The Shapley Value as Aircraft Landing Fees--Revisited
We examine the axiomatic basis of the Shapley value when applied to the problem of allocating the cost of a runway among different-sized users. Our approach is to begin with a model of airport-problems and then to list---within the model---certain natural properties which an allocation ought to satisfy. It is shown that these lead uniquely to the Shapley value.
Volume (Year): 28 (1982)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 7240 Parkway Drive, Suite 300, Hanover, MD 21076 USA|
Web page: http://www.informs.org/
More information through EDIRC
- Vásquez-Brage, M. & van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & García-Jurado, I., 1995. "Owen's coalitional value and aircraft landing fees," Discussion Paper 1995-104, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Norde, Henk & Fragnelli, Vito & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & Patrone, Fioravante & Tijs, Stef, 2002.
"Balancedness of infrastructure cost games,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 136(3), pages 635-654, February.
- Norde, H.W. & Fragnelli, V. & Garcia-Jurado, I. & Patrone, F. & Tijs, S.H., 2002. "Balancedness of infrastructure cost games," Other publications TiSEM cf8007c3-0add-412a-88ac-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth & Tvede, Mich & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2013. "Cost Sharing in Chains and Other Fixed Trees," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 12/2013, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Peter Borm & Herbert Hamers & Ruud Hendrickx, 2001. "Operations research games: A survey," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 9(2), pages 139-199, December.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2001. "Operations Research Games : A Survey," Discussion Paper 2001-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2001. "Operations research games : A survey," Other publications TiSEM 755a430b-592f-400b-ba18-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth & Moulin, Hervé, 2014. "Sharing the cost of redundant items," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 339-352.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Hervé Moulin, 2012. "Sharing the Cost of Redundant Items," MSAP Working Paper Series 06_2012, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Casas-Mendez, Balbina & Garcia-Jurado, Ignacio & van den Nouweland, Anne & Vazquez-Brage, Margarita, 2003. "An extension of the [tau]-value to games with coalition structures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 148(3), pages 494-513, August.
- Youngsub Chun & Boram Park, 2016. "The airport problem with capacity constraints," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 20(3), pages 237-253, September.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Mich Tvede, 2011. "Incremental Cost Sharing in Chains and Fixed Trees," MSAP Working Paper Series 02_2011, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Miklós Pintér & Anna Radványi, 2013. "The Shapley value for shortest path games: a non-graph-based approach," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 21(4), pages 769-781, December.
- Chun Youngsub & Kayi Çağatay & Yeh Chun-Hsien, 2008. "Consistency and the sequential equal contributions rule for airport problems," Research Memorandum 039, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Vazquez-Brage, M. & van den Nouweland, A. & Garcia-Jurado, I., 1997. "Owen's coalitional value and aircraft landing fees," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 273-286, October.
- Danny Ben-Shahar & Yongheng Deng & Eyal Sulganik, 2006. "Shapley Cost Allocation Coincides with Relative Status: The Case of Skyscrapers," Working Paper 8567, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:28:y:1982:i:8:p:869-874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed