The Economics of Exchange Rate Volatility Asymmetry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fang, WenShwo & Lai, YiHao & Miller, Stephen M., 2009.
"Does exchange rate risk affect exports asymmetrically? Asian evidence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 215-239, March.
- WenShwo Fang & YiHao Lai & Stephen M. Miller, 2005. "Does Exchange Rate Risk Affect Exports Asymmetrically? Asian Evidence," Working papers 2005-09, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Jianxin & Yang, Minxian, 2009. "Asymmetric volatility in the foreign exchange markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 597-615, October.
- Dungey, Mardi & McKenzie, Michael & Tambakis, Demosthenes N., 2009. "Flight-to-quality and asymmetric volatility responses in US Treasuries," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 252-267.
- Kin-Yip Ho & Albert K Tsui, 2008.
"Volatility Dynamics in Foreign Exchange Rates : Further Evidence from the Malaysian Ringgit and Singapore Dollar,"
Finance Working Papers
22571, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kin-Yip Ho & Albert K Tsui, 2008. "Volatility Dynamics in Foreign Exchange Rates: Further Evidence from the Malaysian Ringgit and Singapore Dollar," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0805, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Robert T. Daigler & Ann Marie Hibbert & Ivelina Pavlova, 2014. "Examining the Return–Volatility Relation for Foreign Exchange: Evidence from the Euro VIX," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(1), pages 74-92, January.
- repec:khe:scajes:v:3:y:2017:i:3:p:47-53 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arturo Lorenzo-Valdés & Antonio Ruiz-Porras, 2012. "Los rendimientos cambiarios latinoamericanos y la (a)simetría de los shocks informacionales: un análisis econométrico," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 87-113, November.
- Kim, Suk-Joong & Sheen, Jeffrey, 2006. "Interventions in the Yen-dollar spot market: A story of price, volatility and volume," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 3191-3214, November.
- Broto, Carmen, 2013.
"The effectiveness of forex interventions in four Latin American countries,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 224-240.
- Carmen Broto, 2012. "The effectiveness of forex interventions in four Latin American countries," Working Papers 1226, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Selim Aren & Lutfihak Alpkan & Bulent Sezen & Ziya Alper Guncu, 2011. "Drivers of firms’ debt ratios: evidence from Taiwanese and Turkish firms," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 53-70, May.
- Juraj Stanèík, 2007. "Determinants of Exchange-Rate Volatility: The Case of the New EU Members," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 57(9-10), pages 414-432, October.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2007. "Behavior of Stock Market Index in the Stock Exchange of Thailand," MPRA Paper 45961, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alvarez-Ramirez, J. & Alvarez, J. & Rodríguez, E., 2015. "Asymmetric long-term autocorrelations in crude oil markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 424(C), pages 330-341.
- Wang, Kai-Li & Fawson, Christopher & Chen, Mei-Ling & Wu, An-Chi, 2014. "Characterizing information flows among spot, deliverable forward and non-deliverable forward exchange rate markets: A cross-country comparison," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 115-137.
- Park, Beum-Jo, 2010. "Surprising information, the MDH, and the relationship between volatility and trading volume," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 344-366, August.
- Chong, James, 2005. "The forecasting abilities of implied and econometric variance-covariance models across financial measures," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 463-490.
- Kwame Osei-Assibey, 2014. "Sign asymmetry and exchange rate market volatility: empirical evidence from two developing countries," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(2), pages 107-121.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Yang, Ming Jing & Gerlach, Richard & Jim Lo, H., 2006. "The asymmetric reactions of mean and volatility of stock returns to domestic and international information based on a four-regime double-threshold GARCH model," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 366(C), pages 401-418.
- Sayo Ayodeji, 2015. "Modeling Asymmetric Effect in African Currency Markets: Evidence from Kenya," Journal of Statistical and Econometric Methods, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 4(3), pages 1-2.
- Suardi, Sandy, 2008. "Central bank intervention, threshold effects and asymmetric volatility: Evidence from the Japanese yen-US dollar foreign exchange market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 628-642, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijf:ijfiec:v:7:y:2002:i:3:p:247-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1076-9307/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.