On the Use of Mean-Variance and Quadratic Approximations in Implementing Dynamic Investment Strategies: A Comparison of Returns and Investment Policies
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael J. Best & Jaroslava Hlouskova, 2005. "An Algorithm for Portfolio Optimization with Transaction Costs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(11), pages 1676-1688, November.
- Glensk, Barbara & Madlener, Reinhard, 2011. "Dynamic Portfolio Selection Methods for Power Generation Assets," FCN Working Papers 16/2011, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Dokuchaev, Nikolai, 2010. "Optimality of myopic strategies for multi-stock discrete time market with management costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(2), pages 551-556, January.
- Stambaugh, Robert F., 1997.
"Analyzing investments whose histories differ in length,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 285-331, September.
- Robert F. Stambaugh, "undated". "Analyzing Investments Whose Histories Differ in Length," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 5-96, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Robert F. Stambaugh, 1997. "Analyzing Investments Whose Histories Differ in Length," NBER Working Papers 5918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert F. Stambaugh, "undated". "Analyzing Investments Whose Histories Differ in Length," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 05-96, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Zhang, Xili & Zhang, Weiguo & Xiao, Weilin, 2013. "Multi-period portfolio optimization under possibility measures," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 401-408.
- Alexandra Rodkina & Nikolai Dokuchaev, 2014. "On asymptotic optimality of Merton's myopic portfolio strategies for discrete time market," Papers 1403.4329, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2014.
- LECLUYSE, C. & VAN WOENSEL, Tom & PEREMANS, Herbert, 2007. "Vehicle routing with stochastic time-dependent travel times," Working Papers 2007018, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Michael W. Brandt & Amit Goyal & Pedro Santa-Clara & Jonathan R. Stroud, 2005.
"A Simulation Approach to Dynamic Portfolio Choice with an Application to Learning About Return Predictability,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(3), pages 831-873.
- Michael W. Brandt & Amit Goyal & Pedro Santa-Clara & Jonathan Storud, 2004. "A Simulation Approach to Dynamic Portfolio Choice with an Application to Learning About Return Predictability," NBER Working Papers 10934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fletcher, Jonathan & Hillier, Joe, 2002. "On the usefulness of linear factor models in predicting expected returns in mean-variance analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 449-466.
- Elena Vigna, 2009. "Mean-variance inefficiency of CRRA and CARA utility functions for portfolio selection in defined contribution pension schemes," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 108, Collegio Carlo Alberto, revised 2009.
- Mark Broadie & Weiwei Shen, 2017. "Numerical solutions to dynamic portfolio problems with upper bounds," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 215-227, April.
- repec:wsi:qjfxxx:v:07:y:2017:i:02:n:s201013921750001x is not listed on IDEAS
- Jianfeng Liang & Shuzhong Zhang & Duan Li, 2008. "Optioned Portfolio Selection: Models And Analysis," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 569-593.
- Elena Vigna, 2009. "Mean-variance inefficiency of CRRA and CARA utility functions for portfolio selection in defined contribution pension schemes," CeRP Working Papers 89, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- repec:spr:fuzodm:v:17:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10700-017-9266-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jrisks:v:6:y:2018:i:1:p:12-:d:132609 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dokuchaev, Nikolai, 2007. "Discrete time market with serial correlations and optimal myopic strategies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(2), pages 1090-1104, March.
- repec:eee:finana:v:55:y:2018:i:c:p:23-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Wei-Guo & Liu, Yong-Jun & Xu, Wei-Jun, 2012. "A possibilistic mean-semivariance-entropy model for multi-period portfolio selection with transaction costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(2), pages 341-349.
- Chamberlain, Trevor W., 1996. "The investment decisions of individuals and firms," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 87-97.
- Yu, Mei & Takahashi, Satoru & Inoue, Hiroshi & Wang, Shouyang, 2010. "Dynamic portfolio optimization with risk control for absolute deviation model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(2), pages 349-364, March.
- Grauer, Robert R. & Hakansson, Nils H., 1995. "Stein and CAPM estimators of the means in asset allocation," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 35-66.
More about this item
Keywordsdynamic investment; mean-variance analysis; asset allocation; investment management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:39:y:1993:i:7:p:856-871. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.