from Japan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(26), pages 3742-3759, September.
- Sitzia, Bruno & Iovino, Doriana, 2008. "Nonlinearities in Exchange rates: Double EGARCH Threshold Models for Forecasting Volatility," MPRA Paper 8661, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Yang, Ming Jing & Gerlach, Richard & Jim Lo, H., 2006. "The asymmetric reactions of mean and volatility of stock returns to domestic and international information based on a four-regime double-threshold GARCH model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 366(C), pages 401-418.
- Wu Xin-Yu & Zhou Hai-Lin, 2015. "A triple-threshold leverage stochastic volatility model," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 19(4), pages 483-500, September.
- Cathy W. S. Chen & Mike K. P. So & Edward M. H. Lin, 2009. "Volatility forecasting with double Markov switching GARCH models," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(8), pages 681-697.
- Suardi, Sandy, 2008. "Central bank intervention, threshold effects and asymmetric volatility: Evidence from the Japanese yen-US dollar foreign exchange market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 628-642, July.
- Kushal Banik Chowdhury & Nityananda Sarkar, 2015. "The Effect of Inflation on Inflation Uncertainty in the G7 Countries: A Double Threshold GARCH Model," International Econometric Review (IER), Econometric Research Association, vol. 7(1), pages 34-50, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jof:jforec:v:20:y:2001:i:2:p:135-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.