Financial integration of GCC capital markets: evidence of non-linear cointegration
This paper employs a non-parametric test to investigate non-linearity in the long-run equilibrium relationship between GCC stock markets returns. The results in the paper show strong evidence of bivariate and multivariate cointegration between five GCC stock markets. However, the Bahrain stock market is evidenced segmented from the group of GCC markets. It is indicated that there is bivariate non-linear cointegrating relationship linking the Kuwait stock market with each of Saudi and Dubai markets. Non-linearity is also realised between the Saudi market and each of the Dubai and Abu-Dhabi markets, as well as between the Muscat and the Kuwait stock markets.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=214|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990.
"Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- Breitung, Jorg & Gourieroux, Christian, 1997.
"Rank tests for unit roots,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 7-27, November.
- Tuluca, Sorin A & Zwick, Burton, 2001. "The Effects of the Asian Crisis on Global Equity Markets," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 36(1), pages 125-41, February.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Roberto Rigobon, 2002.
"Contagion: How to Measure It?,"
in: Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 269-334
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1997. "Dynamic linkages and the propagation mechanism driving major international stock markets: An analysis of the pre- and post-crash eras," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 859-885.
- Lee, Tae-Hwy & White, Halbert & Granger, Clive W. J., 1993.
"Testing for neglected nonlinearity in time series models : A comparison of neural network methods and alternative tests,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 269-290, April.
- Tom Doan, . "REGWHITENNTEST: RATS procedure to perform White neural network test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00183, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, . "REGRESET: RATS procedure to perform Ramsey RESET test on regression," Statistical Software Components RTS00181, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:afasfa:v:1:y:2009:i:3:p:251-265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Langley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.