Executive Succession, Strategic Reorientation and Performance Growth: A Longitudinal Study in the U.S. Cement Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Neil Baily & Robert J. Gordon, 1988. "The Productivity Slowdown, Measurement Issues, and the Explosion of Computer Power," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 347-432.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Thomas W. Malone & Vijay Gurbaxani & Ajit Kambil, 1994.
"Does Information Technology Lead to Smaller Firms?,"
INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1628-1644, December.
- Erik J. Brynjolfsson & Thomas Malone & Vijay Gurbaxani & Ajit Kambil, 1991. "Does Information Technology Lead to Smaller Firms?," Working Paper Series 123, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sarah E. A. Dixon & Klaus E. Meyer & Marc Day, 2010. "Stages of Organizational Transformation in Transition Economies: A Dynamic Capabilities Approach," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 416-436, May.
- repec:spr:busres:v:10:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40685-016-0041-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Prentice, 2006.
"A re-examination of the origins of American industrial success,"
2006.02, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- David Prentice, 2006. "A re-examination of the origins of American industrial success," Working Papers 2006.02, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Prentice, David, 2008. "The origins of American industrial success: Evidence from the US portland cement industry," MPRA Paper 13409, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vicente Safón & Alejandro Escribá-Esteve, 2011. "Antecedents and consequences of external risk perception in franchising: evidence from the hospitality industry," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 5(3), pages 237-257, September.
- Mezias, Stephen J. & Kuperman, Jerome C., 2001. "The community dynamics of entrepreneurship: The birth of the american film industry, 1895-1929," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-233, May.
- Behlul Usdiken & Suleyman Ozmucur, 2002. "Succession Effects in Radically Different Environments: A Study in Turkish Banking before and after Liberalization," Working Papers 0210, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 Apr 2002.
- Demir, Robert & Wennberg, Karl & McKelvie, Alexander, 2016. "The Strategic Management of High-Growth Firms: A Review and Theoretical Conceptualization," Ratio Working Papers 273, The Ratio Institute.
- Robert S. Huckman & Jason Barro, 2005. "Cohort Turnover and Productivity: The July Phenomenon in Teaching Hospitals," NBER Working Papers 11182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bla:jomstd:v:54:y:2017:i:1:p:58-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guoli Chen, 2015. "Initial compensation of new CEOs hired in turnaround situations," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(12), pages 1895-1917, December.
- Alexander S. Alexiev & Justin J. P. Jansen & Frans A. J. Van den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2010. "Top Management Team Advice Seeking and Exploratory Innovation: The Moderating Role of TMT Heterogeneity," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(7), pages 1343-1364, November.
- Weiwen Li & Yuan Lu, 2012. "CEO dismissal, institutional development, and environmental dynamism," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 1007-1026, December.
- Beckman, Christine M. & Burton, M. Diane & O'Reilly, Charles, 2007. "Early teams: The impact of team demography on VC financing and going public," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 147-173, March.
- Barbara Voußem & Utz Schäffer & Denis Schweizer, 2015. "Top management turnover under the influence of activist investors," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(3), pages 709-739, August.
- Habermann, Harald, 2017. "Business takeovers and firm growth: Empirical evidence from a German panel," Working Papers 01/17, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- repec:bla:jomstd:v:54:y:2017:i:7:p:1019-1049 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew A. King & Christopher L. Tucci, 2002. "Incumbent Entry into New Market Niches: The Role of Experience and Managerial Choice in the Creation of Dynamic Capabilities," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 171-186, February.
- Ayse Karaevli & Edward J. Zajac, 2013. "When Do Outsider CEOs Generate Strategic Change? The Enabling Role of Corporate Stability," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(7), pages 1267-1294, November.
- Y. Sekou Bermiss & Johann P. Murmann, 2015. "Who matters more? The impact of functional background and top executive mobility on firm survival," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(11), pages 1697-1716, November.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Chan, Ricky Y.K. & Leung, T.Y., 2010. "Management demography and corporate performance: Evidence from China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 261-275, June.
More about this item
Keywordsexecutive succession; reorientation; organization learning; top management teams; turbulence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:42:y:1996:i:7:p:939-953. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.