Linear versus Nonlinear Macroeconomies: A Statistical Test
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karuppiah, Jeyanthi & Los, Cornelis A., 2005.
"Wavelet multiresolution analysis of high-frequency Asian FX rates, Summer 1997,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 211-246.
- Cornelis A. Los & Jeyanthi Karuppiah, 2004. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency Asian FX Rates, Summer 1997," Finance 0409037, EconWPA.
- Elena Rusticelli & Richard Ashley & Estela Bee Dagum & Douglas Patterson, 2009.
"A New Bispectral Test for NonLinear Serial Dependence,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(1-3), pages 279-293.
- Elena Rusticelli & Richard A. Ashley & Estela Bee Dagum & Douglas M. Patterson, 2006. "A New Bispectral Test for Nonlinear Serial Dependence," Working Papers e06-6, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- T Tang, 2009. "Testing for Non-linearity in the Balancing Item of Balance of Payments Accounts: The Case of 20 Industrial Countries," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 14(2), pages 107-124, September.
- Aghababa, Hajar & Barnett, William A., 2016.
"Dynamic structure of the spot price of crude oil: does time aggregation matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 227-237.
- Barnett, William & Aghababa, Hajar, 2016. "Dynamic Structure of the Spot Price of Crude Oil: Does Time Aggregation Matter?," MPRA Paper 73240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Barnett & Hajar Aghababa, 2016. "Dynamic Structure of the Spot Price of Crude Oil: Does Time Aggregation Matter?," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201602, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2016.
- Barnett, William A. & Gallant, A. Ronald & Hinich, Melvin J. & Jungeilges, Jochen A. & Kaplan, Daniel T. & Jensen, Mark J., 1997.
"A single-blind controlled competition among tests for nonlinearity and chaos,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 157-192.
- William A. Barnett & A. Ronald Gallant & Melvin J. Hinich & Jochen A. Jungeilges & Daniel T. Kaplan & Mark J. Jensen, 1996. "A Single-Blind Controlled Competition among Tests for Nonlinearity and Chaos," Econometrics 9602005, EconWPA, revised 29 Jan 1997.
- William Barnett & A. Ronald Gallant & Melvin J. Hinich & Jochen A. Jungeilges & Daniel T. Kaplan & Mark J. Jensen, 2012. "A Single-Blind Controlled Competition Among Tests For Nonlinearity And Chaos," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201219, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Teles, Paulo & Wei, William W. S., 2000. "The effects of temporal aggregation on tests of linearity of a time series," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 91-103, July.
- João Paulo Martin Faleiros & Denisard Cnéio de Oliveira Alves, 2006. "Não Linearidade Nos Ciclos De Negócios: Modelo Auto-Regressivo “Smooth Transition” Para O Índice Geral De Produção Industrial Brasileiro E Bens De Capital," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 10, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Jeyanthi Karuppiah & Cornelis A. Los, 2000. "Wavelet Multiresolution Analysis of High-Frequency FX Rates, Summer 1997," School of Economics Working Papers 2000-06, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Lux, Thomas, 1998. "The socio-economic dynamics of speculative markets: interacting agents, chaos, and the fat tails of return distributions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 143-165, January.
- Peter Kugler, 1990. "Sind Wechselkursfluktuationen zufällig oder chaotisch?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 126(II), pages 113-129, June.
- Lubos Briatka, 2006. "How Big is Big Enough? Justifying Results of the iid Test Based on the Correlation Integral in the Non-Normal World," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp308, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Stephanie Rendón de la Torre, 2012. "Estimación del coeficiente de Hurst con wavelets de índices accionarios de Turquía, Indonesia, México y Corea del Sur," Revista de Administración, Finanzas y Economía (Journal of Management, Finance and Economics), Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México, vol. 6(2), pages 27-50.
- Liu, Yamei, 2000. "Overfitting and forecasting: linear versus non-linear time series models," ISU General Staff Papers 2000010108000014914, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Peter Martey Addo & Monica Billio & Dominique Guegan, 2012. "Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Wavelets for Business Cycle Analysis," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12023r, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Nov 2013.
- Dufrenot Gilles & Mathieu Laurent, 1994. "Methods In Economics: Testing For Linearity," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2-3), pages 1-16, June.
- Valderrama, Diego, 2007.
"Statistical nonlinearities in the business cycle: A challenge for the canonical RBC model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2957-2983, September.
- Diego Valderrama, 2002. "Statistical nonlinearities in the business cycle: a challenge for the canonical RBC model," Working Paper Series 2002-13, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Maurice Peat & Max Stevenson, 1995. "Testing for Nonlinearities in Economic and Financial Time Series," Working Paper Series 48, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Pfann, Gerard A., 1996. "Factor demand models with nonlinear short-run fluctuations," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 315-331.
- David Chappell & Robert Eldridge, 1997. "Non-linear characteristics of the sterling/European Currency Unit exchange rate: 1984-1992," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 159-182.
- Vinodh Madhavan, 2014. "Investigating the nature of nonlinearity in Indian Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(4), pages 395-415, March.
- Diego Valderrama, 2002. "Nonlinearities in international business cycles," Working Paper Series 2002-23, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Diego Valderrama, 2003. "Statistical Nonlinearities in the Business Cycle," Computing in Economics and Finance 2003 219, Society for Computational Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ier:iecrev:v:30:y:1989:i:3:p:685-704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.