What is the Opportunity Cost of Mean-Variance Investment Strategies?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markowitz, Harry, 2014. "Mean–variance approximations to expected utility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 346-355.
- Simaan, Yusif, 2014. "The opportunity cost of mean–variance choice under estimation risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 382-391.
- repec:eee:revfin:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:41-54 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph R. Blasi & Douglas L. Kruse & Harry M. Markowitz, 2010.
"Risk and Lack of Diversification under Employee Ownership and Shared Capitalism,"
NBER Chapters,in: Shared Capitalism at Work: Employee Ownership, Profit and Gain Sharing, and Broad-based Stock Options, pages 105-136
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph R. Blasi & Douglas L. Kruse & Harry M. Markowitz, 2008. "Risk and Lack of Diversification under Employee Ownership and Shared Capitalism," NBER Working Papers 14229, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:empfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:250-269 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:decfin:v:40:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10203-017-0201-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daskalaki, Charoula & Skiadopoulos, George & Topaloglou, Nikolas, 2017.
"Diversification benefits of commodities: A stochastic dominance efficiency approach,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 250-269.
- Charoula Daskalaki & George Skiadopoulos & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2016. "Diversification Benefits of Commodities: A Stochastic Dominance Efficiency Approach," Working Papers 797, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Cooper, W. W. & Lelas, V. & Sueyoshi, T., 1997. "Goal programming models and their duality relations for use in evaluating security portfolio and regression relations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 431-443, April.
- Jin, Hyun J. & Koo, Won W., 2006. "Offshore hedging strategy of Japan-based wheat traders under multiple sources of risk and hedging costs," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 220-236, March.
- Alexandros Kostakis & Nikolaos Panigirtzoglou & George Skiadopoulos, 2011. "Market Timing with Option-Implied Distributions: A Forward-Looking Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(7), pages 1231-1249, July.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Simaan, Yusif, 2000.
"A rational explanation for home country bias,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 331-361, June.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Yusif Simaan, 1999. "A Rational Explanation For Home Country Bias," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-067, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Christodoulakis, George & Peel, David, 2006. "The relationship between expected utility and higher moments for distributions captured by the Gram-Charlier class," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 273-276, December.
- Levy, Haim & Simaan, Yusif, 2016. "More possessions, more worry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(3), pages 893-902.
- Frechette, Darren L., 2000. "Hedging With Futures And Options: A Demand Systems Approach," 2000 Conference, April 17-18 2000, Chicago, Illinois 18941, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
More about this item
Keywordsfinance; portfolio selection; mean-variance analysis; Pearson type three distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:39:y:1993:i:5:p:578-587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.