Individual versus Social Optimization in the Allocation of Customers to Alternative Servers
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Rubinovitch, 1983. "The Slow Server Problem," Discussion Papers 571, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker, 2003. "Service Co-Production, Customer Efficiency and Market Competition," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Fuqiang Zhang, 2007. "Obtaining Fast Service in a Queueing System via Performance-Based Allocation of Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(3), pages 408-420, March.
- Knight, Vincent A. & Harper, Paul R., 2013. "Selfish routing in public services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(1), pages 122-132.
- Saif Benjaafar & Yanzhi Li & Dongsheng Xu & Samir Elhedhli, 2008. "Demand Allocation in Systems with Multiple Inventory Locations and Multiple Demand Sources," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 43-60, October.
- Brooks, James D. & Kar, Koushik & Mendonça, David J., 2016. "Allocation of flows in closed bipartite queueing networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(2), pages 333-344.
- Ali K. Parlaktürk & Sunil Kumar, 2004. "Self-Interested Routing in Queueing Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(7), pages 949-966, July.
- Weng, Z. Kevin, 1996. "Manufacturing lead times, system utilization rates and lead-time-related demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 259-268, March.
- Xuanming Su & Stefanos Zenios, 2004. "Patient Choice in Kidney Allocation: The Role of the Queueing Discipline," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 6(4), pages 280-301, June.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 1999. "Capacity Choice and Allocation: Strategic Behavior and Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(8), pages 1091-1108, August.
- Grossman, Thomas A. & Brandeau, Margaret L., 2002. "Optimal pricing for service facilities with self-optimizing customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 39-57, August.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Competition and Outsourcing with Scale Economies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1314-1333, October.
- Parlakturk, Ali & Kumar, Sunil, 2004. "Self-Interested Routing in Queueing Networks," Research Papers 1782r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- George L. Vairaktarakis, 2013. "Noncooperative Games for Subcontracting Operations," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 148-158, September.
- Albert Y. Ha, 2001. "Optimal Pricing That Coordinates Queues with Customer-Chosen Service Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(7), pages 915-930, July.
- repec:spr:queues:v:88:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11134-017-9558-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:queues:v:87:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11134-017-9547-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Zhongju & Daigle, John, 2012. "Analysis of job assignment with batch arrivals among heterogeneous servers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(1), pages 149-161.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:58:y:2007:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ehud Kalai, 1990. "Optimal Service Speeds in a Competitive Environment," Discussion Papers 901, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Elahi, Ehsan, 2013. "Outsourcing through competition: What is the best competition parameter?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 370-382.
- Shone, Rob & Knight, Vincent A. & Williams, Janet E., 2013. "Comparisons between observable and unobservable M/M/1 queues with respect to optimal customer behavior," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(1), pages 133-141.
More about this item
Keywordsqueueing; individual vs social optimization; joining behavior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:29:y:1983:i:7:p:831-839. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.