Individual versus Social Optimization in the Allocation of Customers to Alternative Servers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian I. Mitroff, 1972. "The Myth of Objectivity OR Why Science Needs a New Psychology of Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(10), pages 613-618, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Rubinovitch, 1983. "The Slow Server Problem," Discussion Papers 571, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mei Xue & Patrick T. Harker, 2003. "Service Co-Production, Customer Efficiency and Market Competition," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 03-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Fuqiang Zhang, 2007. "Obtaining Fast Service in a Queueing System via Performance-Based Allocation of Demand," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 408-420.
- Knight, Vincent A. & Harper, Paul R., 2013. "Selfish routing in public services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 230(1), pages 122-132.
- Saif Benjaafar & Yanzhi Li & Dongsheng Xu & Samir Elhedhli, 2008. "Demand Allocation in Systems with Multiple Inventory Locations and Multiple Demand Sources," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 43-60.
- Brooks, James D. & Kar, Koushik & Mendonça, David J., 2016. "Allocation of flows in closed bipartite queueing networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 255(2), pages 333-344.
- Ali K. Parlaktürk & Sunil Kumar, 2004. "Self-Interested Routing in Queueing Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 949-966.
- Weng, Z. Kevin, 1996. "Manufacturing lead times, system utilization rates and lead-time-related demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 259-268, March.
- Xuanming Su & Stefanos Zenios, 2004. "Patient Choice in Kidney Allocation: The Role of the Queueing Discipline," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 280-301.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Martin A. Lariviere, 1999. "Capacity Choice and Allocation: Strategic Behavior and Supply Chain Performance," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1091-1108.
- Grossman, Thomas A. & Brandeau, Margaret L., 2002. "Optimal pricing for service facilities with self-optimizing customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 141(1), pages 39-57, August.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Patrick T. Harker, 2002. "Competition and Outsourcing with Scale Economies," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1314-1333.
- Parlakturk, Ali & Kumar, Sunil, 2004. "Self-Interested Routing in Queueing Networks," Research Papers 1782r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- George L. Vairaktarakis, 2013. "Noncooperative Games for Subcontracting Operations," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 148-158.
- Albert Y. Ha, 2001. "Optimal Pricing That Coordinates Queues with Customer-Chosen Service Requirements," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 915-930.
- repec:spr:queues:v:87:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11134-017-9547-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Zhongju & Daigle, John, 2012. "Analysis of job assignment with batch arrivals among heterogeneous servers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 217(1), pages 149-161.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:58:y:2007:i:9:d:10.1057_palgrave.jors.2602290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ehud Kalai, 1990. "Optimal Service Speeds in a Competitive Environment," Discussion Papers 901, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Elahi, Ehsan, 2013. "Outsourcing through competition: What is the best competition parameter?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(1), pages 370-382.
- Shone, Rob & Knight, Vincent A. & Williams, Janet E., 2013. "Comparisons between observable and unobservable M/M/1 queues with respect to optimal customer behavior," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(1), pages 133-141.
More about this item
Keywordsqueueing; individual vs social optimization; joining behavior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:29:y:1983:i:7:p:831-839. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .