On-park and off-park research spin-offs: some insights from an empirical investigation on Italy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ilaria Mariotti & Elisa Salvador, 2015. "On-park and off-park research spin-offs: some insights from an empirical investigation on Italy," Post-Print hal-02265373, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T., 2003. "U.S. science parks: the diffusion of an innovation and its effects on the academic missions of universities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(9), pages 1323-1356, November.
- Geuna, Aldo & Rossi, Federica, 2011.
"Changes to university IPR regulations in Europe and the impact on academic patenting,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1068-1076, October.
- Geuna Aldo & Rossi Federica, 2010. "Changes to university IPR regulations in Europe and the impact on academic patenting," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201015, University of Turin.
- Elisa Salvador, 2011.
"Are science parks and incubators good “brand names” for spin-offs? The case study of Turin,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 203-232, April.
- Elisa Salvador, 2011. "Are science parks and incubators good “brand names” for spin-offs? The case-study of Turin," Post-Print hal-02133847, HAL.
- Peter Lindelöf & Hans Löfsten, 2004. "Proximity as a Resource Base for Competitive Advantage: University--Industry Links for Technology Transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 29(3_4), pages 311-326, August.
- Sean M. Hackett & David M. Dilts, 2004. "A Systematic Review of Business Incubation Research," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 55-82, January.
- Richard Ferguson & Christer Olofsson, 2004. "Science Parks and the Development of NTBFs-- Location, Survival and Growth," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Mustar, Philippe & Renault, Marie & Colombo, Massimo G. & Piva, Evila & Fontes, Margarida & Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike & Clarysse, Bart & Moray, Nathalie, 2006. "Conceptualising the heterogeneity of research-based spin-offs: A multi-dimensional taxonomy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 289-308, March.
- Anna Lejpras & Andreas Stephan, 2011.
"Locational conditions, cooperation, and innovativeness: evidence from research and company spin-offs,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 46(3), pages 543-575, June.
- Lejpras, Anna & Stephan, Andreas, 2008. "Locational Conditions, Cooperation, and Innovativeness: evidence from research and company spin-offs," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 136, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Anna Lejpras & Andreas Stephan, 2008. "Locational Conditions, Cooperation, and Innovativeness: Evidence from Research and Company Spin-offs," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 804, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rothaermel, Frank T. & Thursby, Marie, 2005. "University-incubator firm knowledge flows: assessing their impact on incubator firm performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 305-320, April.
- Junfu Zhang, 2009. "The performance of university spin-offs: an exploratory analysis using venture capital data," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 255-285, June.
- Yang, Chih-Hai & Motohashi, Kazuyuki & Chen, Jong-Rong, 2009. "Are new technology-based firms located on science parks really more innovative?: Evidence from Taiwan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 77-85, February.
- Michael Schwartz, 2009. "Beyond incubation: an analysis of firm survival and exit dynamics in the post-graduation period," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 403-421, August.
- Alessandro Muscio, 2010. "What drives the university use of technology transfer offices? Evidence from Italy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 181-202, April.
- Mian, Sarfraz A., 1996. "Assessing value-added contributions of university technology business incubators to tenant firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 325-335, May.
- Joan Bellavista & Luis Sanz, 2009. "Science and technology parks: habitats of innovation: introduction to special section," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(7), pages 499-510, August.
- Elisa Salvador & Secondo Rolfo, 2011.
"Are incubators and science parks effective for research spin-offs? Evidence from Italy,"
Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(3), pages 170-184, April.
- Elisa Salvador & Secondo Rolfo, 2011. "Are incubators and science parks effective for research spin-offs? Evidence from Italy," Post-Print hal-02520564, HAL.
- Evangelia Sofouli & Nicholas Vonortas, 2007. "S&T Parks and business incubators in middle-sized countries: the case of greece," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(5), pages 525-544, October.
- Albert N. Link & John T. Scott, 2007. "The economics of university research parks," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 661-674, Winter.
- Patrizio Bianchi & Sandrine Labory & Enzo Pontarollo, 2010. "Industrial Policy in Italy viewed through the journal L'Industria," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 349-370.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco, 2002. "How effective are technology incubators?: Evidence from Italy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1103-1122, September.
- Elisa Salvador & Ilaria Mariotti & Fabrizio Conicella, 2013. "Science Park or Innovation Cluster?" Similarities and differences in physical and virtual firms' agglomeration phenomena," Post-Print hal-02273841, HAL.
- Elisa Salvador, 2011.
"How effective are research spin-off firms in Italy?,"
Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 99-122.
- Elisa Salvador, 2011. "How effective are research spin-off firms in Italy?," Post-Print hal-02065493, HAL.
- Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike, 2005. "Resources, capabilities, risk capital and the creation of university spin-out companies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1043-1057, September.
- Philippe Mustar & Mike Wright, 2010. "Convergence or path dependency in policies to foster the creation of university spin-off firms? A comparison of France and the United Kingdom," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 42-65, February.
- Bart Clarysse & Mike Wright & Andy Lockett & Philippe Mustar & Mirjam Knockaert, 2007. "Academic spin-offs, formal technology transfer and capital raising," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 609-640, August.
- Jurgen Egeln & Sandra Gottschalk & Christian Rammer, 2004. "Location Decisions of Spin-offs from Public Research Institutions," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 207-223.
- Donato Iacobucci & Alessandra Micozzi, 2012. "How to evaluate the impact of academic spin-offs on regional development," Working Papers 1204, c.MET-05 - Centro Interuniversitario di Economia Applicata alle Politiche per L'industria, lo Sviluppo locale e l'Internazionalizzazione.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Salvador & Pierre-Jean Benghozi, 2015. "Research spin-off firms: does the university involvement really matter?," Post-Print hal-02091015, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordsresearch spin-offs; RSOs; science parks; business incubators; technology transfer; Italy; universities; entrepreneurship; biopharmaceuticals; biopharmaceutical industry; patents; value-added; innovation.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijeima:v:19:y:2015:i:5/6:p:405-422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmel O'Grady) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Carmel O'Grady to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=7 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.